PDA

View Full Version : Snooker or pool?

Insomnia
16-03-2007, 11:06 AM
What do you prefer folk?

For me it has to be pool, i'm in my pubs league team and it's serious stuff i tell you! I dont mind snooker but quite hard on the full size tables, they make it look so easy on tv! :cool:

Numeric
16-03-2007, 11:12 AM
like playing both and watching both...

used to play pool a lot back in the college days, not so much now, haven't played snooker in many a year...

used to watch nine-ball pool on sky sports but since i left home haven't been able to, still watch the snooker now and again...

Esox Lucius
16-03-2007, 11:25 AM
depends, in the pub pool defo, but i love me darts too.

rileys snooker hall in birkenhead is sound though if you want to go for a proper game, proper tables and that.

me and my mate hoxby used to go out to a pub in frodsham, you could book a snooker room in the basement to yourself and have your own bar and barmaid in there too, quite expensive but well worth it, could stay for hours. and they done a cracking pint of hoegaarden.

dan the acid man
16-03-2007, 12:50 PM
pool because it's easier, i do like watching both though

Ashley
16-03-2007, 01:15 PM
I like playing pool, used to be quite good but had a game not that long ago and got beat :whoops:

LittleMinx
16-03-2007, 01:49 PM
i like pool, its so much better than snooker, snooker takes to long :)

Will
16-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Not for Ronnie O'Sullivan when he's on song! I like playing both, but watching pool doesn't interest me...

Esox Lucius
16-03-2007, 03:54 PM
but watching pool doesn't interest me...

agree with you there wills.

Insomnia
16-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Snooker is much better to watch than pool for sure, seen some great games over the years. From the days when Steve Davis started.........:cheese:

Numeric
16-03-2007, 05:20 PM
i have to disagree, nine-ball pool is awesome to watch, much faster paced and far less forgiving than snooker...

it's cool to see the old snooker players trying their hand at nine-ball, most of them can't handle it, Steve Davis has done alright though fair do's...

french_og
17-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Snooker is the better game really, to win a game snooker you generally have had to be the better player where in pool anybody can win.

Pool is still a great game to play in the pub espeically when there is a group and winner stays on.

What makes me laugh is the pool on tv - the pockets are like absollute buckets and the commentators say great shot.

Insomnia
17-03-2007, 10:17 AM
I have to give credit to snooker players for some of the high breaks they get, my highest break on a full size table was 56 back in the day and that was using a 'rest' for most of the shots......

278d7e64a374de26f==