PDA

View Full Version : Reaktor

tonyc2002
15-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Wow! what a program! only just started learning the basics but oh my god how in depth can you go with this thing!

any of you guys rate it?

audioinjection
16-03-2007, 03:12 PM
yeah its great, a friend of mine gave me a ton of ensembles, endless capabilities!

loopdon
16-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Never really tried it. It scares the **** out of me. Like absynth. Or trackers. Now it's out. :)

Jay Pace
17-03-2007, 12:28 AM
Great piece of software, but its like a programming language. Invest time in it and you can do all manner of crazy shit.

If you learn synthesis properly its formidable

Miken
20-03-2007, 04:15 PM
HI.
I'm new with reaktor and I was wondering If you could suggest me where can I start exploring this soft.I mean,can you recommend me some video tutorials to download etc..

cheers and thnx in advance!!

TechMouse
20-03-2007, 04:23 PM
The strength of Reaktor is that it lets you break out of conventional synthesis methodologies.

If you can conceive a way of mashing signals together, then Reaktor will let you realise that.

I've had mad ideas about stuff you could do with grainclouds, which I'd love to experiment with somtime.

Sadly, not only is Reaktor prohibitively expensive, I tend to find that after spending a whole day programming the last thing I want to do is come home and start programming.

RDR
20-03-2007, 08:48 PM
I love reaktor, can rate it highly enough, its mint.

BloodStar
21-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Reaktor is ace. The best plug ever.
I have now little problem after reinstalling on new computer. Previously I was able to have several instruments in one ensemble, but now I can only have one at time. When I put another one it doesnt add to current ens, but replace it. Hope it makes sense. Any help, please?

Miken
21-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Come on people,any tutorials,anything?
Extremely needed :)

tonyc2002
21-03-2007, 01:58 PM
i would help but ime a nooooooooob :cheese: try the included pdf's, theres tutorials on building a simple synth in one of them....

stjohn
21-03-2007, 03:13 PM

have you got the Manual?? theres a few tutorials in there afaik.. first of which has you building a simple synth!!
should be in the /Reaktor 5/Documentation folder
let me know if you dont and ill send it over to you!

loopdon
21-03-2007, 05:50 PM

There must be something in the manual that came with it. //joke of

I have heard the best thing is to look at how other *.ens are constructed and learn from them.

jon connor
21-03-2007, 09:34 PM
love this thing hahahhaahha anyone no where i can go to get more ensambles ? let me no. i got a roland jp8000 for this the other day but ummmmmmmmn cant seem to get the bastrd into it oh dear.

danielmarshall
22-03-2007, 02:04 PM
reaktor is not worth learning for the magority of people. yes it is rediculously powerful, but then learning C++ and the VST API is even more so, yet it really is like shooting a mosquito with a bazooka. i toiled for about a year with the program and whilst i found it technically intersting in the beginning, eventually it was just too cumbersome to be of any real creative use. one idea i'm still keen on doing is creating a cross fading mixer which fades in bands rather than just the entire signal. i'm also keen on working on my own side chaining compressor, though I'm not sure how I'll approach that one just yet. if you're into wild stuff like that then yeah, it may be worth a poke around, but if you're still learning the basics of synthesis, then you're really wasting your time.

TechMouse
22-03-2007, 02:08 PM
yes it is rediculously powerful, but then learning C++ and the VST API is even more so
I see what you're getting at, but Reaktor is much friendlier.

C++ is not to be trifled with by any stretch of the imagination.

One or two pointers left hanging and it's a recipe for serious stability problems.

danielmarshall
23-03-2007, 11:32 AM
I see what you're getting at, but Reaktor is much friendlier.

C++ is not to be trifled with by any stretch of the imagination.

One or two pointers left hanging and it's a recipe for serious stability problems.

I try to avoid using pointers directly in my data structures for that very reason, although if you follow sound software engineering practices you shouldn't need to worry about writing to unallocated memory etc... That said, it is altogether too easy to put one extra asterix in where it doesn't belong.

Anyway what I was getting at is that there is almost always a tool more powerful than the one you're using (Native ASM trumps C++ in fact!), but it is often times not the tool that is the most suited to the job. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. There are so many other deep and powerful tools that take as much time to learn, but provide allot more in the long run. Time is a scarse commodity to me, so I spend it learning the things that will provide the most eventual benifit.

Just my opinion of course, and there are many cases where Reaktor, MSP or proprietry software do fill gaps that just can't be filled otherwise, but they are the exception to the rule.

TechMouse
23-03-2007, 11:55 AM
I try to avoid using pointers directly in my data structures for that very reason, although if you follow sound software engineering practices you shouldn't need to worry about writing to unallocated memory etc... That said, it is altogether too easy to put one extra asterix in where it doesn't belong.
For sure, but pointer arithmetic sits at the heart of most DSP.

It's one of the few things that elevates C++ above managed code.

Anyway what I was getting at is that there is almost always a tool more powerful than the one you're using (Native ASM trumps C++ in fact!), but it is often times not the tool that is the most suited to the job. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. There are so many other deep and powerful tools that take as much time to learn, but provide allot more in the long run. Time is a scarse commodity to me, so I spend it learning the things that will provide the most eventual benifit.

Just my opinion of course, and there are many cases where Reaktor, MSP or proprietry software do fill gaps that just can't be filled otherwise, but they are the exception to the rule.
Completely agree.

FILTERZ
23-03-2007, 12:25 PM
outsim synth maker

this is a program like reaktor but with a better user interface and you can save your creations as vst plug ins with one click and you can even sell them , no link but will post one soon .

FILTERZ
23-03-2007, 12:27 PM
http://synthmaker.co.uk/index.html

FILTERZ
23-03-2007, 12:28 PM
miles cheaper as well

278d7e64a374de26f==