PDA

View Full Version : cubase arrrrrggghhhhhh!!!!

messyfuture
05-11-2003, 07:15 PM
cubase v5 had a function called note on quantize,
i have just got a copy of sx and for some reason when i import midi files of old tracks of mine they do not drop exactly on the beat, it's a really small amount that they are out.
It sounds like when ur mixing records and one record needs pushed a little to get it in time that how little its out..........but the track does not sound right.
Anyway does anyone know the function in sx that is the same as note on quantize???
Or has anyone had a similar problem??

Col
05-11-2003, 08:15 PM
i havent used sx yet, so i dont know how to solve it.

but my mate had the same problem, so he went back to using cubase 5.

messyfuture
05-11-2003, 08:21 PM
i still use cubase 5 on my pc but i'm transfaring tracks for a live set to a laptop thats not mine with software (sx) that is confusing me.
the reason that i want to use sx is because its an orginal copy with a dongle and that and i thought that it might be more stable.
But for some reason the notes that are played in from midi seem to keep moving out of time
WHY???????

messyfuture
05-11-2003, 09:40 PM
alright got it sorted

DJZeMig_L
06-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Note on quantize still works U just have 2 set up the quantize behaviour and the quantize snap (most of times 16th) and them Menu Midi/ quantize... or just select the event's and hit Q key!

Please explain how u solved it as I am not quite sure I understand what the prob. was!!

Z

messyfuture
06-11-2003, 01:15 PM
ze
i have only statred using sx so i was not sure about how the sx menus and that worked,
got it fixed the way u mentioned
i was impoting loads of midi files for a live set that i'm working on and some of them looked like there were qunatized to 1/64 and they all were in slightly different postions(really weird, must have had something to do with the way i imported or i had done something i shouldnt have) and i did not know how to get them quantized quiclkly. but i do now !!! :lol:
cheers

DJZeMig_L
07-11-2003, 12:15 AM
Maybe u had some sort of groove/ shuffle on the original prog...

Z

DJZeMig_L
07-11-2003, 12:18 AM
Also U might have had a preference in the errrr preferences page that automatically quantizes the midi parts on import.. so the active quantize on importing would influence where the notes would land!

Z

messyfuture
07-11-2003, 01:14 PM
its all part of the joy of playing live and laptops :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==