PDA

View Full Version : New Tune - Hikikomori

acos1
28-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Hey this is a new tune of made. Let me know what u think! U can listen and download it off my myspace. www.myspace.com/aaroncostelloe

Cheers,
Aaron!

BRADLEE
29-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Please post a direct link. I cannot view the myspace cause I'm at work. And I'm too damn poor for the net @ home. Yousendit.com links will work too.....

I will indeed leave feedback...

acos1
29-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Please post a direct link. I cannot view the myspace cause I'm at work. And I'm too damn poor for the net @ home. Yousendit.com links will work too.....

I will indeed leave feedback...

Cool dude!, here ya go!

http://www.yousendit.com/download/M3BtcmxYT2IzMWswTVE9PQ

loopdon
29-03-2007, 12:36 AM
Loving the melody and the tune alltogether. I love the bass that fades in shortly
at 4:26. And 2:xx. Nice trancy flavour in a good sense! Nice and moody tunage.

On the technical side i would either change the snare or at least pull the volume down on it. Maybe add some little syncopation on the snare inbetween as well:

Maybe pull the snare forward one step at times to take away from the static feel it has, like this perhaps:

X---X--xX---X

X= Kicks

x= Snare pulled forward one step

And/or put two snares on the last two steps of a bar, steps 15+16 i mean.

Great track, anyhow, though!!!

StoQ
29-03-2007, 08:42 PM
nice track dude; i like the melody innit, did u use absynth for this bright synth on the begining of bar???

BRADLEE
29-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Cool dude!, here ya go!

http://www.yousendit.com/download/M3BtcmxYT2IzMWswTVE9PQ

Thanks bro. Listening now. I'd say overall too man it sounds well nice. Clean sound quality, arrangement is nice, and overall track sounds very good. Think the kick could be slightly more in front of the mix, but all sounds well balanced as is too. Maybe a couple of intelligent little edits couldn't hurt here and there, but man realyl smooth tune. Not sure of the labels that take this kind of stuff, but I think somebody will want it.

Tyrisia
29-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Likin this, great beat and the synth line sounds pretty big and chunky, good stuff. Agree with Loopdon about the static-ness of the beat in the first part of the track, just some randomness with a snare or clap in a fill type fashion should sort this, like it when the pad comes in too.

Good work mate.

acos1
30-03-2007, 12:44 AM
Cheers lads for the pointers. Im gonna give it some litlle edits and play with the snare! Nice one dudes!

acos1
04-04-2007, 02:30 PM
nice track dude; i like the melody innit, did u use absynth for this bright synth on the begining of bar???

Yeah u cant beat absynth for those atmospheric synths

278d7e64a374de26f==