PDA

View Full Version : Mark EG plays Gabba now?

01-03-2007, 09:47 PM
I randomly came across some clips on youtube from Mark EG shows and both that I saw featured him playing gabba or as its called now "Hard style". Weird bc I thought he was a techno guy... HENCE THIS MSG BOARD!

I don't get it.

loopdon
01-03-2007, 10:11 PM
He's versatile and open to a lot of styles.

MARK ANXIOUS
01-03-2007, 10:26 PM
well i don't play gabba, although i used to play bits of it in like 93-95 from Industrial Strength/PCP/Mokum etc.

i've always been into lots of different types of music. techno is by far my favourite, but i think it got to the stage where i was just sick of clearing dancefloors in the uk with it in like 92/93 at the big uk raves. so started playing hard trance at alot of those type of gigs and then that's developed into hardstyle.

i actually love the way you can get booked at a hard dance or hardcore event, play a more acceptable form of music the first few times and then hit them with techno and take a load of ppl with you. it's that real crossover thing that interests me alot in music....

:rockin:

DJCraig Ryan
01-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Yeah you are not dreaming, Mark EG loves his hard trance just as much as his tech.

Numeric
01-03-2007, 11:58 PM
i used to love them old Mark EG hard-trance sets from Skelter in the mid ninties...

02-03-2007, 01:32 AM
well i don't play gabba, although i used to play bits of it in like 93-95 from Industrial Strength/PCP/Mokum etc.

i've always been into lots of different types of music. techno is by far my favourite, but i think it got to the stage where i was just sick of clearing dancefloors in the uk with it in like 92/93 at the big uk raves. so started playing hard trance at alot of those type of gigs and then that's developed into hardstyle.

i actually love the way you can get booked at a hard dance or hardcore event, play a more acceptable form of music the first few times and then hit them with techno and take a load of ppl with you. it's that real crossover thing that interests me alot in music....

Ahh! Good reply!

Your laser guy is scary as hell btw:
http://start.prodj.com/viewtopic.php?t=39268

Granted I provoked him but man, these club laser people are scary as hell. They just love to shoot the beams right into peoples faces. Lasers even say right on the units that they produce laser radiation and should not be looked directly into, yet time after time these laser techs shoot them right into the punters faces! They did that here in America too even though its illegal to do that here.

The Overfiend
02-03-2007, 04:31 AM
Mark E.G. is the bald guy from the Barbie Girl video.
He is just too humble to admit it.

Mucky Beats
02-03-2007, 11:14 AM
i remember reading an inerview with mark form years ago that said about clearing dance floors to techno at skelter and changed his style and rammed the floors agian, but used the hard trance as a way to get um stomping then slip in the techno by the end of the set have um stomping to techno... now thats wicked i reckon! Mark is well know world for techno and hard trance (hardstlye) by many times 2 diffrent groups... some times events with 2 rooms and amost 2 diffrent crowds techno and hardstyle mark can go there and rock both crowds ... how many djs are able to do this ??

Paul Zykotik
02-03-2007, 11:31 AM
I randomly came across some clips on youtube from Mark EG shows and both that I saw featured him playing gabba or as its called now "Hard style". Weird bc I thought he was a techno guy... HENCE THIS MSG BOARD!

I don't get it.

What I don't get is how you confused gabba and hardstyle? They're very different things...

Do you play techno at the hardcore events you get booked at now? I used to see your sets at Slammin back in 01/02 and was gagging for you to bang some out :)

TechMouse
02-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Mark E.G. is the bald guy from the Barbie Girl video.
He is just too humble to admit it.
:laughing:

Esox Lucius
02-03-2007, 02:59 PM
i've got an old tape from hysteria i think where he was playing proper hardcore techno.

Numeric
02-03-2007, 10:36 PM
i've got an old tape from hysteria i think where he was playing proper hardcore techno.

yeah the set Mark posted in the Techno Files section a short while ago was proper hardcore techno from around '93, a good mix with some true classics...

03-03-2007, 09:30 AM
yeah the set Mark posted in the Techno Files section a short while ago was proper hardcore techno from around '93, a good mix with some true classics...

Ohh thats my sound! I want to hear it, can someone put it back up?

As for gabba and hardstyle, its the same thing to me except hardstyle is slower. It also seems that goa trance was recently renamed to freeform which is just as strange.

theledge
03-03-2007, 12:39 PM
It also seems that goa trance was recently renamed to freeform which is just as strange.

:laughing: :laughing:

its funny cos its true

Dave Elyzium
03-03-2007, 01:35 PM
It also seems that goa trance was recently renamed to freeform which is just as strange.

wtf????

Ian R
03-03-2007, 07:57 PM
goa trance was recently renamed to freeform

Really?! I've not heard that before!
They couldn't be more different!

278d7e64a374de26f==