PDA

View Full Version : labels release back cat please ?

jon connor
21-03-2007, 03:48 PM
i was thinking today about how much good music and records ive lost over the years that i cant get again, although ive kept my drizzly stuff intact eg construct rhythym form jerk etc "thats because i would of ripped someones heart out with a blunt spoon if they even dare try to put in there box" hahahahahah!

but no listen some of you guys listen up here especially some of the big guns, i think it would be a great idea to put out back cat in digital format . there are many tracks that still could be played today infact i love dropping a classic or to in my sets.

but for instance vynyl does take a lot of space this is true so once its gone its gone leaving you broken hearted and wanting to murder your wife for making you get rid of them in the first place hahahahah!

but no i really would like to get a back cat of stuff via digital release.

for instance there is a load of mohonolink stuff ive lost who is 1 of my fav all time artist, a load thomas krome stuff missing all sorts i could go on all day here. The point is having the material i want at hand , you never no when you are going to need it, for instance it could be an old techno bud comes round your house and your acting like a pair of plumbs wanking over ya techno collection standing there with huge hard on`s. and all of a sudden your spending the next 3 hours riffling your collection trying to find that muth feckin record that you probably borrowed out to somone about 4 years ago and still thought you had "oh dear you feel like a complete twat"

anyway..........thats just me rambling on up there , the thing is there is loads of uses like for instance even tho i have all drizzly techno i would still pay good money to have them in individual files via digital label format. another reason is old records ware im pissed at the fact that ive leathered kay d smith FACE SMASHER so much it does not the sound the same and thats 2 copies ive got . i would love to get the whole drizzly collection backed up , that way i can still play on cd j`s or just have for my personal use.

i think i will mail these guys reguarding the issue.

but anyway the stay up crew dave drummer , glen wilson all major techno bods etc etc etc etc all you guys should think about racking up your back cat and putting it online for us to use a wil.

"I DONT WANT A MIX CD"

i want individual tracks or buy the whole ep as it was on vynyl.

this would be great .

also might be an extra little earn for sum you big boys on ere............

the only draw back is it will take time to do i understand that but it would be great to have an entire back cat of everything.

wot do you guys think.

eyeswithoutaface
21-03-2007, 06:47 PM
the man's got a point

TechMouse
21-03-2007, 06:53 PM
I notice you can get a good whack of the SUF (+ related labels) stuff on digital from the Truelove website.

dan the acid man
21-03-2007, 08:13 PM
yeah, would be good to see more labels follow suit

audioinjection
21-03-2007, 08:25 PM
thats a good idea, get all that old shit remastered and cleaned up, then sell mp3's, im sure it'll get good sales!

jon connor
21-03-2007, 09:00 PM
yea man i was thinking like a place like b.o.a it would be lovely to have a direct link to librarys containing back cat, if we could try nuge a few big guns to do so mabey others will follow.

i bet everyone of you has got a tune you would love to play but cant because either your vynyl is worn, or you could not get a copy when it was availble, all sorts of reasons. but yea id love to have a place to go and get the track im looking for.

"DISTROBUTION GUYS PLEASE TAKE NOTE."

jon connor
21-03-2007, 09:04 PM
thats a good idea, get all that old shit remastered and cleaned up, then sell mp3's, im sure it'll get good sales!

Yea man it would be great the only thing is i wory about is wot happens with licensing ? say like a company PRIME distro for instance who went under wot is the score in this situation. do they still hold the rights or does the artists ?

anyway would love a library of back cat to go .

so much stuff i would like to get hold of.

jon connor
21-03-2007, 09:04 PM
I notice you can get a good whack of the SUF (+ related labels) stuff on digital from the Truelove website.

cheers for that mate i will have a looky......

jon connor
21-03-2007, 09:12 PM

its not just mp3 tho wav is also availble now , only draw back is the time it takes to upload ? but then again for the right track i would not mind at all about paying a bit more of a price for.

The Overfiend
21-03-2007, 11:13 PM
That is really a great point, I had some gems on labels like Subspace, Touche, Groove Alert, The Red label, all of that good Dutch techno I came up on. I spoke to Dobre & Jamez and they said they were working on rereleasing their back catalogues digitially, but yes this does take a lot of work.

jon connor
22-03-2007, 01:54 PM
yea man i be up for sum of that gear feckin right..

