PDA

View Full Version : SOL-740

robin m
07-02-2007, 07:08 PM
A track I've been playing around with on and off for the last week, something a bit different for me.

Still plenty of work to do, especially on the mixdown, and I'm going to have a play with the stereo on the effects a bit more when I get time but this is where it's at for now:

http://wrongnoise.com/music/tunes/Rob Soliton - SOL-740.mp3

Comments, abuse & feedback very welcome as ever - cheers

Mindful
08-02-2007, 08:17 PM
man thats pretty hot.
love the intro, I realy wasnt expecting that kick, the kick pattern is very cool, nice loose yet robotic feel to it, nice build of energy and I dig the main perk, I think the synths, pads on the break could be a little bigger maybe, but maybe not. also it fell away for me after the break but maybe thats lack of volume at my end.

BRADLEE
08-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Only in the headphones homie, but all sounds well to me in them. Can't fully comment on the mixdown because of such. As far as the track itself goes, ****ing beautiful I think. Is it done yet Rob? Sort of felt like you were going to add something else towards the end after the break. However mate, overall that is one ill mother f&*#er

jk_scowling
08-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Wicked, really liking this track, the beats wicked, all sounds pretty sweet production wise. all the background synths and stuff are cool and keep it interesting.

Only thing I'm not to sure about is the drone sound and the vocal that come in at the breakdown, don't really think they fit with the style of track, in my opinion anyway.

Love the way it starts and builds into the kick coming in, top notch mate.:)

robin m
08-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Cheers all for listening and taking time to leave feeback, very much appreciated and glad you reckon this has got some potential. I'm definitely feeling a lot happier having seen sense and ditched Reason, I was getting nothing but turd out of it but like a sore tooth I couldn't stop playing with it.

I definitely need to work on the mix, I didn't really notice til now but everything definitely does get a bit squashed by the kicks after that first break... and as I said I want to have a bit more of a play with some of the structure (you're right about it wanting to do something more after the main break Brad - cheers) and especially reckon messing with the stereo would help. Roll on the weekend :;

...oh and jakes I'm keeping the vocal in the break, at heart I'm very childish with my techno as you know! When I'm done tinkering with it you're more than welcome to a copy on cd to chop up and beard-ize if you want :;

jk_scowling
08-02-2007, 11:19 PM
...oh and jakes I'm keeping the vocal in the break, at heart I'm very childish with my techno as you know! When I'm done tinkering with it you're more than welcome to a copy on cd to chop up and beard-ize if you want :;

Ha ha! Fair enough, its just me and my hatred of drones/vocals and my love of beardy techno. :mrmyagi:

Grenoybel
09-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Banging stuff bro

Keep it going

278d7e64a374de26f==