PDA

View Full Version : Acid Aint dead

parsley909
25-03-2007, 09:50 PM
pah not a chance

just watch this vid from our last party to see that there are plenty of munters still really up for it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBjP01U6IBo

Adey
25-03-2007, 10:37 PM
maybe not - but its stuck in a never ending loop that never quite gets past 1998.

Aratron
25-03-2007, 10:49 PM
maybe not - but its stuck in a never ending loop that never quite gets past 1998.

welcome back Adey !!!

i' ve missed you !!!

Adey
25-03-2007, 11:22 PM
:p

I was thinking it might be worthwhile merging the acid techno forum with the classic techno forum?

Aratron
25-03-2007, 11:52 PM
:p

I was thinking it might be worthwhile merging the acid techno forum with the classic techno forum?

maybe have a word with si about it then?

in all serousness why do you post here if you hate acid so much?

have you listened to any one the new suf's , powertools or pounding grooves recently?

sounds like your the one who is stuck?

Adey
25-03-2007, 11:55 PM
i'm no hater... just telling the truth.

Aratron
25-03-2007, 11:57 PM
i'm no hater... just telling the truth.

well thats okay. but where does it leave us?

you opinions and my life

Adey
26-03-2007, 11:01 AM
check out some of the tunes coming out on Miditonal, Don't, Chan'n'Mikes, Kitty Corner, Input Output, Antikonsum, Feinwerk, Spacebar Sentiments, Coin Operated, Tonica, Labrat Audiochemicals, Victim... pop along to the next Ugly Funk or Coin Operated party - not so many K'd out, moody and bored shufflers as yer usual squat party... that need a 10 year old acid line to get excited and jump around.

fatcollective
26-03-2007, 11:10 AM
check out some of the tunes coming out on Miditonal, Don't, Chan'n'Mikes, Kitty Corner, Input Output, Antikonsum, Feinwerk, Spacebar Sentiments, Coin Operated, Tonica, Labrat Audiochemicals, Victim... pop along to the next Ugly Funk or Coin Operated party - not so many K'd out, moody and bored shufflers as yer usual squat party... that need a 10 year old acid line to get excited and jump around.

your really negative man, why you so up tight about acid techno...did it rape your gran?

Adey
26-03-2007, 12:20 PM
fack off with your negativity trip. saying stuff different to a sheepish concenus isn't negative - its called "having another opinion". I'm a regular at lots of different parties from grime and trip-hop through to minimal house and right up to breakcore - so pointing out that the london acid techno scene is stuck in a loop and selling the same tunes it was 10 years ago is a valid point. I'd be very sad if they only way of getting a bunch of punters excited was to play the same type of acid line I was playing in 1998...

come on guys open the doors to some diversity and start playing parties with a bigger mix of tunes than the output of the SUF collective.

Si the Sigh
26-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Tell you what mate, if you've nothing positive to say, don't post here ok?

rhythmtech
26-03-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm a regular at lots of different parties from grime and trip-hop through to minimal house and right up to breakcore .

so basically you jumped on a few "cool" bandwagons lately?

Adey
26-03-2007, 01:13 PM
maybe you missed the two really helpful and positive points I was making

1) check out some of the tunes coming out on Miditonal, Don't, Chan'n'Mikes, Kitty Corner, Input Output, Antikonsum, Feinwerk, Spacebar Sentiments, Coin Operated, Tonica, Labrat Audiochemicals, Victim... pop along to the next Ugly Funk or Coin Operated party

2) how about playing parties with a bigger mix of tunes

acieeed

Aratron
26-03-2007, 01:14 PM
fack off with your negativity trip. saying stuff different to a sheepish concenus isn't negative - its called "having another opinion". I'm a regular at lots of different parties from grime and trip-hop through to minimal house and right up to breakcore - so pointing out that the london acid techno scene is stuck in a loop and selling the same tunes it was 10 years ago is a valid point. I'd be very sad if they only way of getting a bunch of punters excited was to play the same type of acid line I was playing in 1998...

come on guys open the doors to some diversity and start playing parties with a bigger mix of tunes than the output of the SUF collective.

i do beleive you are trying to be constructive Adey and as much as your comments are outrageously offensive to an acid techno fan, please continue to post (imo), as i hate people who all agree with each other.
however, (and i have tried) there is only one kind of music that does it for me and that is acid techno.

fatcollective
26-03-2007, 01:15 PM

whos saying we do "only listen to acid techno"...most people who post in this section play a wide range of techno, but still love acid techno, old and new...you just seem to be angry with acid techno...why?