Mucky Beats
23-03-2007, 10:04 AM
jon you got a good point hear... i think it would be cool if this happend... there are tunes out there i would snap up.
But one thing i would say is maybe classics should stay classics to be whipped out now and again for maximum impact if you could just download any track would it maybe spoil the impact of rare tunes.. also if you remaster a old tune are you losing a bit of its soul??
Also how does it work with many labels being bankrupt or finished and so on how do the tunes get released...can the artist just do it after time??

jon connor
23-03-2007, 01:11 PM
makie u nut case listen dude i said tracks for any use be it personal or for performance ? wotever i would just like a place i could go like a techno library "i wish" to retrieve any track ive lost or missed and would like to get hold of. listen we are not all millionares there will be loads of stuff we have missed over the years , especially with the price of vynyl, you no wot it was like when we were in collage , jesus christ we were living out of tins of beans, and 9 p no frills bread from the local quick save just to keep our techno habbit intact. the student flat bill was about 20% survival to stay alive and about 80% techno habbit jesus christ we were like some kind of techno junkies , anyway point being even tho we were techno junkies we still couldent buy everything and missed a load of stuff,.

anyway dude the point also you mentioned is wot i was thinking , somone like prime for instance who went under wot happens with licensing ? who now owns the rights ?

could say a private dealer or another techno company perchase the rights ? then set up there own online library ? or if could somone just try make there own library or online service with this exact idea of a techno back cat library ?

say we contacted all artist and got permission to do so , you could offer them the same deal they would get on usual sites like beat port ,track it down wotever ?

pending there permission of course ?

but overall would be a great idea to have a techno hall of fame back cat library,
where you go and retrieve a track at any time, also tracks could be put in there say after 12 months after being released , then there they will stay for ever and for future techno heads for years to come .

jon connor
23-03-2007, 01:15 PM
jesus christ where did that come from hahahahahaha!

The Overfiend
23-03-2007, 02:16 PM
makie u nut case listen dude i said tracks for any use be it personal or for performance ? wotever i would just like a place i could go like a techno library "i wish" to retrieve any track ive lost or missed and would like to get hold of. listen we are not all millionares there will be loads of stuff we have missed over the years , especially with the price of vynyl, you no wot it was like when we were in collage , jesus christ we were living out of tins of beans, and 9 p no frills bread from the local quick save just to keep our techno habbit intact. the student flat bill was about 20% survival to stay alive and about 80% techno habbit jesus christ we were like some kind of techno junkies , anyway point being even tho we were techno junkies we still couldent buy everything and missed a load of stuff,.

anyway dude the point also you mentioned is wot i was thinking , somone like prime for instance who went under wot happens with licensing ? who now owns the rights ?

could say a private dealer or another techno company perchase the rights ? then set up there own online library ? or if could somone just try make there own library or online service with this exact idea of a techno back cat library ?

say we contacted all artist and got permission to do so , you could offer them the same deal they would get on usual sites like beat port ,track it down wotever ?

pending there permission of course ?

but overall would be a great idea to have a techno hall of fame back cat library,
where you go and retrieve a track at any time, also tracks could be put in there say after 12 months after being released , then there they will stay for ever and for future techno heads for years to come .

Great point. You & Mucky

jon connor
23-03-2007, 02:37 PM
cheers i had a good breakfast this morning hahahahahaha! and um i went fishing last night it helps sooth the mind hahahahah!

tony are we onto somthing here or wot ?

we shall find out ?

the adventures of techno back cat continue.

dont let the techno end up as dark matter ?

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k233/supertech_03/galaxies.gif

them bloody aliens get the best of everything.

BRADLEE
23-03-2007, 06:32 PM
I agree whole heartedly. I think people not doing this are missing out on a serious business opportunity...especially with everything pretty much going digital. Could probaly make a bit of extra loot, along side exposing the fresh people to the older sounds which shaped the music.

jon connor
27-03-2007, 03:12 PM
yea im hearing u dude , but like i said it is a lot of work but if somone or company was willing to take it on board wouldent be a bad thing at all.

davethedrummer
29-03-2007, 01:51 AM
errr
i think you can already get most of our stuff guv
i know i spent hours last year digitising all the old stuff
and digging out dats etc

ds2
29-03-2007, 11:41 AM
you no wot it was like when we were in collage

was it an English college?

jon connor
29-03-2007, 02:56 PM
errr
i think you can already get most of our stuff guv
i know i spent hours last year digitising all the old stuff
and digging out dats etc

yea i no dude cheers for that henry , it is a good idea like i said that way it will always be availble , . hope others will follow suit .

but yea henry its more the old stuff i was on about early techno , rare stuff etc i was more intersted in having a place where i could go and retrieve any old vynyl that has come out in digital format , wav file prefferbly but high quality mp3 would also be just as good

jon connor
29-03-2007, 02:58 PM
welsh dude .........................

278d7e64a374de26f==