PDA

View Full Version : Dave The Drummer In Melbourne!!!

PunK
03-03-2007, 02:28 AM
i know SOME fellow melbourne/ aussies get on here.... so in case the ones that do DONT know..... we have finally got henry coming to melbourne, from a silly suggestion one sunday afternoon we have managed to get him here (HUGE HUGE HUGE THANKS TO COLLETTE HERE!!!), so here are the details if fellow aussie dont know!)

VENUE: geedes lane

DATE: april 6th (good friday)

COST: $35 presale, more on the door

KICK OFF: 10pm

LINE UP:
Dave the Drummer
scott alien
syndrome (live)
sidewinder
DVS v Neocortex

............. and for those in sydney, check out the swarm webpage:
http://www.trip2space.com/

anode
04-03-2007, 10:52 AM
pitty about the price...i saw 3 well known Internationals on the weekend {dj and live sets) for $15!

lunatrick
06-03-2007, 01:24 PM
recently relocated to melbourne and played alongside him quite a few times in Cardiff (my home town) so will be there!

lunatrick
06-03-2007, 01:25 PM
repost!

cntrl
05-05-2007, 03:42 PM
pitty about the price...i saw 3 well known Internationals on the weekend {dj and live sets) for $15!

i hope you put all your money in your piggybank and stayed at home then

PunK
06-05-2007, 06:22 AM
photos can be found @:

www.myspace.com/teknomulisha

Aratron
06-05-2007, 10:33 AM
yawn

dave the drummer is history

he sold out on acid techno years ago

rhythmtech
06-05-2007, 10:54 AM
yawn

dave the drummer is history

he sold out on acid techno years ago

bit of an odd statement since he still releases acid records whenever he appears on suf etc

he never ran an acid label.. so when he started hydro and apex they were totally new. and he's kept the same ethos for both labels since day one, so that cant be called selling out.

so how did you come to this conclusion mr. angry man :briggin: :laughing:

Aratron
06-05-2007, 11:10 AM
bit of an odd statement since he still releases acid records whenever he appears on suf etc

he never ran an acid label.. so when he started hydro and apex they were totally new. and he's kept the same ethos for both labels since day one, so that cant be called selling out.

so how did you come to this conclusion mr. angry man :briggin: :laughing:

yeah henry made a great tune on suf recently jack me

and most of fav acid techno is by him

but actually reading what henry says these days and the direction he is going in he has moved into different stlyes of music which he finds more commercially successful rather like chris lib, which is fair does.

i d also say same about rowland the bastard.

and even immersion these days.

i think geezer and ant are probably only old skool artists imo producing stuff i like these days althought he recent pounding grooves by immersion have been topdrawer

06-05-2007, 11:16 AM

i always wonder when i see comments like this ... and especially when it is saying by people who have a job and earn $$$ (i don't knw if you are working btw).

Aratron
06-05-2007, 11:18 AM
i always wonder when i see comments like this ... and especially when it is saying by people who have a job and earn $$$ (i don't knw if you are working btw).

15 dollars is nothing is it

rhythmtech
06-05-2007, 11:21 AM
yeah henry made a great tune on suf recently jack me

and most of fav acid techno is by him

but actually reading what henry says these days and the direction he is going in he has moved into different stlyes of music which he finds more commercially successful rather like chris lib, which is fair does.

i d also say same about rowland the bastard.

and even immersion these days.

i think geezer and ant are probably only old skool artists imo producing stuff i like these days althought he recent pounding grooves by immersion have been topdrawer

but chris lib has played some commercial tunes thru the years!! i even remember him dropping born slippy a few years back

and what about chris and henry's "ha-lo" project on eukatech? that ventured into funky tech-house territory.. and that happened at the time when acid was HUGE.

just because a producer branches into differant territories it doesnt mean that they're selling out.

if henry made nothing but acid techno he'd be getting abuse for it. you really cant win these days :laughing:

Aratron
06-05-2007, 11:24 AM
but chris lib has played some commercial tunes thru the years!! i even remember him dropping born slippy a few years back

and what about chris and henry's "ha-lo" project on eukatech? that ventured into funky tech-house territory.. and that happened at the time when acid was HUGE.

just because a producer branches into differant territories it doesnt mean that they're selling out.

if henry made nothing but acid techno he'd be getting abuse for it. you really cant win these days :laughing:

seen

pat_mcgerkin
08-05-2007, 02:32 AM
He played a couple of acid tunes, his mixing was first class and I, as well as everyone else I spoke to, had a great night at this gig. Who gives a **** what he produces other than acid?

A. Show me one acid producer who doesn't produce/play other sounds.

B. He still churns out the best acid tunes of the lot, IMO

278d7e64a374de26f==