PDA

View Full Version : Loopdon - Bullfrog dreaming

loopdon
13-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Is this worth finishing? Comments welcome!

http://www.mediafire.com/?bzzndrqmddo

Subotic
13-03-2007, 04:55 PM
yep it sure is worth finishing
but it just needs more different instrumental parts
this is a nice theme
but it needs some changes so it doesn't become boring
through the track

so you "just" need to do some nice creative arranging
and you're there!

loopdon
14-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the input, mate. Will work on it!

jk_scowling
14-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Yes its worth finishing, it still needs something else, a variation or more parts.

Everything in the track at the moment works well together, and I don't think you want to clutter it with too much stuff.

loopdon
14-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Again, thanks! Will get busy.

dan the acid man
17-03-2007, 01:38 PM
yeah this has potential, im presuming you've not done much to the mixdown yet ? the synth needs a little eq'ing and maybe bringing down in the mix a little

loopdon
17-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Not mixed anything down here yet. Was just in a melodic mode so to speak. Don't know why i even posted it here, tbh. Thanks for all the pointers, though, peeps.

herman
19-03-2007, 01:18 AM
Very raw on the mixdown like you said but sounds worth finishing to me.

BloodStar
20-03-2007, 06:18 PM
deffo worth finishing this one. nice moody sounds there,. that pad in the break has nice reverb on it. i like :ยง)

loopdon
23-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Thanks, Vlasta!

stjohn
24-03-2007, 05:21 PM
ooo was this the one with the strings in it earlier?? i really like it. moody, and one that would give a perfect breather to any dancefloor..

deffo finsih it, its lovely work

loopdon
24-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Yep, that was it. Cool, you even remembered it! Nice one.

hoodlum
24-03-2007, 08:23 PM
sounds cool, yeh the mix is a tad unbalenced at the mo but thats easy to sort

very cool synth arp and nice 909 workout! needs some edits, and yeh that pad is very lush, what did you use for the pads if you dont mind me asking?

sounds like its gunna be a great production, post the finished article when done!

loopdon
24-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Thankyou, ciitroxx!

It was actually meant to be a demo of some sort for the string-synth i used in there. There is no real mix as such in there, hehe

Synth is called Occam SE, it's free and i have uploaded for you. It's the first preset gone through fruity loops flanger, setting 'vexed 5ts', if i rember correctly.

Here's the linkto the synth:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8yimhj

judas_beast
24-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Thankyou, ciitroxx!

It was actually meant to be a demo of some sort for the string-synth i used in there. There is no real mix as such in there, hehe

Synth is called Occam SE, it's free and i have uploaded for you. It's the first preset gone through fruity loops flanger, setting 'vexed 5ts', if i rember correctly.

Here's the linkto the synth:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8yimhj

Mate, you must have literally 1000s of VSTs!!!!

And yeh, its a cool track, got a nice ''sexy club'' vibe about it.

hoodlum
24-03-2007, 10:36 PM
thanks mate!

loopdon
24-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Mate, you must have literally 1000s of VSTs!!!!

And yeh, its a cool track, got a nice ''sexy club'' vibe about it.

I had loads more until i lost lots to to hdd crash. I don't use that many actually.

I try and limit myself to stuff i really dig and i am trying to get my head around ableton live at the moment. I think i must be honest to myself that sequencing in Fl studio isn't for me. Or at least not totally. I think it's the dark interface...

Thanks for your interest, people, means a lot to me!

illegal_audio
25-03-2007, 07:45 AM
Definantly finish it loopdon! It reminds me of Acid Eiffel by Choice :)

p_brane
25-03-2007, 11:07 AM
I had loads more until i lost lots to to hdd crash. I don't use that many actually.

I try and limit myself to stuff i really dig and i am trying to get my head around ableton live at the moment. I think i must be honest to myself that sequencing in Fl studio isn't for me. Or at least not totally. I think it's the dark interface...

Thanks for your interest, people, means a lot to me!

i agree loopdon, flstudio isnt the best program for sequencing but for making loops i cant find anything that even comes close to it.

btw im digging the track man. goodwork

P_

detfella
25-03-2007, 05:41 PM
def worth finishing :)

278d7e64a374de26f==