PDA

View Full Version : This maybe complete S**t but is The Q Club, Birmingham........?

Split-Personality
20-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Gonna re-open??????????

I saw on another forum a proposed night in The Q Club, so I just wondered if any of you guys had heard anything about the re-opening of the true home of Atomic-Jam???

Feel free to confirm or shoot-down!

Frank Dogshit
20-02-2007, 11:48 PM
it would be the best thing to happen to UK techno in a long time if that place reopened again.

i hope its true,but after all this time without it...it just doesnt seem likely.

djbuzzbe
20-02-2007, 11:59 PM
iv heard below have "secured" a night there wot ever that means ,if can get que up and runnig again would be great for the jam

Split-Personality
21-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Thats exactly what I heard, I know one of the blokes who puts Below on but have not had the chance to speak to him about it yet!

Then the next logical progression was if Below has a night there then surely The Jam can too..........................

What this space I guess guys!!!

Si the Sigh
21-02-2007, 02:21 PM
http://www.theticketsellers.co.uk/ebay/Que_Pic_blue.jpg

Split-Personality
21-02-2007, 04:00 PM
The Church Of Techno with the murky green corridors and slanted seating area!
What a place!!! I remember when Dj Rush sang "Get On Up" Chris Liebling mix wearing a Top Hat and face paint!!! CLASSIC!!!

Sitting back stage with the air-con and a big Spliff chatting Justin Berkovi...........

Re-open the Q Club!!!!!!!!!

eyeswithoutaface
21-02-2007, 08:09 PM
sorry to be a pedant but it was actually a sailors hat hehe.... still one of the best night's of my life that night, truely, truely magical stuff that night. I literaly still get teary eyed talking about the Q club and the nights that i experienced in there. Truely life changing moments.

but i'd put my money where my mouth is and say firmly i dont think there's any chance AT ALL of it re-opening after the powers that be finally got the place closed. I wouldnt get all excited if i was anyone, im confident that we wont unfortunately be dancing in those hallowed corridors this year, next year or the year after that

Split-Personality
21-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Haahaa no worries man, wasnt the most sober that night if I remember likely!!!
That was truly a night to remember. I went to my first ever Techno event in the Q Club!!!

Sanity says its not gonna happen but a little bit of me wants to believe. I have messaged one of the guys from "Below" to see what he has to say about it.

Will keep you guys informed.

fils_here
21-02-2007, 09:13 PM
looked like a top place guyz :)

eyeswithoutaface
21-02-2007, 09:13 PM
seriously if it happens id be amazingly surprised, pretty much 100% that it wont re-open. Birmingham is in desperate need of a good venue i think

Split-Personality
22-02-2007, 09:59 AM
This is the reply I got from the promoter of Below:-

"Subject to licencing mate. I have met the new owner and he has confirmed interest and i have had a meeting with risk assesment and fire chiefs. It aint to far away i dont think"

So who knows................?

Si the Sigh
22-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Was just about to say Below have been looking into it. :)

Fingers crossed...

Mitzi king
27-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Looks like a savage club!!

Joycey
28-02-2007, 06:54 PM
I'd love it if that place opened again

That picture is mint - ahhh memories!

Jay Pace
28-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Remember seeing ignition technician, marco corolla and dave clarke years back

Wasn't the best night I'd had. Shit drugs didn't help though...

Man, I would kill for a proper stomp out at the couryard at Bugged Out at nation. That place had carnival atmosphere, just madness.

Sometimes i wish I had been born earlier, always had the feeling I caught the tail end of things...

Frank Dogshit
28-02-2007, 11:38 PM
while were on the subject lets get the afterdark open again and have a reet old pound off.

eyeswithoutaface
28-02-2007, 11:42 PM
this is getting way too emotional for me, i cant think of both Bugged out in the courtyard AND the old Jam at the Q in one night. Too much. If i dont reply on msn, well, ive topped myself

Louk
01-03-2007, 01:42 AM
Hope it does reopen would love to check it out.

Louk

Split-Personality
01-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Yep, if Below does trurly get the GRAND re-opening night im THERE no two ways about it!!!!!!!!

Im still waiting back on his next reply from another forum................

Traxx
01-03-2007, 05:45 PM
What style of music is below?

Roxy Trip
01-03-2007, 05:47 PM
http://www.theticketsellers.co.uk/ebay/Que_Pic_blue.jpg

looks ace :cheese:

278d7e64a374de26f==