PDA

View Full Version : S.X 2.01 Report your bugs here...

The Divide
03-11-2003, 04:39 PM
Getting very annoyed with the way my pcs been behaving latley. Having lots of problems with S.X 2.01. I am realy tempted on going back to S.X1 and fruity loops its getting that bad. If any other users are having problems post them here and we will combine solutions and problems. Esp if your using lots of midi and vsti's hardware or software samplers....

Heres mine..

Native instrumments - Battery

Been trying to very hard to use this, found its got a nice sound to it. Got me just a simple Kick drum and bass going thro this. This was then routed to a group channel with some F.X. All i get is pops and clicks and for some reason the timings going all over the place. This porblem shouldnt be happening coz its not exactly killing my C.P.U. I can drop the buffer size down and lower my latency but the clicks are still there. Its deffinatly not the samples or plugings I am using or my soundcard.

Native instrumments - Kontakt 1/2 Kompakt 1/2

Useless, Sound came in short bursts and on that channel the vst meters where saying theres a loud audio singal there when It wasnt even playing. Serious bugs here.

Midi seems to play up too, tried using some smaller vstis and they seemed to make the audio drop out. I dont think its my soundcard ocz its a gina 2/4/96 and its very capable. my mates told me hes got a problem with the midi on his, hes gone back to S.X 1 but i am not too sure what the problem was.

Reasons running rewired, great but reason doesnt sound too good, but its solid with S.X2. Realy want to replace this with a better soft sampler. hence playing around with bettery, which does nothing but click and pop. Kontakt would be ok, but shit sitting drum samples as its such a long way round as you gotta re set al the keygroups.

Not used S.X 2 for external midi yet (mixers in repair) but i am hoping I can use the good old Akai S1000 coz it sounds much better then anything on the p.c, havnt been able to use it on sx1 coz the timings shite. I used to be able to have the kick and bass coming direct from the akai on Cubase v5 since SX the timings that bad its out of the question.

I am realy wanting to work with midi at the mo, doing some electronica for a uni project. Its so frustrating knowing what and how i want to do but not been able to coz the softwares playing up or the midi is too loose. Tempted on buying a new midi interface prolly connected via firewire or something (currently running midi sport 2x2). It feels like the whole set ups been taken backwards even I have put more and more money into. Simply coz the sequencer wnt behave its self. If i ran Fruity lps as stand alone I can do so much more with hardly any problems

Everythings a pain in the ass at the mo and I am gonna have a couple of weeks off whist the desk gets repaired. Anyone any sugestions, similar problems?

The Divide
03-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Oh and did they bring back mixermaps and midi exclusive editors in S.X 2? Just wondering

The Overfiend
03-11-2003, 04:51 PM
Kinda Daft on 98 platform

The Divide
03-11-2003, 05:20 PM
98???!?! No I am on X.P

The Overfiend
03-11-2003, 05:46 PM
I know I installed mine on 98 ands its a bit "dodgy"
Excuse mY uk Slang it sux

The Divide
03-11-2003, 05:49 PM
ohhh hahahah, no i understod that part. :lol:

bornaa
03-11-2003, 09:33 PM
same here. i loaded a cubase sx1 file into sx2 and since i got most of the sounds routed to channels from battery, sync is off and there are some clicks pops n erorry sounds....havent trying to build a track from a scratch tho, but it would be a big handicap if battery doesnt work in sx2

The Divide
03-11-2003, 09:42 PM
thanks man, thats proven that its not realy a setup problem. I will keep my ears open for a solution

messyfuture
03-11-2003, 09:45 PM
i'm still using cubase 5
the reason being if its not broke, and it works for me
anyway is there any updates for battery or any new drivers about that might solve the problem
just a thought

The Divide
03-11-2003, 10:04 PM
yeah man, see the thing is S.X is such a ****ing good audio editor/sequencer. They too steps back but they made some big steps forward. Stay with version 5 I say.

Actually I am on battery 1 so yeah good one

acidhead
03-11-2003, 10:21 PM
i had really bad timing on sx1 with midi but copied the midi input setup thing over in the cubase folder and it sorted it out(after deleting all 50 or so of the emulated ports) - sx2 on the other hand isnt stable - i set the asio drivers up and the thing keeps on crashing , unusable

The Divide
03-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Great, yeah theres definatly an issue with Native instrumments and S.X 2.01. Anyone thinking of upgrading who use the NI kontakt a lot dont till this is sorted. ;)

The Divide
04-11-2003, 12:08 AM
Anyone having problems with Halion 2.0

Sometimes it plays sometimes it doesnt.

Patrick DSP
04-11-2003, 12:09 AM
got halion 2.02 update?

The Divide
04-11-2003, 12:11 AM
:lol:

observer
05-11-2003, 10:35 AM
Hey dude as far as native instruments Kontakt, Battery etc you have to check the pluginslist thing in Devices and change the checkmark that says 'old plugin behaviour' on older ones that your having problems with. This is on the Steinberg site, even in the manual I think. Problem solved.

The Divide
05-11-2003, 12:04 PM
:rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

Thanks

The Divide
05-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Hey dude as far as native instruments Kontakt, Battery etc you have to check the pluginslist thing in Devices and change the checkmark that says 'old plugin behaviour' on older ones that your having problems with. This is on the Steinberg site, even in the manual I think. Problem solved.

WOOOOO HHOOOOOOO ITS SOLVED!!!!!!!!!

!!!

!<---------

Brilliant, all the NI plugins require old host behavour! Thats it, no updates or nothing. Not i can get on with making music without been pissed off.

Anyone who didnt know this now know. Untick ya box amigo's

278d7e64a374de26f==