PDA

View Full Version : BOA synth schematics

rhythmtech
30-03-2007, 02:39 AM
hi all,

been workin away like mad on this tonight..

heres what i have so far

- 3 osc, each with 5 waveform choices, fine tune & gain
- 3 moog style filters
- 3 slider adsr envelopes for controlling the moog filters

running into

slider adsr -> multi fx unit (echo, chorus, reverb, saturation & stereo enhancer) -> digital delay unit -> state variable filter (lp, hp, bp, br & pk) -> master

will get a rough version together later for someone to start on graphics

http://www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/BOAsynthschematics.jpg

rhythmtech
30-03-2007, 02:40 AM
the digital delay unit is a module from a demo synth so i'll be changing that around to have panned stereo outputs.

rhythmtech
30-03-2007, 02:45 AM
just realised that the multi fx unit is giving me serious problems with 3 attached units.. so i've slimmed it down to one with a drop down menu..

with the added digital delay this should be enough for most people?

rhythmtech
30-03-2007, 04:44 AM
version 1 without the graphics..

will work on some presets tomorrow

also cant quite figure out how to get the keyboard connected to the midi keyboard.. both work.. if you press the onscreen it waorks and it also receives data and plays notes from a remote 25.. but the onscreen keys dont depress... :whoops:

http://www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/BOA_DeStructor_v1.jpg

BloodStar
30-03-2007, 11:33 AM
nice one, man. is it already working fine? how hungry its on cpu?

me personally, I am missing some modulations, lfos,... + mono/poly switch.. but iits my tastes. would like to hear how it sounds,. cheers.

rhythmtech
30-03-2007, 01:55 PM
sound is still a little glitchy, but i have some new osc's that im gonna try on it today..

might cut it back to 2 osc aswell for stability. also the fx units need more work as they arent 100% yet.. if you run the 2 delays together they seem to cause an issue.

unfortunatly i have no LFO modules yet.. but there is a developers forum i've joined so i'll see if anyone has any built.

cpu is running around 6% at the moment jumping to 7.5 when the digital delay is used.. which isnt too bad at all.

BloodStar
30-03-2007, 02:35 PM
OK cool. I didnt try this outsim synthmaker so i am not too familiar with it, but from what i have heard, the plugins you made in it can be bit CPU hungry and can have problems with sound glitches and so. check for the latest version. is it 3.0, i think,.? but i am not sure.. As you said CPU is 6% which is ok. Maybe comparable to commercial stuff, even you can do much more with commercial.. but I dont want to be dishonest to your effort so go on, mate. Looking forward to hear this and will also grab the one you put in other thread. good good.

StoQ
02-04-2007, 08:30 AM
any chance to hear it?

rhythmtech
02-04-2007, 01:00 PM
im still working away at it.. have an updated version ready that i'll post for download later today

StoQ
02-04-2007, 01:55 PM
ok that's cool

278d7e64a374de26f==