PDA

View Full Version : new experimental label - Plan B

rhythmtech
09-03-2007, 06:27 PM
hi all..

in addition to damaged trax we have also got a new experimantal label starting up.

the label "Plan B" will be covering the harder edge of minimal, electro, electro house & experimental stuff. We will be releasing on vinyl & digital with distro already in place.

lined up for release so far are calvatron (alex calver), jay pace and a few others.

again please pm me here for an address to send all demo material

acidguru
09-03-2007, 06:46 PM
hi all..

in addition to damaged trax we have also got a new experimantal label starting up.

the label "Plan B" will be covering the harder edge of minimal, electro, electro house & experimental stuff. We will be releasing on vinyl & digital with distro already in place.

lined up for release so far are calvatron (alex calver), jay pace and a few others.

again please pm me here for an address to send all demo materialSounds good,definitely gonna watch out for that!Great new promo of yours btw

dan the acid man
09-03-2007, 08:52 PM
sounds like it could be good

fac
09-03-2007, 09:24 PM
experimental? :laughing:

rhythmtech
09-03-2007, 09:45 PM
experimental? :laughing:

and just when you think its all good up pops the sh*t

please tell us all once and for all what it is that you've actually achieved to make you such a fountain of knowledge? a sort of dali lahma of techno...

please, i'd love to know..

if the answer is "nothing" then please shut it. cause i relly couldnt be ineterested in the opinions of closed minded people who shout a lot but have nothing to back it up.

fac
09-03-2007, 10:07 PM
no need to get rude. just had a little conversation with a mate today that nearly everybody is calling their stuff experimental (look at the "wonky" scene for example) nowadays. and then i saw your thread and... had to laugh. come on, do you really want to do experimental like gantz graf for example? experimental has become a ****in buzzword like minimal, schranz, wonky, what ****in ever is. so whats the deal with this word? is it some pseudo-intellectual shit like "look we're doing some highbrow sound for clever people. we dont want them to dance."?

i'm not dissing your new label and the sound youre going to release (which would be quite stupid cause i havent heard one single track). i just find it funny to read the word experimental again. good luck with your label.

rhythmtech
09-03-2007, 10:11 PM
well im sorry if i took you up wrong but have a read of it and see how it looks..

the experimental tag is just one of the many styles we'll be covering.. basically anything that sits below 135 and is 100% mainroom dancefloor orientated.. and the experimental thing interests me.. i never said avant garde but there are producers out there that are definitly pushing the boat out..

1 in perticular from here is rorystjohn.

rhythmtech
09-03-2007, 10:13 PM

who else would bring their grandfather into a studio to make techno :cheese: :laughing:

he's done it!

The Overfiend
09-03-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm bringing Fac's mom into the studio with me.
Intent was to make a minimal record, instead I got a Punish interlude.

rhythmtech
09-03-2007, 10:21 PM
ahhh you shoulda brought FAC himself.. you coulda came up with the next midnight club tracks

The Overfiend
09-03-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm not sure the guys kinda ecclectic might be some right said fred meets luke slater stuff as a result

fac
09-03-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm bringing Fac's mom into the studio with me.
Intent was to make a minimal record, instead I got a Punish interlude.why am i not surprised that you make a mum joke?

rhythmtech
09-03-2007, 10:23 PM
if i was you i'd gorget about makin the tunes and just get all latin love god on his ass...

fac
09-03-2007, 10:24 PM
ahhh you shoulda brought FAC himself.. you coulda came up with the next midnight club tracksone night in nyc...

rhythmtech
09-03-2007, 10:24 PM
why am i not surprised that you make a mum joke?

cause you know everything?

fac
09-03-2007, 10:28 PM
are you 15 years old? no? then dont act like a teenager.

rhythmtech
09-03-2007, 10:30 PM
:briggin: :laughing: :laughing:

the pressure gettin to you? normally you've got a better comeback than that?

The Overfiend
09-03-2007, 10:50 PM
The next answer is looking like,
I know you are but what am I.

http://boifromtroy.com/archives/pee-wee-herman.jpg

xfive
09-03-2007, 11:53 PM
Dude I think you're copyright infringing.

http://www.nyu.edu/socialwork/ip/news/archives/ma.jpg

:laughing:

The Overfiend
09-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Hahahahahahaha aahahahaha

dan the acid man
10-03-2007, 12:22 PM
can we get back on topic guys thanks :)

distek
10-03-2007, 12:38 PM
sounds like a plan! b!! hehe nah m8, good luck with this, it sounds right up bryn's (triple b) street, ill get him to get a cd to you..

rhythmtech
10-03-2007, 04:50 PM
nice one wayne :)

dirty_bass
10-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Dude I think you're copyright infringing.

http://www.nyu.edu/socialwork/ip/news/archives/ma.jpg

:laughing:

Coffee spat, leg burned, still funny.
hahahahahahaha

loopdon
10-03-2007, 08:45 PM
I wish you all the best, Barry.

And i might just send something over soonish.

rhythmtech
10-03-2007, 08:51 PM
lookin forward to it :)

rhythmtech
10-03-2007, 08:53 PM
basically anything that sits below 135 and is 100% mainroom dancefloor orientated.. .

that shoulda read is NOT 100% mainroom :whoops:

conflict
10-03-2007, 08:57 PM
bet its gonna be shit lol

rhythmtech
10-03-2007, 10:08 PM
probably

fatcollective
10-03-2007, 11:41 PM
bet its gonna be shit lol

ya geek!!

