PDA

View Full Version : smitten is dead????

kev
22-02-2007, 03:08 PM
is smitten is dead dead?????
what tunes would you like to see as the final few releases
shame they went for well obvious ones but i think they have covered all the obvious ones now so what next???

bet the gift is the last one

Si the Sigh
22-02-2007, 03:16 PM
I might have another bash at a remix and send one up to SUF HQ. Either that or dig out the Pac Tek one Log and me started... :)

Athar
22-02-2007, 03:45 PM
bet the gift is the last one

yeah it could be.
Would love to see squid remixes from smt 03. Tune!!!!

zyclone
22-02-2007, 11:47 PM
I would like to hear some new mixes of Hibernate - The tank theme! If its not already been done ?

dan the acid man
23-02-2007, 12:00 AM
would be nice to see brown nun remixed, one of the best dark acid tunes ever

Si the Sigh
23-02-2007, 07:21 AM
Be nice to hear something that wasn't that good first time round re-done IMO, instead of re-hashing a track that was and still is awesome.

kev
23-02-2007, 12:32 PM
just been digging in my smitten pile to see if i could find one that could do with a rework and dug out the long and the short now there is a tune that defo dosnt need a rework

shit i forgot how much that tune goes off :cheese: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheese:

conor256
23-02-2007, 02:09 PM
maaybe balloonheads, jaw 2 the floor....... or possibly lochi - no sellout...... both of which are already great tracks but an up to date remix might be interesting......

rhythmtech
23-02-2007, 03:41 PM
maaybe balloonheads, jaw 2 the floor....... or possibly lochi - no sellout...... both of which are already great tracks but an up to date remix might be interesting......

isnt no sell out a routemaster track mr memory man :briggin: :laughing:

conor.. you seriously need to lay off them asprins!!!!

rhythmtech
23-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Be nice to hear something that wasn't that good first time round re-done IMO, instead of re-hashing a track that was and still is awesome.

bit tough.. there werent too many lemons on smitten :whoops:

i'd love to hear jaw to the floor like conor said

the bass drop and 303 growl in that was immense but i found the tune a little too drawn out.. coulda got to the point a lot quicker

fatcollective
23-02-2007, 04:17 PM
isnt no sell out a routemaster track mr memory man :briggin: :laughing:

conor.. you seriously need to lay off them asprins!!!!

im sure i had the 'No Sellout' track on a smitten, i've probably still got it somewhere, i can remeber it was in a double pack and the label was brown...hmmm or was it routemaster...**** knows!!

rhythmtech
23-02-2007, 04:26 PM
im sure i had the 'No Sellout' track on a smitten, i've probably still got it somewhere, i can remeber it was in a double pack and the label was brown...hmmm or was it routemaster...**** knows!!

actually i think it was the smitten double pack.. the one with x meets y on it? :laughing: :laughing:

f*ck i dont know anymore :whoops:

fatcollective
23-02-2007, 04:37 PM
actually i think it was the smitten double pack.. the one with x meets y on it? :laughing: :laughing:

yep thats it for sure, what a great record..."no sellout...this is the message!!"

conor256
23-02-2007, 05:03 PM

smitten 20 -its an acid thing .......

mr memory man!!!! ha ha

groover'z
23-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Smitten 31 the Vibe Bar Rejects - Disturbance

Smitten 08 - DDR & Geezer - Barndance

rhythmtech
23-02-2007, 05:26 PM
smitten 20 -its an acid thing .......

mr memory man!!!! ha ha

well some of us have moved forward..

and.. yer ma :briggin: :laughing:

kev
24-02-2007, 12:35 AM
would love to here a new mix of what you need

Athar
25-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Smitten 08 - DDR & Geezer - Barndance

You mean about tune from Bionic Orange 008 ?
Or BSE/Mad Cows On Acid ?

My other suggestions could be:

SMT 21 - Detox Remixes
SMT 38 - What You Need Remixes
SMT 41 - Stop The Rush Remixes
SMT 46 - The One Last One & We Aren't Robots Remixes
SMT 56 - One Million 909 Kick Drums Remixes

the_psychologist
26-02-2007, 07:24 AM
Yeah, the only weak Smittens are mostly in the early teens (ie 'Circog', 'Acilod'). The label basically started good, had a little dip, returned to and stayed good, then ended with a little dip.

The late teens/20s are pretty massive.

I always thought "The Beast" on #20 could use a better kickdrum.

the_psychologist
26-02-2007, 07:26 AM
well some of us have moved forward..

and.. yer ma :briggin: :laughing:

One of da best Smittens ever, if not THE best.

tesora
26-02-2007, 02:31 PM
effective therapy
or
what u waitin´ for

T_T
26-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Smitten 45 - Punk Floyd - Comfortably Dumb

conor256
27-02-2007, 12:12 PM

this mate is a tune and a half....... i still play it out pretty regularly....

i was thinking the ddr tune madness could do with a remix....... the sample sounds good, but the tune cld do with a livening up imo.....
is the sample from fear and loathing???

APC
04-03-2007, 01:48 PM

i was thinking the ddr tune madness could do with a remix....... the sample sounds good, but the tune cld do with a livening up imo.....

Madness has already been remixed:

http://www.discogs.com/release/22901

Good tune though!!!

I reckon One Last One is ****ing amazing and I can't help but be curious as to how a remix could sound!

pat_mcgerkin
10-03-2007, 04:12 AM
The Gift Remix is up on the SUF website, guess that'll be next.
It's not bad, but like most of the Smitten is Dead remixes, it's nowhere near as good as the original, IMO :(

Little_Fella!
11-03-2007, 12:09 AM

Aw man...

Sooooooo glad someone mentioned SRX8...:cool: :cool:

The AA Igor Farenhieght side is the epitomy of the strength that an acid techno tune can deliver...

I for a good while I would play it last in my set, not only to go out with a ****ing big bang, but to jump around like a maniac n let all that energy flow...:dance:

Yes, the lyrics are taken from Fear and Loathing'... ridiculously good tune...:exclaim: :exclaim:

Little_Fella!
11-03-2007, 12:21 AM

Yep Yep....

Likey... Also on SRX4, alongside the classic remix of 'We Are Punk'...

http://www.discogs.com/search?type=all&q=Punk+Floyd+SRX4

Is the AA Track2 'Can't Breath'... which I played in a normal club as a last tune for mi ex's birthday bash n got the classic line from the next guy coming on, 'How the ***k am I gonna follow that???'...:cheese: heh

Blindin' tune....:exclaim:

Little_Fella!
11-03-2007, 03:05 AM
When I heard that Smitten was shutting up shop, the first time, I went straight down to Access All Areas as they seemed to have the bigger back catalogue at the time..(not sure if that was true)

I already had a few Smittens so was keen not to miss out on any that I would have wanted for mi collection likes...:icon_arrow:

Sifted through what they had n wound up spending over £100, which shows what a consistent label it was...:cool:

Twas when Jerome was behind the counter there... He's set up in Stoke Newington now eh- keep meanin to pop in n have a nosey...

278d7e64a374de26f==