PDA

View Full Version : Dual boot systems

Barely Human
30-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Ive got two hdd's and at the moment i have windows installed on the C drive and have D drive set as a slave. I want to leave the C drive as it is and create a new windows on D for various reasons. Anyone know how to do this?

Cheers

yeswehavetheright
31-10-2003, 02:59 PM
Shouldn't cause you too much trouble to do this if you are planning to install NT, 2K or XP (not 98 or Me). When you run setup, just choose the option to install a new copy (not upgrade). During windows setup you should be able to change the install location for windows files to the d: drive. Windows setup should detect that you already have an OS installed and add the newly installed version as a second option in the boot.ini file. You can choose which version you want to go into when you first boot up.

John Ferraris
28-11-2003, 02:29 PM
if u wanna have, say, win95/98/me AND something like WinXP/nt, youll have to put 95/98/me on first then xp or whatever. When u put nt/xp on there it will give u the option of a dual boot. if u put nt/xp on first then 95/98, it will **** up as 95/98 will overwrite the boot info stored on the primary hard disk. if u want 2 copies of 95/98, youll have to get some form of dual boot software.

Or something like that ;)

hope that helps

John Ferraris
28-11-2003, 02:30 PM
if u wanna have, say, win95/98/me AND something like WinXP/nt, youll have to put 95/98/me on first then xp or whatever. When u put nt/xp on there it will give u the option of a dual boot. if u put nt/xp on first then 95/98, it will **** up as 95/98 will overwrite the boot info stored on the primary hard disk. if u want 2 copies of 95/98, youll have to get some form of dual boot software.

Or something like that ;)

hope that helps

278d7e64a374de26f==