PDA

View Full Version : [Manchester] - Locked records release party - Pacou live

16-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Locked records 001 release party

Celebrating the start of our online mp3 record label. First release features tracks by Pacou, Dominik Muller, Only and Sinistra and will soon be available to download free from our website:

www.lockedrecords.co.uk

Special guests //////////

Pacou Live (Tresor, Cache - Berlin)
Dominik Müller Live (Furanum recs, Poland)
Only Live (Locked)

residents Jay Knight, Adam Rayner and Sam Horam

Download Pacou's Locked 2003 set here (http://www.lockedrecords.co.uk/media2/mixes/Pacou_Live_@_Locked_October_2003.mp3). Debatably the best set we have recorded to date

Joshua Brooks Charles st Manchester
£4 b4 11, £6 after. ****in bargain
Doors 10 till 3
Free promotional stuff on the night
Locked records 001 tracks and info to follow!

http://www.lockedrecords.co.uk/pages/latest%20flyer/March2007.jpg

Pacou

Pacou lived in Berlin all his life. Back in 1989 the sounds of House and Techno took off there. Starting out as a hobby, he became a record collector and went to many now legendary parties and club events. 1993 he bought the first little music equipment. Three years on, he produced, and then released the first records under the name "agent cooper" (on the label "Raw Music") and "Pacou" (on Tresor Records). Soon after, Tresors recordlabel released Pacous first longplay album "Symbolic Language", and he became a resident DJ at the club. The year 1998 marked a substantial progress in both DJ and production aspects of the work. He started playing DJ sets around Europe, Japan and Australia, and changed over to fulltime work on music and performing as DJ. The main release was the experimental techno style LP "No computer involved" on Tresor. In september 1998 Pacou founded his own label "LL Records", for release of some of his own material and of some friends. 1999 saw the continuation of work, a 12" single called "A Universal Movement" and continued travels and showcases around the globe. Remixes for Ben Sims and Access 58 from UK were also done at the time. Another LP format "State of mind" was released in March 2000, furthermore vinyl singles on the famous dutch label Djax-Up-Beats. Tour dates again ranged from Brasil to Australia. In fact travelling became more important - learning about other cultures and climates first hand changes views on life... Finally this website "www.pacou.com" was started in mid-2000. Musical projects for 2001 included releases on the German "Konsequent" imprint (album and singles), the "Music Man" and "Djax" record labels...

March 2001 saw a promotional tour over Australia. New plans for 2003 included continued work on Music Man label series "Rio Sketches", and starting a new Livemusic / performance project "AUTOFOKUS", which released 3 vinyl singles in 2004/ 05. Tresor released another single "Last Man Standing" in Feb 2004 and a whole album "The Berlin Sessions" produced with Juan Atkins in 2005. The newest project "Cache Records" was started in May 2005. So far Pacou played in places of more than 20 countries, and so the story will continue... spreading the good vibe.

Dominik Müller

On our travels to Katowice, Poland we were introduced to the music of Domink Muller. We were so impressed we said we have to get him over here and expose him to the UK scene.
He started his journey in to electronic music at the beginning of 90's. During that time his musical influence was based mostly on minimal trance sounds but within the next couple of years his musical interests turned into loop based techno sounds. Now his preferred music style is dark, industrial techno with deep spacious backgrounds. As he says "each of my tracks is a compound of industrial layers which cause sound hallucinations in your mind".
His first release was for Silence virtual label in 2003 and a track called "volcano" was found on a various artists release called New Faces. Later on apart from producing tracks he has decided to contribute more in Silesian techno scene. That is why in 2004 he founded "Centre of Sonic", an audio-visual creation group. Between 2005-2006 he was also member of a dj group called Extreme-tech which launched many parties in the southern area of Poland. During that time he has had many appearances and experience in structuring his dark techno live act.

Technobitch
16-02-2007, 10:33 PM
woohoo loooking forward to it already, well missed locked and all the gurners this month!! cant wait for this one :cheese:

neko
17-02-2007, 10:24 AM
belter, im meant to be in at work that weekend but i'll be throwing a sicky.

sisherlock
17-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Nice one lads can't wait for this one, should be a belter

Sam_Horam
22-02-2007, 12:59 AM
Pictures from February's Locked have now been added to the site in the images section at

www.lockedrecords.co.uk (http://www.lockedrecords.co.uk)

You can also download Pacou's latest promo live set from the link below

Pacou - Live PA Promo (http://www.lockedrecords.co.uk/media2/mixes/Pacou_LivePA_promo.mp3)

Joycey
22-02-2007, 07:10 PM
I can't wait for this...

Yes Dawn Ive well missed my Techno partner! Will be top to see ya and have a long missed gurn off with ya!

;)

xx

Sam_Horam
01-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Don't forget as well as the Pacou mix we've got loads of other mixes to download including several sets live from Locked (Oscar Mulero and Mark Williams amongst others) and several more recorded over the last few years will be added when we get round to sorting them out!

Check the mixes section at

www.lockedrecords.co.uk (www.lockedrecords.co.uk)

Miss Saysay
01-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Oh yesssss, i'll deffo be there, not been for a while now and im getting withdrawel symptons!! See yaz on the dancefloor! :cheese:

Siege
01-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Il have some of this...cant believe ive still not been,been meaning to check it out for soooo long..only down the road from me too.
time to pull my finger out.

Frank Dogshit
01-03-2007, 08:30 PM
good to have pacou back in manchester...his first live set in manchester 3 years ago was excellent.

just the sort of techno i thrive on...

this 'Only' character is pretty good too from what ive heard of him...ill try and get his live set up on here if i can figure out how to upload stuff.

Technobitch
02-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Il have some of this...cant believe ive still not been,been meaning to check it out for soooo long..only down the road from me too.
time to pull my finger out.

yeah you got to get your ass to locked, its a good night out, the techno never lets you down :cheese:

Traxx
02-03-2007, 05:04 PM
High hopes for this one!

Sam_Horam
07-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Not long till Friday now. Hope to see plenty of you down there.

In the meantime you can download a new mix from our site.

Recorded back in May 2005 at Locked vs. Computer Controlled we have an exclusive mix from next month's special guest for Locked's 4th birthday - DJ Godfather.

Here's the link:

DJ Godfather - Live @ Locked vs. Computer Controlled (http://www.lockedrecords.co.uk/media2/mixes/DJ_Godfather_Live_@_Locked_vs_Computer_Controlled. mp3)

t-dj
08-03-2007, 10:08 PM
soundcheck looks like this...
packing up now.

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/1203/manchester1oy1.jpg

Frank Dogshit
09-03-2007, 12:46 AM
roll on this evening....

cant wait to hear some proper techno rattlers.

ComputerControlled
09-03-2007, 05:13 PM
lookin forward to this, especially pacou!!!

proper techno!
bring it on!!!

Mucky Beats
09-03-2007, 06:27 PM
too right this should be a gud n

t-dj
11-03-2007, 03:35 PM
my pictures:
http://cacherec.ning.com/photo/album/show?id=546898%3AAlbum%3A141

Technobitch
11-03-2007, 08:49 PM
well what another stomper of an evening at locked! well enjoyed it and the techno was quality all night.... although i was a lil bit drunk so the finer details are a lil hazy :laughing:

Mucky Beats
11-03-2007, 09:02 PM
really enjoyed pacou live.... pounders all the way! nice one !

Miss Saysay
12-03-2007, 10:20 PM
I had another top night! :cheese: Bumped into Frank Dogshit on the dancefloor, literally lol ...nice to meet you...i might not have been making much sense at the time so, sorry! :laughing:

278d7e64a374de26f==