Roxy Trip
11-03-2007, 02:36 PM
:; goodluck with this baz, sounds intresting

rhythmtech
11-03-2007, 03:39 PM
well its not really my output on this.. im more just managing after the creative/artist end of things for it..

i hopefully will be able to release my own stuff on it after a while but i've enough to concentrate on with the techno label. although i will be doing one or 2 rmxs for it.. fuk knows what they'll end up sounding like :laughing:

SlavikSvensk
11-03-2007, 08:21 PM
hmm...so by experimental you just mean stuff that's quirky? if so, i think i have a few tracks to send your way

rhythmtech
11-03-2007, 08:37 PM
quirky weird, differant.. whatever you want.. like i said we have electro, minmal, electro-house, breaks.. loads of great stuff lined up.. only thing is that it all has a techy edge.

lookin forward to hearing what you've got slav :)

tonyc2002
11-03-2007, 08:44 PM
i quite like the idea of using creativity to get an end result. i know its probaly been done before but there was this girl at college who made a tune using nothing more than her voice and a decent mic. pretty good it was too

stjohn
12-03-2007, 02:19 AM

haha nice1 baz...

well i am pretty avante garde, now that i think about it, i walk to the train station backwards wearing my shoes on my head, whistling the 'Regis and Surgeon' theme tune which kinda goes like...

" I am dark, I am moody
call me different or call me German"

Ive seen FAC play in berlin, - (minus) 2 times now, and all he does is scratch that theme tune, to his mother. she likes the old experimental stuff i hear!

ill try to fiz up that tune for you so, my Granda keeps asking if he's famous yet!

rhythmtech
12-03-2007, 02:24 AM
haha nice1 baz...

well i am pretty avante garde, now that i think about it, i walk to the train station backwards wearing my shoes on my head, whistling the 'Regis and Surgeon' theme tune which kinda goes like...

" I am dark, I am moody

Ive seen FAC play in berlin, - (minus) 2 times now, and all he does is scratch that theme tune, to his mother. she likes the old experimental stuff i hear!

ill try to fiz up that tune for you so, my Granda keeps asking if he's famous yet!

well you can tell him with playing like that he's already a legend in my books!! :laughing:

force
12-03-2007, 10:36 AM
haha nice1 baz...

" I am dark, I am moody

I hope you aren't takin the piss out of Fac.
I wont stand for it you hear!!

Fac is the most authoritative and Knowledgeable member of this forum and we should all bow down and consult him before making any desisions about our future musical direction!..............So there

rhythmtech
12-03-2007, 12:50 PM
I hope you aren't takin the piss out of Fac.
I wont stand for it you hear!!

Fac is the most authoritative and Knowledgeable member of this forum and we should all bow down and consult him before making any desisions about our future musical direction!..............So there

we do.. thats why damaged trax 01 has been re-written and is now called "the dark dark road to birmingham e.p." :cheese:

stjohn
12-03-2007, 01:17 PM
to be honest tho... ive giving out about the over use of that word too!! so i see where fac is coming from!

what is experimental??

using ableton/cubase/acid with a few Vsts is certainly not!!!!

unless there is an element/process that is truely experimental, and not just throwing a few glitchy edits into a program and style of music that any ol' eejit can do....

ex-nae on the experimay!

rhythmtech
12-03-2007, 01:35 PM
shut up rory ye big twat

stjohn
12-03-2007, 02:03 PM
:ohdear::ohdear::ohdear:

fac
12-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Ive seen FAC play in berlin, - (minus) 2 times nowahh, you were that guy always asking for the boney m schranz bootleg. sorry but i dont have rubbish like that.

" I am dark, I am moody
we do.. thats why damaged trax 01 has been re-written and is now called "the dark dark road to birmingham e.p." :cheese:haha, i find it quite funny when people put me in that corner. 90% of the stuff i buy is not dark (or whatever you wanna call it).

fac
12-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Fac is the most authoritative and Knowledgeable member of this forum and we should all bow down and consult him before making any desisions about our future musical direction!..............So thereyeah, mark already wanted me to run that forum on my own. but unfortunatelay i had to say no cause i'm too busy writing the new tunes for autechre, surgeon and carl craig...

anyways i say it for the second and last time: good luck with your label, rhythmtech. you guys can diss me as long as you want. i couldnt care less. gives me only a good laugh.

one last for you:
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6034/ethugto4.jpg

stjohn
12-03-2007, 02:59 PM
:laughing::laughing:

good man fac

stjohn
12-03-2007, 03:05 PM
unless there is an element/process that is truely experimental, and not just throwing a few glitchy edits into a program and style of music that any ol' eejit can do....

im being serious here btw....just in case you thought i was a sarcastic ****er fac!!

cue r-tech to tell me to shut up again

TechMouse
12-03-2007, 04:07 PM
using ableton/cubase/acid with a few Vsts is certainly not!!!!
I'm gonna disagree with you there.

It's not what you're using, it's what you do with it.

Some of the most "cutting edge" producers use the most basic hardware / software imaginable.

Being expermiental is getting the kind of sounds that make people sit up and think "how the **** did he get that sound?", regardless of how you get there.

If you make a great track with interesting noises in it, and someone says they like it but then turn their nose up when they find out you made it on Reason (or whatever), then that person is being a first class twunt. End of story.

The Overfiend
12-03-2007, 05:15 PM
yeah, mark already wanted me to run that forum on my own. but unfortunatelay i had to say no cause i'm too busy writing the new tunes for autechre, surgeon and carl craig...

anyways i say it for the second and last time: good luck with your label, rhythmtech. you guys can diss me as long as you want. i couldnt care less. gives me only a good laugh.

one last for you:
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6034/ethugto4.jpg

Fac, you make me so proud sometimes!
http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/nerds.jpg

278d7e64a374de26f==