PDA

View Full Version : ok...acid aint dead...where to now?

paulcortex
02-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Right...so...weve confirmed that acid aint dead...well....where would you all like acid to progress to?

...theres a big movement towards old skool sounding acid techno and straight acid music at the moment..so perhaps thats what the "punters" are after. ..minimal music and electro seems to be getting more and more use out of the 303 sound too...

what would be your ideal acid track????

..a stomping acid tech track eg Geezer/wah wah/s.u.f?

..a more progressive sounding acid track a la hardfloor acperience?

..minimal but hard edged acid track,rob acid stylee?

..proper old skool phuture/adonis/armando style analogue squiggler?

theres so much diverse stuff around at the moment...germany is churning em out again...and the tb 303's price rises are indicating that someone wants to use them for something...theres so many 303 clones around too...i guess the future is in our hards...the question is....where do you want to go???

rhythmtech
02-04-2007, 02:43 PM
i think there's room for every style in acid..

i couldnt say that one perticualr style is my favourite over any other..

there's plenty of room for secret hero/geezer/hardfloor etc along side paul cortex/a.p./rhythm technologies...

as long as everyone brings their own sound/style to the table then we've no problems

acid will survive - acid will stay alive... mwhahahahahah......

tOM B
02-04-2007, 06:14 PM
i think there's room for every style in acid..

i couldnt say that one perticualr style is my favourite over any other..

there's plenty of room for secret hero/geezer/hardfloor etc along side paul cortex/a.p./rhythm technologies...

as long as everyone brings their own sound/style to the table then we've no problems

acid will survive - acid will stay alive... mwhahahahahah......

I'm with you there baz, i think the important thing is that people keep evolving there own sound. When i play a set i don't want a load of records that sound like each other i want variation: techy bits, trancier bits, progressive, full on, glitchy etc etc

I'd like to see acid techno drawing from musical influences accross the board not just trying to be a clone of [insert artist here]. I think it's great to see new blood coming into a lot of the london labels and hopefully it will be the breath of fresh air that i feel is needed to give acid techno that kick up the ass to become more intersting to punters again

Everything works in cycles i think we're on the upward curve again ..... bring it on :devil:

AcidTrash
02-04-2007, 10:00 PM
I'd like to see the vinyl industry finished off. I know it's ace and we all love it but it has a strangle hold on our genre meaning that only the people with more money than sense can get their tunes played.

rhythmtech
02-04-2007, 11:46 PM
not at all.. thats a stupid statement.

i have no money but managed to get financial backing on the strength of the tunes and now the label is about to release..

fat collective boys are hardly rolling in the cash either but they've managed to group together what they have, get the management support from suf collective and do it too..

also the more established labels are releasing our stuff too.. so the tunes ARE being played.

where theres a will theres a way.

AcidTrash
03-04-2007, 01:14 AM
It just seems that way when I can disappear off the scene for two years and the first acid DJ I hear is playing shit I was bored of when I could be bothered with it all.

And lets face it up until recently Acid techno was really scraping the bottom of the barrel for inspiration. On reflection I stick by my original statement. The vinyl media is what keeps the scene so static.

I know you have to be hella motivated to get your stuff on vinyl and that deserves the rewards but it's still a case of everyone feeding from the same trough.

A change of media would open it right up.

rhythmtech
03-04-2007, 03:36 PM
It just seems that way when I can disappear off the scene for two years and the first acid DJ I hear is playing shit I was bored of when I could be bothered with it all.

And lets face it up until recently Acid techno was really scraping the bottom of the barrel for inspiration. On reflection I stick by my original statement. The vinyl media is what keeps the scene so static.

I know you have to be hella motivated to get your stuff on vinyl and that deserves the rewards but it's still a case of everyone feeding from the same trough.

eh? digital downloads?

AcidTrash
03-04-2007, 03:46 PM
eh? digital downloads?

Absolutely.

rhythmtech
03-04-2007, 03:49 PM
but digital is already an available medium..

and the sufcollective are more available than a lot of labels

APC
04-04-2007, 01:35 PM

Are you Pete North by any chance?

rhythmtech
04-04-2007, 01:38 PM

:laughing: :laughing: is he that obvious?

APC
04-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I just had to double check that I had deleted his mixes that I used to have on me pc. I had. So everythings good. I can't abide wasting perfectly good HD space. Incidently, I just found a Paul Cortex set from a Munt party a while back. There's always room for that.

rhythmtech
04-04-2007, 01:48 PM
, I just found a Paul Cortex set from a Munt party a while back. There's always room for that.

that there is :)

post it up my good man.. or a linky :mrmyagi:

AcidTrash
04-04-2007, 02:01 PM

And who might you be?

APC
04-04-2007, 02:04 PM
And who might you be?

One of your Squatjuice fans.

APC
04-04-2007, 02:05 PM
that there is :)

post it up my good man.. or a linky :mrmyagi:

http://www.tribeofmunt.co.uk/Music/PaulCortex18-3-06.mp3

Winner!

rhythmtech
04-04-2007, 02:09 PM
http://www.tribeofmunt.co.uk/Music/PaulCortex18-3-06.mp3

Winner!

sound as m8

AcidTrash
04-04-2007, 02:10 PM
One of your Squatjuice fans.

Oh I see. Nuff said.

DannyBlack
04-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Acid techno exites me no end.

force
04-04-2007, 02:55 PM

What, exactly do you mean by 'I can disappear off the scene for two years'?

Are you implying it all fell apart cos you weren't there?

paulcortex
04-04-2007, 05:32 PM
The munt set was a live experiment...more straight acid and 303 squiggelyness, still got the tracks somewhere....forgot about them actually lol

speed-it-up
04-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Rob Acid is one of the few producers whose tunes i would buy nowadays

I like the Binary Basslines stuff as it is a bit different to mix down

in my opinion over reliance by certain uk labels on a handful of producers stifled the scene years ago and we are still paying the penalty

lets hope the new blood coming through can deliver the goods

paulcortex
04-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Ha Ha...just listened to the mix...wtf happened with the bass haha...oh well thats live sets for ya...if anyone has soulseek let me know...got all of my live sets on there and loads of production samples/tools ;)

anode
05-04-2007, 10:24 AM
more tripped out acid! that's what acid should be.

278d7e64a374de26f==