PDA

View Full Version : Little Fella! - Whistling your life away

Little_Fella!
13-03-2007, 10:18 PM
This tune is called "Whistling Your Life Away" which denotes the idea that we are all going along in life just wishing it away... the atmosphere gets darker as it goes along, depicting the approach of death... and yet we are still whistling...
Still lots more to learn on the production side but I feel much more confident now than I used to be...
Thanks Steve for your guidance thus far and for proving that it was copying the right track to the CD!! heh heh...

http://iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Little%20Fella%20-%20Whistling%20Your%20Life%20Away.mp3

dirty_bass
14-03-2007, 08:37 PM
I don`t wanna comment on this, as I see Little Fella regularly for pep talk and production tuition.
It would be cool if someone else could give him some feedback outside of my own opinion though.

rhythmtech
14-03-2007, 09:05 PM
great tune firstly

kick could come up a bit.. bass seems quite wide (could be my ears playin up, been in studio most of the day). the main synth stab could come up a touch and i'd personally like to hear a little more randomness with the glass smashes.. they get a little repetitive.

other then that it sounds lovely and warm. nice little tune.. keep us updated on it.

Little_Fella!
15-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Nice one..

Yeah, I'll have another look at the bass/kick ratio as it probably needs controlling a little more....

The glass smashy sound is running thro a 3D vsti which was where the variation comes from but yeah, your right now I think about it...

More Variation!!! cheers for that:) :)

force
17-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Love the rhythm of that bass line it starts with, agree with r-tech about sounding a bit wide tho.

Loads of interesting stuff going on throughout the track mate, although it seems to get a little dis-jointed now and again. work a bit on some of the transitions maybe?

Liking ya style tho dude

force
17-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Love the rhythm of that bassline that comes in at the start, although i agree with R-tech about it sounding a little wide.

Loads of interesting stuff going on in the track, liking what im hearing dude

dan the acid man
17-03-2007, 01:07 PM
the bass is lovely and warm with a nice groove to it, not sure i like the main wooshy noises, can't think of a better way to describe them, i feel they don't sit right with the over all rhythm of the track.

i do like how the tune progresses though, it's a pretty original sound you've got going on

BloodStar
17-03-2007, 01:56 PM
cool tune mate,. i feel the nice funk you have got there,. nice bass+some stabby sounds here and there, cool.. also that effected vocal in the break is nice.
personally, i would try to progress with that glassy sound as the track goes, maybe some nice delay here and there or something. i also have a feeling that track looses energy after that break around 3:15.maybe adding some subtle percs, drums or something would be nice,. but it is just my taste,hehe.
production part of thing, almost ok,. maybe try to play with kick and bass again to find the best balance... nice track, anyway....

Little_Fella!
18-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Love the rhythm of that bass line it starts with, agree with r-tech about sounding a bit wide tho.

Loads of interesting stuff going on throughout the track mate, although it seems to get a little dis-jointed now and again. work a bit on some of the transitions maybe?

Liking ya style tho dude

Thank eee kindly....:)

I'm going to have to take mi little note book to Steve to ask about the 'wide' thingy n how to sort it...

I'll have a look at the transitions, see if I can smooth the flow a little... it was kinda naturally what was coming out of me at the time...
Vladsta's comment on adding some subtle percussion sounds like it will help with this too I think... Cheers:cool:

Little_Fella!
18-03-2007, 01:08 AM
the bass is lovely and warm with a nice groove to it, not sure i like the main wooshy noises, can't think of a better way to describe them, i feel they don't sit right with the over all rhythm of the track.

i do like how the tune progresses though, it's a pretty original sound you've got going on

Thank eeee kindly too....:)

The wooshy noises is the breathy whistling riff that the title refers to... Its meant to be slightly off kilter but now you mention it, I'll definitely look at the relationship with the groove... Cheers:cool:

Little_Fella!
18-03-2007, 01:20 AM
cool tune mate,. i feel the nice funk you have got there,. nice bass+some stabby sounds here and there, cool.. also that effected vocal in the break is nice.
personally, i would try to progress with that glassy sound as the track goes, maybe some nice delay here and there or something. i also have a feeling that track looses energy after that break around 3:15.maybe adding some subtle percs, drums or something would be nice,. but it is just my taste,hehe.
production part of thing, almost ok,. maybe try to play with kick and bass again to find the best balance... nice track, anyway....

Owdoo Vladsta... nice to have your input:)

Definitely gonna rework the glassy sound... It's certainly something I forgot about in the mix so thanks guys for mentioning it...

Yeah, again the transitions are kinda unusual so I do reckon your right on the subtle percussion idea... great stuff:cool:

Mindful
14-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Hey man, love the the kinda tec synths in the background, kinda moochy, wont say about the glass sound needing some variation.......hmmmm just did.Like Vlasta says get some delay on it every now and again and maybe play it off where its expected next.
Would personaly prefer if you got rid of the ride and replaced it with somthing to play off the main perk rythm thats present throughout(I think this would give the track more of a chorus/verse type vibe)
When it gets going the grooves impossible to get out of ,its great i cant stop my hips doing a wobble.

stjohn
19-04-2007, 05:13 PM
ahah... you can hear the whislting alright!!! tis a cool tune mate well done. the one thing i can thnk of would be get a bit more mid - punch into the kick, and it would do that little bit more damage on the dancfloor!!
great progression with the sounds and sequence. good work

Little_Fella!
21-04-2007, 02:38 AM
Ta very much for these new feedback bits...

Have been working on this tune with the ideas that have been put forward so far and there is definite improvement... (not gettin enough time in the studio mind! ...grumble moan:cheese: )

@Mindfull : have brought the tec synthy part a bit more forward but you got me thinkin' should it a stayed where it was...? hmmmm.. ponder ponder (?)

To replace the ride.. I get your idea but at the moment I can't quite picture what to put in there.. if something comes to me I'll definitely give it a try as I like stuff thats less conventional in it's approach... nice one, thank you:cool:

Little_Fella!
21-04-2007, 02:46 AM
@ StJohn : Have reworked the bass/kick ratio and your right about the mid-punch... I tightened the kick also and then punched a hole in the bassline at the same frequencies... its like magic! :icon3:

Cheers and thank you...:)

278d7e64a374de26f==