PDA

View Full Version : [Hard Techno] citrix - live for the weekend

hoodlum
22-03-2007, 06:06 PM
http://surfwestwardho.co.uk/citrix_-_live_for_the_weekend.mp3

tell me what you think! thanks for any comments in advance :)

its 140bpm jackin type stuff

judas_beast
22-03-2007, 06:17 PM
A different sort of sound, nice an fresh. Lovin the sample, proper gehtto living! The track needs a bit more low end, to my ears, and could maybe ''bang'' a bit harder. Try a heavier kick, or maybe a subby kick under the main kick. If I'm being ultra critical, which I will 'cos its you, the rides sound a bit washy, normally your rides have a bit more clarity, dunno. Toward the end the bass gets heavier, try to get that more through out the track, perhaps?

Anyway people, Citroxx is my home boy, so I won't comment too much, anyone else?

BRADLEE
22-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Only got the phones on myself, but yeah I recon the kicks could be a bit deeper. However they're still clear and present as it stands. Sounds good when the sub bass kicks in too after that vocal snippet. My only critique would be perhaps that it's a bit loopy..>Even with the pitch shifting to the main loop. Maybe just loss that bell type element at times and bring it back in other times. Automation for the filters and such sounds nice though. Overall man, good track I'd say...

hoodlum
26-03-2007, 08:13 PM
anymore for anymore?

i really need some critisim here!

stjohn
27-03-2007, 04:58 PM
howaya, i listened to this, but wanted to wait til today to check it on the monitors!! i like it! the modualted lead sounds sweet and ruff as ****. There is a massive sub there alright, but it only comes in, when i whack it up.... so i reckon if you mix down at conversation level and ty make that sub sound big and clean at that level! in sayint that, the mixdown sounds clear and big as it is!

the sample is deadly! really suits the tune, good work!

hoodlum
28-03-2007, 05:42 AM
thanks man, im actually fairly please with this one.. cheers for the comments!

278d7e64a374de26f==