PDA

View Full Version : Novation Automap Universal .automap templates

danielmarshall
22-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi all. Been hiding away in my hole for a while (it's called work, and I hate it) I trust you've all been doing well in my absence.

OK, down to business.

I just got myself a new Novation SL ReMOTE controller. After visiting Novation's web site I find it's even cooler than I expected with the release of Autmomap Universal.

The only issue is that when I try to get it to map to a plugin (z3ta say) it maps all the parameters that I really don't need to tweak, so I have 10000 pages of utterly useless parameters. Obviously this is because the software can't distinguish between which control is a practical one to assign to a slider, but it nevertheless makes it pretty useless feature unless you either a.) reprogram the entire plugin or b.) install a new .automap template for the plugin.

I am lazy, so that excludes option a. Or at least not willing to waste time. So my question is: is there either a way of converting the raw .sys (sysex templates) to .automap templates, or a place on the net where I can get .automap templates for popular instuments?

Cheers,

Dan

278d7e64a374de26f==