Adey
26-03-2007, 01:20 PM
so basically you jumped on a few "cool" bandwagons lately?

welcome to the 'avin it' delusion. sounds wicked mate. w00t!

rhythmtech
26-03-2007, 01:22 PM
whos saying we do "only listen to acid techno"...most people who post in this section play a wide range of techno, but still love acid techno, old and new...you just seem to be angry with acid techno...why?

its quite obviously jealousy ste... we asked him this b4,and i sh*it you not, his answer was because chris liberator is a moaning bitch or something similarly retarded. ????

rhythmtech
26-03-2007, 01:24 PM
welcome to the 'avin it' delusion. sounds wicked mate. w00t!

to qoute your fineself "im not your mate"

Adey
26-03-2007, 02:14 PM
its quite obviously jealousy ste... we asked him this b4,and i sh*it you not, his answer was because chris liberator is a moaning bitch or something similarly retarded. ????

i absolutely have no issues with Chris... you can put whatever words you want in my mouth to cover up for the fact that you ain't listening to anybody with an opinion other than yours.

SUF is a commercial label which makes money out of punters by pumping out the same tracks time and time again - shit look at Geezers output over the last 10 years. It really is only one track with different samples. Good luck to them but please don't pretend its progressive or having any influence on music culture = something I would class as the opitomy of being "dead". Those days are gone and now its really along way from the was cutting edge scene/label it was. SUF is little more than "now that's what I call acid techno" volume 70 or whatever number its upto... something that is a very sad thing.

rhythmtech
26-03-2007, 02:32 PM
i absolutely have no issues with Chris... you can put whatever words you want in my mouth to cover up for the fact that you ain't listening to anybody with an opinion other than yours.

SUF is a commercial label which makes money out of punters by pumping out the same tracks time and time again - shit look at Geezers output over the last 10 years. It really is only one track with different samples. Good luck to them but please don't pretend its progressive or having any influence on music culture = something I would class as the opitomy of being "dead". Those days are gone and now its really along way from the was cutting edge scene/label it was. SUF is little more than "now that's what I call acid techno" volume 70 or whatever number its upto... something that is a very sad thing.

whatever you say dude.. you obviously know what you're talking about. im just glad we have you back again to tell us whats what. i dont know how we survived without your pearls of wisdom.

im now gonna ring aaron and tell him to pull all my releases off the shelves.. shame on him for conning me into thinking that the music was actually good... and shame on him for running a commercial business.

im now going to take all my musical output (which from now on will be dubstep) to we-hate-success records. i hear they run each release at a loss of £5000 out of their own pockets. i also hear that they are so underground that they nearly surfaced in australia last week.

finally i get to show the world what the true meaning of independent is.

ps. if anyone would like to download my latest mix you can find it in the filez section.. its called "he's not intelligent, he's not from detroit... he's never done anything of any significance, he moans a lot, he's a very jealous little boy, he's not even wanted on internet forums... but he's f*ckin 'avin this new exciting genre called *insert latest cool trend*"

for my next mix i will be totally changin direction and releasing 50 mins of dog barks.. nobody will be expecting that.

Adey
26-03-2007, 03:50 PM
hahaha sound like yer a little bit angry that dubstep is a huge global phenomenon for 2007 in terms of scale, influence and revenue - while acid techno pretty much defines the summer of 98 and from what I last heard from the horses mouth a few weeks ago is 'struggling to get the kids to still buy the releases'.

never mind.

I only came here for a laugh anyways... and you've given me that.

happy dayz.

rhythmtech
26-03-2007, 03:56 PM
hahaha sound like yer a little bit angry that dubstep is a huge global phenomenon for 2007 in terms of scale, influence and revenue - while acid techno pretty much defines the summer of 98 and from what I last heard from the horses mouth a few weeks ago is 'struggling to get the kids to still buy the releases'.

never mind.

happy dayz.

not at all angry.. plenty of dubstep in my collection... i just dont feel the need to go around slagging off anything i dont like.

but you basically confirmed everything i expected from you in the sentance above.. who cares if dubstep is the "global phenomenon" for 2007? most people that love music arent too concerned about current "trends" but someone like you obviously has nothing better to do than to hop from one "in thing" to another. thats just weak you C U N T, weak.

rhythmtech
26-03-2007, 04:05 PM
i absolutely have no issues with Chris... you can put whatever words you want in my mouth

cos he cries like a bitch.

evidently i dont need to put words in your mouth... they were already there

Adey
26-03-2007, 04:44 PM
who said I didn't liek acid techno... back in the day it was great. Its now 10 years later... move on and break some boundaries... or is that not what music is about? OK. Fair enough. Good for you.

hahaha

fatcollective
26-03-2007, 08:01 PM
fair play Adey, u sound like a spoilt little cvnt, who always get his own way!!

wat an idiot!!

