PDA

View Full Version : Video Ref in Football - The Debate

Richierush
10-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Just watchin them talking about it on footie focus,about video refs for certain decisions like Balls on or over the line,off sides,pulling shirts in penalty area,violent conduct an so on.

Personally i dont agree with the video ref,i like the fact that after a game you can say well we could have had this,we should have had that,it would work both ways some weeks you would have decisions go against you an others go for you,i always think about england in major tournies the two were sol C scored an were disallowed would have stood if there was video refs but am not assed now it happened.if it was to happen i could agree to the goal line camera an violent conduct on the pitch but other than that no thanks.

Want to know your thoughts peeps :;

Insomnia
10-03-2007, 01:52 PM
I would go with the goal line camera for sure, the famous event last season when Tottenham put the ball over the line in injury time and was clear to see by everyone including the Man U keeper. The main thing that does my nut in is when goals are scored clearly onside but are prevented by referees giving an offside! As for the rest i think decisions could be better if the standard of ref's was inproved!

dan the acid man
10-03-2007, 02:45 PM
yeah in a way i'd like to see it used for goal line decisions, but then i fear it would be used for more and more elements which wouldn't be good really.

If you don't have a few controversial decisions every now and then it takes out alot of the fun and hype surrounding the decisions.

SlavikSvensk
10-03-2007, 04:40 PM
they use video replay in american football. it works, but it takes time. so with soccer/football, it's not practical except maybe in some very, very limited situations like when someone goes down in the penalty area.

278d7e64a374de26f==