PDA

View Full Version : Rino Cerrone

Col
01-11-2003, 11:28 AM
man! does this guy know how to carve out a groove. lovin this guys work at the mo.

anyone?

The Overfiend
01-11-2003, 10:26 PM
I BEG to differ.

Col
01-11-2003, 11:34 PM
not a fan then antonio? :lol: why?

Sunil
01-11-2003, 11:41 PM
yeah, he can be pretty good at getting a groove on. Check "Optical Way" on Relentless, it's probably the best thing he's done.

The Overfiend
02-11-2003, 01:18 AM
There was one rilis I liked with really high pitched strings or synths onnit.
Other than that he's a good dj. But I'm not too deep into the Italy sound.

tekboi
02-11-2003, 02:26 AM
He definately has the potential of creating I reckon the BEST grooves BUT its a pitty his kick is too punchy and that is his downfall in his productions. If thickened up his production alongside those IMMACULATE grooves **** he would have awesome stuff. Has still had some awesome releases, I have about 3 releases from him, RILIS 8 was cool as, an awesome DJ aswell, would love to see him come to Australia.

Mattias Fridell (emb)
02-11-2003, 03:58 PM
I am sorry to say but i really hate his music BUT he is a ****ing good dj, i will always remember his set on Mankind III, the best dj-act I have ever heard!

davethedrummer
02-11-2003, 04:40 PM
excellent dj , i played with him in naples and actuaslly being in italy with quite a glamourous italian crowd makes the music make sense if you get my drift.
really good at the 3 deck thing very impressive.
nice geezer too.

yeswehavetheright
03-11-2003, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I guess you either dig the Naples sound or you don't. It is very distinctive though. Would love to see Rino DJing over in the UK, any Leeds promotors wanna bring him over??
Anyone know what Danilo Vigorito is like as a DJ?

Esox Lucius
03-11-2003, 12:17 PM
I'm not into the naples sound at all, I dont really him as a producer either.

not heard him DJ so cant comment.

Angrymann
03-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Rino Cerrone is one of the best dj's i have seen. I had a few of his records but didn't feel they were tough enough , so when I went to see him expected his dj'ing sound to be very similar and it wasn't. He made no mistakes and never once did I stop dancing. I have been trying to get folk to book him cause he is immense and has a good presence behind the decks cause he looks hard as nails.

You may not like his productions but you have to admit that they are very well put together. If you don't like his tunes on their own chuck them in the mix with something a bit tougher and you may change your mind. I think records like his comeplement harder mixes but may bore folk if you played his tunes one after the other.

So to sum up I think Rino Cerrone is top notch.

As for Dainel Vigorito , I don't like his stuff and I would say his stuff is more along the lines of the "Italian" sound than Rino's , Rino's has a much tougher edge to it.

yeswehavetheright
03-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Never seen the guy (Rino) DJ, but have a mix of his from the Old River and it's pretty much italian tech house all the way - I guess what I would expect from him or the other Naples producers.

Angrymann
03-11-2003, 03:44 PM
Fair point man , everyone's got to have their style though. When I saw him it was fairly hard , nothing that would make your ears bleed or lie spasming on the floor or anything but he was good.

Did you think he mixed well though , even though you don't like that particular sound.

yeswehavetheright
03-11-2003, 05:54 PM
It's not a bad really, long lingering mixes, nice tracks (if you're into Naples!), a few little slip ups but nowt to worry about for a live mix. I think it's 2-3 years old now mind. If you want a copy PM me.

The Overfiend
03-11-2003, 05:55 PM
the set aat Teqnology is way better

yeswehavetheright
03-11-2003, 06:00 PM
Oh yeah, I do really love the Naples sound by the way!!

Dustin Zahn
04-11-2003, 12:46 AM
Some of Rino's stuff is really impressive...some is slightly bland. His low end on some of his records is down right impressive! The non four on the floor tracks on Rilis 7 got me going as well. I noticed on some recordings theres a hint of distortion or clipping. I want to think its almost intentional, but part of me thinks its laziness!? Why refine everything and then let it clip? Regardless, I think some of it is okay, but to be honest where I am living now the italian craze is over and this stuff doesn't sell too well now.

benn
04-11-2003, 07:11 PM
For me, his music is one of the main reasons why I keep buying techno and dj'ing. Very very tight and clean sounds, just like I want it. And hell of a groove of course. There aren't many better things than listening Rino or other Naples sound on a loud club PA. Doesn't work so well in warehouse parties but in a club, makes my socks roll in my feet. As a dj he's the best (with Ben Sims), saw him at Mankind III. (Who replied to this thread and were at Mankind too, do you know if there are videos available somewhere?) His mixing was really good on 3 decks and used effects with very creative way.

And of Vigorito, haven't heard his sets live but only heard recorded sets as mp3 and they are very good too with awesome selection. I would love to hear him spinning also... maybe one day.

My recordbag loves Rino's and Danilo's records so much that it never leaves anywhere without a couple of them ;)

justin schumacher
04-11-2003, 09:09 PM
his stuff is more miss than hit

but when it hits, its slammin

check these releases:
massive compressed ep on phont (very hypnotic loopy tools)

reset ep on saw , yes saw (more hypnotic stuff but with more song structure)

and the new ep on rilis, 3.5 i think

everything else is that boring as hell formulatic neopolitan sound

Angrymann
05-11-2003, 01:16 PM
All techno's formulaic though would you not say. That's why we can mix it all together.

krakp0t
06-11-2003, 12:41 AM
danilo vigorito played here the other night and was excellent.

rino cerrone f*ckin bangs it as both dj and producer.

278d7e64a374de26f==