PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Reject lille protest

nick_anarchy
24-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Uefa has rejected Lille's protest against Ryan Giggs' goal from a quickly-taken free-kick in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday.

The French club argued that referee Eric Braamhaar had made a 'technical error' in allowing Giggs to take the free-kick without blowing his whistle.

Lille had hoped to get the original result annulled and have the game replayed.

Uefa's Control and Disciplinary Body met to discuss Lille's complaint on Friday, but found no proof of an error by the official.

Lille have until midnight on Monday to appeal the decision.

"Having examined the official referee's report, the television evidence at hand as well as the Laws of the Game, the Uefa Control and Disciplinary Body decided to reject the protest, as there was no proof of a technical error," a statement on Uefa's website read.

"As a result, the body declared that the goal was perfectly valid."

Giggs' goal turned out to be the winner in the first-leg of the first knockout round match in France and led to fury among Lille's players and officials.

Uefa has decided to open proceedings against Lille to investigate the actions of their players following the goal.

The statement continued: "Furthermore, the Control and Disciplinary Body decided to instigate proceedings against Lille for the improper behaviour of their players immediately after the goal."

The Control and Disciplinary Body will meet on March 22 to discuss the incident as well as possible safety and security violations by Lille and alleged improper conduct by both sets of fans.

nick_anarchy
24-02-2007, 08:56 AM
sad french bastards

DJsmallpaul
24-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Cheating mancs :laughing:

dan the acid man
24-02-2007, 03:40 PM
no surprise there, would have been stupid if uefa agreed with them

Numeric
24-02-2007, 04:47 PM
yeah the goal was perfectly valid, quick thinkin from the veteran Giggs...

:ruparanoid:

Insomnia
24-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Sour grapes! :briggin:

nick_anarchy
24-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Cheating mancs :laughing:

haha bollox .. please inform me on how we cheated ? or even better post the letter of the football laws down sayin where we cheated and then i will hold my hands up and say yes we cheated , giggs goal shouldnt of stood .. hey if u did that u could write to the F.A & Uafa and do it all for lille im sure they would be interested haha

LittleMinx
25-02-2007, 05:59 PM
We never cheated :cool:

nick_anarchy
25-02-2007, 06:00 PM
We never cheated :cool:

init .. but im sure every anti utd fan thinks different ;)

LittleMinx
25-02-2007, 06:02 PM
init .. but im sure every anti utd fan thinks different ;)

Jealousy mate cos were on a winner!!! Cos there football teams are SHITE!! always the same :chute:

DJsmallpaul
25-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Yea i'm only taking the piss :;

nick_anarchy
25-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Jealousy mate cos were on a winner!!! Cos there football teams are SHITE!! always the same :chute:

haha yep must be

278d7e64a374de26f==