PDA

View Full Version : Ledley King career over?

djfase
27-02-2007, 10:12 PM
An email i received tonight read like this

To cut to the chase, the rumour is that Ledley King is crocked.

That his current injury is part of more serious career threatening issue and that his days as a professional player are numbered.

I first heard this rumour last time he was injured, but the source was entirely dubious and I duly ignored it.

Then yesterday the Spurs Odyssey ran a thread on it's members forum from a fan calling himself "genie" claiming that he had been told in the Director's Box that...

"Led's retirement from soccer will be announced in a fortnight."

There then followed numerous posts of a general angst and 'ban him' nature.
However, what makes the story interesting is that Paul Smith, the owner of Odyssey then posted the following....

"I'd prefer the Ledley story to be kept quiet, but expect it will spread.

I have heard from a source close to his mother some weeks ago that he had been advised he ought to pack up."

As some of you may recall, I had Mr Smith on here spelling out in some detail how far up the THFC food chain he felt he was only recently...

So, dear reader, is this alleged disaster in any respect true???

Seems very dodgy as the lad plays one game and then is injured again.

lukekendall
28-02-2007, 07:57 AM
I hope this aint true, Leds is one hell of a player for us and our team captain and without him we really have been poor in defence this season!!

he is our best player!! it will be a big blow to lose him copmpletly for spurs and for England aswell

french_og
28-02-2007, 08:49 AM
I would like him in pushing for an England place as he is by far the quickest out of our centre backs and has always played well for England when he has got his chance. Luckily we are blessed in that position for players England.

Insomnia
28-02-2007, 09:05 AM
A real good player and has been on great form latelty, would be a big loss to the game...

basslinejunkie
28-02-2007, 09:17 AM
be a shame if he was croked,class player

djfase
31-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Seems this is now looking true.

Very sad. Quality player

xes
31-03-2007, 07:49 PM
I heard this a few weeks back,didn't want to beleive that it was true,cos he's a solid player. Looks like it is. ((((Ledders)))) ((((Ledders career))))

Richierush
01-04-2007, 01:45 AM
yeah very sad for him i can imagine him being the age he is to be so gutted,i was hoping for him to be as big as sol was for england a very similar sorta strong player :whoops:

xes
01-04-2007, 07:38 PM
and now in the spews of the world this morning,they say he'll be back in 2 weeks!!

Richierush
01-04-2007, 08:07 PM
:laughing: farce :laughing:

xes
01-04-2007, 09:44 PM
in all seriousness though,he's got 2 bruised metertarsel thingamies in his foot. I'm not a quack but that doesn't sound like a career ending injury.

I guess only time will tell. (just read somewhere else that he's looking at coming back for the chavski game lol)

Richierush
02-04-2007, 04:26 PM
bruised? he play next match then haha,must be 2 broken mets,i had 1 an it took me 2and a half months to get back to work

Richierush
02-04-2007, 04:27 PM
how longs he been out for so far?

xes
12-04-2007, 07:50 PM
He's starting against Seville!! (f*ck me,then sun had a good lead!!)

278d7e64a374de26f==