PDA

View Full Version : Acid techno dj set database

Barnz
24-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Who here would like to see an Acid Techno dj mix database?

The database is searchable and displayed to you through a user interface. The reason I am asking is because I have already developed a feature like this on my website. The feature is ran as a Web Service, meaning any website can plug into its interface and use the functionality it offers.

I have also created a ready made PHP client program that people can install on their websites, including this one. The client program on this website can be configured to only search the "Techno" category etc.

Basically no database is needed on this website, as data is streamed directly from my website on request. The database already has some Techno mixes in it. But I feel having the feature installed on this website would mean more Techno mixes being submitted by people.

There is no cache, you simply upload the PHP script to your web server, change the template to match your websites design and feel. And away you go, your users can search and submit mixes to and from the database hosted on my web server. There is no link to my website, and your users never have to leave this website to use the functionality, basically your users will not know that the service is being provided my website, it will look exactly like a feature on your website and leave no trace to my website.

Barnz
24-02-2007, 03:44 PM
I would also just like to point out I have been trying to get other websites "mainly trance based" involved in this idea for a while now, and I have only been met with suspicion and ignorance. So cmon people I say we install the feature on here. I am not trying to sponge your website traffic, as like I say it leaves no trace to my website. I am simply trying to build a better database of mixes, searchable by anybody across any website or platform (including desktop apps). Anybody can build their own application that plugs into its interface.

You will never know unless you try, its completely free. All it will cost is a small amount of time to upload the script to your web server. If you do not have time to customise to match your websites design I can do it for you, no probs.

Barnz
24-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Also on an unrelated topic, do any of you use Blogger by any chance?

xes
25-02-2007, 05:38 PM
I think it sounds like a great idea. I'm a bit of a set collector (about 250-300 acid techno sets),so anything that'd bring me more acid techno would be welcome.

maybe you'd be better off starting this thread in the feedback forum down at the bottom of the forum list. Might get more appropriate responses in there.

Barnz
25-02-2007, 06:29 PM
I think it sounds like a great idea. I'm a bit of a set collector (about 250-300 acid techno sets),so anything that'd bring me more acid techno would be welcome.

maybe you'd be better off starting this thread in the feedback forum down at the bottom of the forum list. Might get more appropriate responses in there.

Hey thanks!

I have been sitting watching this thread night and day, its like 28 views and no replies!

I will try putting this in the feedback section.

conor256
26-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Hey thanks!

I have been sitting watching this thread night and day, its like 28 views and no replies!

I will try putting this in the feedback section.

maybe the reason you have not had so many replies mate is because your suggestion is only really geared towards someone involved in running the blackoutaudio forum or else someone who runs a website/forum of their own.....
i think it would be great to have more access to acid techno sets online myself ......

Barnz
28-02-2007, 02:00 AM
maybe the reason you have not had so many replies mate is because your suggestion is only really geared towards someone involved in running the blackoutaudio forum or else someone who runs a website/forum of their own.....
i think it would be great to have more access to acid techno sets online myself ......

Hey thanks, would you be interested in installing it on your website?

conor256
28-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey thanks, would you be interested in installing it on your website?

have you seen the state of our website???/ he he........

the guy from our crew who was doing the website gave up..... and the rest of us dinosaurs can just about check our emails.... he he

however, there are plans afoot to get the website resurrected/completed over the coming months and sure i'll mention it to the guys and get back to you.....

cheers

278d7e64a374de26f==