PDA

View Full Version : englands next manager

Aratron
09-02-2007, 12:01 AM
mclaren will be gone soon

who best to replace him then?

SlavikSvensk
09-02-2007, 05:27 AM
who has expressed interest? i know scolari was interested but i think he just re-signed with portugal.

french_og
09-02-2007, 08:41 AM
I always wanted Alyrdyce... but as he is not a 'yes' man or foreign that will never happen.

Insomnia
09-02-2007, 11:04 AM
It's a tuffy this one maybe someone like scolari would be good, he has a good track record. Though think they would want an English man so Sam the man..

Esox Lucius
09-02-2007, 11:54 AM
england fans wanted an english manager

they got one

now they want another foreigner :cheese:

french_og
09-02-2007, 12:00 PM
I never wanted Mclaren... always thought he was crap. And i don't want a foreign manager...

basslinejunkie
09-02-2007, 12:04 PM
the man it should of been in the 1st place, allardacye

Esox Lucius
09-02-2007, 12:33 PM
nah sam is too into doing dodgy dealings at bolton.

lukekendall
09-02-2007, 12:47 PM
i never wanted that ginger twat he was svens second man so not much has changed its just got worse!

i always wanted big Phil as he is a proven manager!! so what if he was not english? if we were crap under him then we could say as a country we think we are better than we actually are as he has proven he aint a crap gaffer

basslinejunkie
09-02-2007, 01:11 PM
nah sam is too into doing dodgy dealings at bolton.

he could be a dodgy smack barron for all i care,as long as he sorts out the tarts that where the shirt currently,i think he would.

french_og
09-02-2007, 01:21 PM
England are not a great side which is why you need a manager like Allrdyce to get the best out of the players like he does at Bolton. But again he is not a 'yes' man so will have no chance of ever getting a sniff at the job.

dan the acid man
09-02-2007, 03:06 PM
i cant see them replacing him soon anyway, the fa wont want to admit they ****ed it up.

Siege
15-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Id go for Gus hiddink....foreign,i know, but hes done wonders were ever hes been. Plenty of experience at world level too

SlavikSvensk
15-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Id go for Gus hiddink....foreign,i know, but hes done wonders were ever hes been. Plenty of experience at world level too

that would be an excellent choice, but my gut tells me he wouldn't take the job...it's the most thankless job in football

Insomnia
15-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Berti Vogts lol :laughing: :laughing:

DJsmallpaul
15-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I can already confirm that Stuart Pearce would be the unanimous favorite for the FA. Big Sam will never be offered the job as the FA policy is that old skool managers are out & new young fresh thinking managers are in. Your more likley to see Paul Simpson the Blackpool manager in charge of England in the next few years than you are of seeing somebody like Curbishley or Allardyce.

french_og
16-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Alydyce is far from Old School, he uses all the up to date technology at Bolton for training and preparation and his England interview was meant to be brilliant and well prepared. The only reason he won;t get the job is cuz he is not scared to say when the ref has had a crap game and he speaks his mind.

Insomnia
16-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Alydyce is far from Old School, he uses all the up to date technology at Bolton for training and preparation and his England interview was meant to be brilliant and well prepared. The only reason he won;t get the job is cuz he is not scared to say when the ref has had a crap game and he speaks his mind.

Yep he didn't hold back the other night against Arsenal in the cup that's for sure.. :cheese:

force
16-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Alydyce i reckon, although O'Neil would have been a good choice.

I cant believe they picked that quiffy cunt McClaren. Surely, he should take half the blame for the shite we played under Sven. AND.........what the **** did he do at Middlesbrough??

SlavikSvensk
16-02-2007, 05:02 PM
i don't really think england played poorly under sven. made all the tournaments, made it to the second round of each, won first game at least of each. only tournament england had a chance to win was euro2004, and that was anyone's. more teams than just england miffed their biggest chance in ages at that one.

now, under mcclaren, england may not qualify for euro2008. that's a huge step down.

Insomnia
16-02-2007, 05:31 PM
It really pisses me off how the media jump on the back of managers and especially the England job.. Maybe if they backed off abit and let them get on with it there maybe more success!! Mc Claren has only been in for about 7 games and that simply aint enough time to judge how good he is.. Though i would of thought from the Euro group qualifier it wolud of been a walk in the park so maybe but i cant see it if they dont qualify then fair enough i couldn't see him hanging around, but we'll have to wait and see!! :cheese:

DJsmallpaul
16-02-2007, 05:41 PM

I disagree, just because Bolton employ silly amounts of staff to look after everything from diets to the colour of each blade of grass on the pitch doesn't mean Allardyce is some kind of pioneer. His long ball tactics are old skool....his bullying style of play is extreamly old skool....& the way he deals with transfers is deffo prehistoric.

Aratron
25-03-2007, 01:34 PM
he must go now

Dean-E
25-03-2007, 02:04 PM
he should never have got the job. he was svens yes man through all the shit desissions...absolute bag of shite

Insomnia
25-03-2007, 02:06 PM
he must go now:icon14:

Richierush
25-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Get venables in from 2nd in command,euro 96 is my best memories of england bein a good side in my life time anyway :cheese: an get rid of fat lampard

DJsmallpaul
25-03-2007, 07:02 PM
i cant see them replacing him soon anyway, the fa wont want to admit they ****ed it up.

Exactly

nick_anarchy
25-03-2007, 07:26 PM
its a impossible job to take on , who in there right mind would want to be the manager of a squad who's papers rip them left right and center and want them to fail !! , sink low and reck their private life and slate them on every paper day in day out

plus to pick a squad which picks itself no man will change his views on the players , it will never change !

1 thing needs to happen tho ... beckham has to be picked in my view i dont care what anyone says about him he has to be the 1st on the team sheet ...

and tbh i didnt think i would say this but i think we miss michael owen

i just wish robbie fowler was young again thats one player who was over looked to much and in his hay day was the best finisher around ! ( and thats coming from a manc ! )

Esox Lucius
25-03-2007, 09:10 PM
ian holloway, be a laugh that like. top bloke probably do better than mc laren.

Aratron
25-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Get venables in from 2nd in command,euro 96 is my best memories of england bein a good side in my life time anyway :cheese: an get rid of fat lampard

lol. bit greedy with the ball isnt he

Richierush
25-03-2007, 09:55 PM
lol. bit greedy with the ball isnt he

yes :laughing:

278d7e64a374de26f==