Aratron
26-03-2007, 08:06 PM
who said I didn't liek acid techno... back in the day it was great. Its now 10 years later... move on and break some boundaries... or is that not what music is about? OK. Fair enough. Good for you.

hahaha

you obviously werent into it in the first place if you would rather listen to grimestep and such

26-03-2007, 08:24 PM
... i also hear that they are so underground that they nearly surfaced in australia last week...

heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

this is one of the best i heard this month

paulcortex
26-03-2007, 09:06 PM

never mind.

happy dayz.

who said its all about "selling records" ???

if u think acid is past it then u aint heard the new stuff thats about...enjoy your pigeon hole music!!!!

...acid has been around since the late 80's...i doubt if dubstep will be around in 3 years....max

...and take that from la bouche de chevaux ;)

Adey
26-03-2007, 09:23 PM
never heard the phrase "don't feed the troll"

you fackin muppet

Aratron
26-03-2007, 10:06 PM
never heard the phrase "don't feed the troll"

you fackin muppet

jesus who pissed on your popcorn?

fatcollective
26-03-2007, 10:16 PM
innit man, wat a total idiot!!

Si the Sigh
27-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Adey, your on a 2 day ban. I've asked you nicely. Sort yourself out. If you post here again with the attitude, your gone.

Si the Sigh
30-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Open again.

Play nicely...

conor256
30-03-2007, 01:20 PM

that is class music which im sure some of the acid fans on here love too ........ but lots of us still ove and play acid techno including some great tunes from 10 years ago...... and people at my gigs still go crazy when the tunes come on....... and some younger people are hearing this music for the first time and lovin' it

never mind.

happy dayz.

a hughe global phenomeon with high revenue..... does that make it comercial in the same way you describe Stay up Forever????/

i think more people are laughing at you mate than what laugh youre getting yerself......

i dont think that there's much harm in you winding people up on here...... but theres no need to call someone a ****in muppet......

fils_here
30-03-2007, 02:58 PM
i heard the other day that techno was dead...dunno what party they were at but it's ****in avin it here!!

Little_Fella!
30-03-2007, 11:26 PM
pah not a chance

just watch this vid from our last party to see that there are plenty of munters still really up for it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBjP01U6IBo

Paul Cortex played at that party n from various people I heard he rocked the place blind... his forte is Acid...

So as the thread title says... 'Acid Aint Dead'... is it :cool:

APC
31-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Blah Blah Blah I was there in 1998 and you all might not have been therefore my opinion is the definitive one yadda yadda yadda, oh and I like breakcore. Yeahmate. Breakcores good innit. Cutting edge. Just several folk banging two halves of coconut together and some guy with clogs on stamping his feet. Trustafari.

davethedrummer
02-04-2007, 01:23 PM
haha

davethedrummer
02-04-2007, 02:06 PM
i did write a long reply
then i erased it

rhythmtech
02-04-2007, 02:11 PM
i did write a long reply
then i erased it

how was the 12hour thing in brazil you lunatic???

Si the Sigh
02-04-2007, 02:20 PM
i did write a long reply
then i erased it

Safe.

digitalboy
02-04-2007, 09:02 PM
i quite like breakcore actually!.:cry:

DeDeH
02-04-2007, 10:10 PM
how was the 12hour thing in brazil you lunatic???

Not to bad from the dancefloor...not to say one of the best nights out ever, maybe...

Electro, Techno, Acid, Hard...Old and new tunes (obviously)...on Ableton and on Dex..it had it all.

Never heard anyone mixing Hydro 9 to Rage Against´s - "Killing in the name of" before.. that was.... funny actually.

You should all come down for the next one.

Heard they were setting up gigs for every 3 months. Is this true Henry?

parsley909
05-04-2007, 10:17 PM
well is it dead or not???

would have liked to hear your opinion Henry spesh as one of the crew is ya neighbour!

was a fat party mostly acid all night tinged with hard tech no and other types of techno but all in all lots of acid!

and been speaking to the wife yeah we both feal something is missing fro mnewer acid maybe it is over produced it misses that big warehouse sound

dark and echoing round the edges with industrial sounds

got get writting myself!

xes
10-04-2007, 10:39 PM
well is it dead or not???

would have liked to hear your opinion Henry spesh as one of the crew is ya neighbour!

same here (sept for the neighbour bit) I'd like to have read what you got to say. Mr The Drummer,you're one of the biggest names on the UK scene for hard techno and acid techno. I'm sure anything you had to say would have been poignient (is that the right word?)

Personally ,I don't think Acid is dead,it never will be either. So what,some people have "grown" out of it,moved on with their musical tastes,some people are happy where they are. Music just goes through phases,it always has done,always will.I remember a simular thread to these a few years ago on here,and then a few months later the obligatory "f*ck,acid ain't dead,check these tunes out" thread will come along.

Watch this space.

278d7e64a374de26f==