PDA

View Full Version : Digital Village take the ****ing piss

Barely Human
07-03-2007, 06:32 PM
I have been waiting for my pair of ADAM A7's since the 10th of Feb, ive contacted them many times. and i keep getting the same email back but with different dates about when thier supplier will have them. It reads like this -

]Dear Alex,

Many thanks once again, for your order.

Unfortunately the latest information that we have from our supplier, is that the two, Adam A7 Active Nearfield Monitors are due to arrive here around the 09/03/07.

(Please note that this is only an estimated time of arrival to our warehouse).

Please accept our sincere apologies for this delay, and be assured that we are doing everything that we can to get this product out to all our customers as quickly as possible.

However, as we do not retain your card details when you place your order, our system automatically debits your credit/debit card. Therefore, as your goods are not expected to arrive with us within 7 days, you have 3 options:-

Option 1

Obviously we are very happy for you to leave your order in place and we will dispatch the goods to you as soon as they arrive with us. (We will send you a shipment email on the day of dispatch. Please expect a UPS delivery between 9am & 5pm on the day following the shipment date (weekdays only). )

Option 2

You can leave the order in place; we can refund your card and then contact you again when the goods arrive. At this point we would have to manually re-process the payment by telephone.

Option 3

We will of course if you so wish, cancel your order completely, refund your card and sincerely hope that we can be of service to you again in the future.

Should you choose either Option 1 or 2; we will continue to monitor your order and keep you advised of any changes to the Estimated Time of Arrival.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Kind regards

Internet Customer Services

Digital Village

So i have just emailed em back with this -

Dear Digital Village

Many thanks once again, for you’re seemingly automated and un-comprehensive response.

Unfortunately the latest information that you have supplied me still leaves me in the dark about when, (if ever), I will receive my order. Apparently the latest information from your supplier is that the two, Adam A7 Active Nearfield Monitors are due to arrive here around the 09/03/07. But this has also been many different date’s in the past.

(Please note that this is only an estimated time of arrival to your warehouse, and subsequently I am looking forward to your next impersonal response stating that this date has changed again).

I will accept your sincere apologies for this delay, and be assured that you are doing everything that we can to get this product out to all or your customers as quickly as possible as long as I can be assured from a personal email or phone call stating the exact reasons why your suppliers are being so unreliable with their information.

However, as I have a pair of monitors in my studio with blown tweaters, I can still work on projects as long as I want them to make people deaf and possibly give them tinitus. Therefore, as my goods are not expected to arrive with you within 7 days, I have 3 options:-

Option 1

Obviously I can keep the order in place with you, and hope that one day, (Hopefully before the next world war), I will receive my pair of ADAM A7’s, which must be more valuable than platinum at the moment, at some point in the future. Or at least receive some solid information that I can trust.

Option 2

I can leave the order in place, but get a refund from you, and then when Arnold Schwarzenegger is president, you can contact me via telepathy and I can tell you that speakers no longer exist.

Option 3

I can completely cancel my order with you and never deal with you again.

I am undecided which option to choose at the moment, so I’m afraid I can only make my mind up when I get a decent reply from you.

Assuring you that I really want these monitors,

Kind regards

Alex Lett

The broken tweater man

I wonder what their reply will be...

RDR
07-03-2007, 06:52 PM
its one of my pet hates too alex...

suppliers that lie about their stock

HTFR and Turnkey are famous for this.

I dont deal with them anymore. EVER.

Funny reply though mate.. nice one!

loopdon
07-03-2007, 07:24 PM
http://www.thomann.de/gb/index.html

sorted.

dan the acid man
07-03-2007, 07:37 PM
nice reply :laughing:

dirty_bass
07-03-2007, 08:16 PM
DV are normally very good.
I`d suggest phoning them rather than email.

fitzoyo
08-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Ive had similar sorts of problems with turnkey. They gave me £20 compensation when i made an offical complaint which isnt much but better than a kick in the teeth.

Barely Human
08-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Well, latest developement. UPS tried to deliver them today. I got an email back from DV saying they had been shipped. So on the 7th, they shipped them out to me and then sent me an email saying they still havent got them in stock. Bunch of idiots.

TechMouse
08-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Well, latest developement. UPS tried to deliver them today. I got an email back from DV saying they had been shipped. So on the 7th, they shipped them out to me and then sent me an email saying they still havent got them in stock. Bunch of idiots.
If they think they haven't shipped them, try and get a refund!

MARK ANXIOUS
09-03-2007, 02:47 PM
i always say in situations like this - pick up the phone!

look, i know it's old school and a pian up the ass, but it actually gets resuts. tell you what get's serious results too - a fax on company header paper. that's just so old school that ppl simply HAVE to deal with it.

good luck man. let us know the outcome eh./..

dirty_bass
09-03-2007, 07:02 PM
i always say in situations like this - pick up the phone!

look, i know it's old school and a pian up the ass, but it actually gets resuts. tell you what get's serious results too - a fax on company header paper. that's just so old school that ppl simply HAVE to deal with it.

good luck man. let us know the outcome eh./..

I spat my coffee at that comment.
hehe
fax`s man, now that`s old school.

Barely Human
09-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Hahahaha, just for the record, i did phone em about 3 times, and i got exactly the same answer. Ah well, got em now so im a happy bunny.

Basil Rush
09-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Talk to my friends at KMR, www.kmraudio.com. Bloody lovely the lot of 'em :) They even do a good cup of tea if you turn up at the right moment.

278d7e64a374de26f==