PDA

View Full Version : Got My ADAM A7's Today!

Barely Human
09-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Well, finally, they have arrived. Got them set up and ive been referencing stuff to see how they rack up.

I cant believe how well these monitors sound. When i first put them on, it seamed liked they were really lacking in the sub bass region, but after listeing for a while, i realise this was because of my ears being used to Alesis M1's. The bass is there, its just not forced on you in any way. Same with everything else, and i can really easilly pin point stuff that was a bit of a struggle before.

These speakers really excell in the mid and high range, ive used a few high end nearfeilds, and the best i have previously heard for mid and high range reproduction are the Genelec 1030a's, which are well out of these speakers price range, but i think these are as good, if not better for thier detail and stereo imaging.

From my first impressions i am really impressed with these monitors, and for the price they really are a bargain. They dont seam to impose anything on you, and they seam very acurate at low levels, (which is good because my hearing was getting ****ed from high level monitoring).

I would urge anyone thinking about getting some new nearfeilds to check these out.

Im yet to do a mix on them yet, so i will give an update in a week or so when ive had a good play with them.

dirty_bass
09-03-2007, 07:00 PM
I agree with you mate.
I`ve been advising people to get these for a little while now.
I think when my coffers are full, I`ll be making a purchase too.

herman
09-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Can't speak about the A7's as I haven't had the chance to use them but spent a day on P33A's a couple of weeks ago and they are out of this world obviously a bit more pricey but if your in that market for Monitors these are the best I have heard for the money by a long shot. If the A7's are even near the same ballpark you must be very happy indeed :)

audioinjection
12-03-2007, 11:29 PM
good to know iq, been thinking about getting those a7's, might have to take a crack at it!

Barely Human
12-03-2007, 11:42 PM
good to know iq, been thinking about getting those a7's, might have to take a crack at it!

I would go and demo them if ya can mate, they are certainly a different kettle of fish than im used to. They have next to no boom at all, which is kind of off putting at first until you realise that you can still hear the bass, and its being represented more acurately. Very very pleased with these speakers so far...

dirty_bass
13-03-2007, 08:05 AM
I would go and demo them if ya can mate, they are certainly a different kettle of fish than im used to. They have next to no boom at all, which is kind of off putting at first until you realise that you can still hear the bass, and its being represented more acurately. Very very pleased with these speakers so far...

proper monitors.
In this situation, when you can hear the bass clearly, then it`s right. It doesn`t need to boom.

278d7e64a374de26f==