PDA

View Full Version : Loopdon - Tribalizm Vol.1

loopdon
29-03-2007, 12:05 AM
A little tribal workout from me. Inspired by Umek's 'Voices of Africa' series.

At least not only an unfinished loop this time, though it relies heavily on loops, hehe

Please leave me some comments.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ticdwa

BRADLEE
29-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Downloading Martin....I think i remember you telling me of this idea some time ago...

loopdon
29-03-2007, 12:25 AM
Yep, i am sure i did. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

I reckon it lends itself as a mix tool. I am working my way more into the arrangement aspect again. I must force myself. :)

Tyrisia
29-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Well I've just listened to this, I like the groove although I think it would benefit from a few more percussion loops to fill it out, maybe some more in the background with plenty of verb to add some depth. I think you need to look at your bass tho mate, as it sounds a bit weak on my monitors, layer another sub kik and turn the bass up a bit maybe with a sub on it.

I really hate to say this bit, as I know the whole idea revolves around it, but I don't like the vocal, it hasn't got the energy to carry the tune on it's own, and I think it drags a bit. I think tho it might work if the percussion was fuller and had some more drive to it, so it could be salvagable. Maybe try to cut it up a bit more into shorter sections if you can and play around with it a bit.

A good start tho, definitely work on puttin more energy in tho.

loopdon
29-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks, mate. Will try and incorporate the ideas. Tbh, the vocal(s) arent really up to much and i didn't cut them correctly. I was just happy having something a little more 'track' like. So there's lots of improvement possible here. So absolutely no hurt feelings here :)

StoQ
29-03-2007, 09:21 PM
mate to be honest: this vocal is to loud and im not sure it suits this track [maybe its me not likin such vocals?]
i agree it should have heavier bass . keep sequencin dude ... cheers

BRADLEE
29-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Martin,

To me all sounds are quite dry in presence. So perhaps just a touch more fx usage on some of those percs would be nice. Kick drum also needs to be perhaps a little bit heavier, and the bass could also do with a bit more oomph. Arrangement and such is fine in my opinion. But also not personally keen on the vox my friend. Sorry that this is so critical homie…not my intention. Just trying to be helpful as I know the amount of skills you have. So show these people what you really got ;)

loopdon
29-03-2007, 10:31 PM
I agree, absolutely, Brad. This tune was dead on arrival :)

I will try and do something better and invest A LOT more time in the sequencing process. This is what happens when you just throw some loops together...

Back to the drawing board, methinks!

Stoq, you are right as well.

278d7e64a374de26f==