PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Electronic Music (house,techno,breaks ambient) For Digital Label

RDR
27-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi Folks.

I am in the process of starting a digital record label.

R3TOX DIGITAL RECORDINGS

We are looking for new artists to join us. The deal is non-exclusive and you as the artist will retain copyright and 100% of the royalties owed to you should your tune sell.

Firstly we are not doing something that you probably couldnt do on your own given the time.

We currently have tunes from 7 artists, including Phil Walls and possibly Pedro Delgardo on the label along with The Inspectors and some local lads producing quality tracks.

The music is being distributed digitally through digital-tunes.net each selling for £1, the artists get 75% of that and digital-tunes.net get the other 25%. Personally speaking i make nothing on this, I decided it was time to push forward into the 21st century and join the digital revolution.

The ethos of all this is that with digital distriubtion we can take risks on artists again, anything of good production values thats interesting to listen to is what we want to put out under the banner of R3TOX...

So, if you have any tracks you didnt get released because the distro's werent interested, but you personally LOVE and think needs an airing then give it to us, we'll put it up, give you promotional code for your myspace page, website etc and we can create a buzz again about good electronic music, rather than stuff with works the dancefloor...

Im hoping to liberate all that great music that was left on harddrives because labels wanted to make money rather than put out good music.

I hope you can all see where im coming from with this!

If you want to know more please dont hesitate to email me with questions!

Kind Regards

Chris Thornton

dan the acid man
27-03-2007, 03:01 PM
sounds like an excellent idea, get sending your material in folks

RDR
27-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Ooops

Forgot to say

My email is thornton_x (atttttttt) Hot mail (dottttttt) com

Or you can PM me through BOA

or..

R3TOX DIGITAL RECORDS
9 BULLER ST
SELBY
YO8 4BT
NORTH YORKSHIRE
ENGLAND

TA!

TechMouse
27-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Good work, northern types.

loopdon
27-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Very nice of you. I will see if i can finally get something sorted.

RDR
27-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Very nice of you. I will see if i can finally get something sorted.

YES PLEASE!!!! I like your music martin... please!!!

RDR
28-03-2007, 07:38 AM
88 views and only a few replies?

Cmon lurkers and regulars!!!!

Grenoybel
28-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Well, be sure if I make anything listenable, I'll drop you a line.

Best of luck with the label!

RDR
28-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Excellent! Thats more like it.

thanks

:)

AcidTrash
03-04-2007, 02:26 AM
I think you're in the wrong place. Don't reckon you'll find much of that here. Maybe over on psy-forum.co.uk ;)

RDR
03-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Why is that pete?

And why a psy trance forum (just out of interest?)

clodhoppa
03-04-2007, 02:30 PM
good luck with it mate. what with virusb-23 (probably the BEST net label there is for leftfield glitch etc) shutting down then there's a hole in the market i reckon.

and i might chime in we're still looking for vinyl to release at wuteva records too ;)

detfella
03-04-2007, 04:59 PM
good luck with it mate. what with virusb-23 (probably the BEST net label there is for leftfield glitch etc) shutting down then there's a hole in the market i reckon.

and i might chime in we're still looking for vinyl to release at wuteva records too ;)

shame, how come it shut down??

detfella
03-04-2007, 05:10 PM
btw..good luck with the label chris :D

RDR
04-04-2007, 11:57 AM
thanks detfella... id like to know why it shut down as well... thats not good.

TechMouse
04-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Sure it's a more complex beast than simple explanation, but from what Henry was saying it was just sheer time.

Apparently they were making enough money to keep the label going, but having trouble finding time for the basics (e.g. sleeping).

It's a shame, as it was a genuinely innovative and visionary label.

AcidTrash
04-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Why is that pete?

And why a psy trance forum (just out of interest?)

Clearly your sarcasm chip has been rerouted to conserve prosessor resources.

RDR
04-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Clearly your sarcasm chip has been rerouted to conserve prosessor resources.

:laughing: :laughing:

Yeah, both quad cores working on summat else. :cheese:

278d7e64a374de26f==