PDA

View Full Version : Agent Orange & Becka April.07.07 @ Torn De Nit & AO New Special Session for download!

Agent Orange NYC
04-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Session:
**Agent Orange "Dream What You Want" - Tribal Dancefloor meets Tribal History**

This session/project is a tribute to ancient musical instruments, those which are traditional to Armenia and the Middle East. Specifically the Duduk, Srink, Kemenche, Oud, Dumbeg, Dhol, Flutes, Uillean Pipes & Voice. I used these instruments to create many deep atmospheric breakdowns where the beautiful and smooth sounds of these instruments really stand out. These breakdowns then build up into heavy, percussive, modern day, tribal techno dancefloor grooves, which brings the ancient uniquely and powerfully in touch with the new.

The mix is mainly centered around the Duduk, a very traditional Armenian Oboe-like instrument, and my favorite by far. It has human voice like qualities and it gives me the chills every time I hear it. It's made in Armenia from the base of the Apricot tree. Although I am not that good yet ;], I played along with one of the small Duduk parts myself, as well as a few of the Dumbeg parts.

There are still not to many producers making records in this style so I had to make some of my own original songs and improvise the rest. The first song is one of my originals called "Armenian Gansta." It sets the mood for the rest of the mix.

Click Here To Download (www.gothamgrooves.net/Agent_Orange_dream_what_you_want.mp3)

Thank you and Enjoy! I want to hear people's feedback so I can decided if I should continue to develop this sound further. Drop some feedback if you'd like.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat. April 7th 2007
Agent Orange & Becka @ Torn De Nit - Tarragona, Spain

http://www.gothamgrooves.net/images/TDN.jpg

Si the Sigh
05-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Sounds like an interesting idea. Downloading now, will check it out and give some feedback later.

Cheers for the link. :)

Si the Sigh
05-04-2007, 09:05 AM
This is superb! None of these tracks would sound out of place on Ingoma IMO. Great stuff. :)

justin schumacher
07-04-2007, 03:14 AM
just skimmed through this real quick and it is sounding really interesting. once i get this on the ipod and give it a full listen front to back, i will give better feedback.

glad to see your heavy on the grind bro..... all the best from the metropolis

Numeric
11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
'tis a nice set this, really solid tribal grooves...

xfive
11-04-2007, 08:59 PM
This looks cool Ara, great idea.
I'm gonna snag it and give it a listen ;)

The Overfiend
12-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Sharmutes

278d7e64a374de26f==