PDA

View Full Version : MAC USERS: How the hell are you downloading sets?

tekara
30-10-2003, 06:45 AM
for all my fellow Apple friends....

quick question: how are you guys downloading all your livesets since its pretty muich impossible to login to Napster and Soulseek?

Website links?

thanks!

gerben
30-10-2003, 11:34 AM
I'm a MACuser, and haven't regret it. Cause i love the comp's. Anyways, Limewire is pretty good to use. It's like Napster but not that big, but it's getting bigger and bigger every day. And if u search enough forums and sites u'll find much much free downloadable sets. And a few years ago there was Macster, but due to the illegal stuff they removed it, or it's with payment now. Got no idea. But Mac has a few big mp3-search engines. ;)

spiralx
30-10-2003, 11:43 AM
Actually since joining this site I don't think I've had to download any sets off of file-sharing apps... there's plenty of stuff on the web to download.

krakp0t
30-10-2003, 07:48 PM
http://www.ckwlive.net

jonnyspeed
01-11-2003, 12:04 AM
I'd love to say I love Macs but I can not see one reason for using one. Not one. Everything that runs on Macs runs on XP - PC hardware is cheaper and there is 100s more PC software applications.

Macs? Why? Can anybody find any reasons?

dan the acid man
01-11-2003, 12:14 AM
I'd love to say I love Macs but I can not see one reason for using one. Not one. Everything that runs on Macs runs on XP - PC hardware is cheaper and there is 100s more PC software applications.

Macs? Why? Can anybody find any reasons?

because when running cubase, logic e.t.c they wont stutter like a pc can, dont get me wrong i use a pc but if i had the money i would get a mac for audio. If you want to see the difference, get a mac and pc side by side running the same software and you will see a difference in the stability

jonnyspeed
01-11-2003, 09:30 AM
Dunno - if software stutters you just need a bit more memory - nought wrong with the platform just the set-up.

Peace. ;)

bryan sleiter
01-11-2003, 03:34 PM
for all my fellow Apple friends....

quick question: how are you guys downloading all your livesets since its pretty muich impossible to login to Napster and Soulseek?

Website links?

thanks!

try the os x p2p program "acquisition".....
http://www.acquisitionx.com/

jonnyspeed
01-11-2003, 06:58 PM
Have a look on zeropaid - theres a mac section with P2P applications ranked by popularity.

http://www.zeropaid.com/php/top_prog.php?frm_where=1&frm_where_type=mac

davethedrummer
02-11-2003, 07:26 PM
there is a very good reason why the mac/pc argument is banned on many forums.
do be careful lads it is so bloody easy to start this debate and very difficult to stop it and .....no one wins.

nofrills
02-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Here's a link to some great techno links via our message board...enjoy!!

http://www.phillytechno.org/phillytechnoforum/snitzforums2000/db/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=13

*You may have to register to get to it*

gerben
04-11-2003, 01:27 PM
Well dj's like Chris Liebing, Richie Hawtin, Stanny Franssen,... use macs for audio and Final Scratch. Why ? Mac is just looks better is far more easy to use. Almost every designer uses them cause of their graphical capabilities. If u use the OS X system or the newest OS X Panter then u'll know why the hell i prefer macs. We've got 4 of them at home. I grew up with them, so i don't want any other comp. But that's my opninion. it's an endless discussion. Pc's are better if u want to have much software (games,mp3 search engines,...) , although microsoft has too many bugs and useless crap (My Mac always stutters when using some microsoft program,...). And pc's are cheaper. But like everybody chooses his own style in clothing or music, everybody chooses his own sort of comp. It's just that Mac has made terrific stuff lately : iPod (best mp3 player with memory of 40 Gb), Titanium (very thin and expensive and durable laptop), the iBooks, Powerbooks, G5,.. and so on. Anyway ill shut up now...

278d7e64a374de26f==