PDA

View Full Version : Siege - Manoeuvre

Siege
06-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Need some fresh ears on this ive just finished or nearly.......posted it on here a bit back in its early stages but now sounds a lot diffrent as ive filled it out and added a diffrent sub etc....looking for feedback on production mainly but any sort of abuse more than welcome! cheers

http://213.129.73.14/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF11C4107943.mp3

loopdon
07-04-2007, 01:55 AM
Very nice. Nifty little edits and sweet production. Maybe put a little reverb on the hats, they stick out a tad bit. Perhaps bring in the big reverbed ''OOH-Stab'' a little later and possibly dop it out inbetween for a few bars. I'd try and whack in psycho break with some haunted vocals or so. I think a little beatless break would fit in nicely. Absolutely wicked as it is, though!

Siege
07-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks a lot mate! il have a look regarding the hats...dont really wanna add a drop in this one as ive done that on my last few tunes...wanna vary my trk structures. thanx again,much appreciated!

BRADLEE
10-04-2007, 12:45 AM
Man.... again i really don't have any other comments then really good shit here. Has sort of a nice cross genre feel and sound to it. Could be rocked in a dark where house or even a club man. Soundwise all seems very well in place. no complaints on this end mate.

force
11-04-2007, 12:04 AM
very nice work dude! Lots of good spacing and definition with all the elements. Would've liked to hear something to break it up a bit, but really enjoyed it none the less.

Siege
12-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Hey, thanks guys...glad u like it.. appreciate the feedback, helps a lot.
cheers

stjohn
12-04-2007, 12:40 PM
sorry Cal, i checked this the other day and forgot to comment. once again, right up my alley in terms of wobbily funk, with a moody edge!! the edits work sweet and you can tell you spent alot of time going through the track.

production: every is nice and beefy, and the sub is a monster, nice1!!! you could maybe brighten the top end a bit, by a bit of eq on the final mixdown... maybe try some Linear Phase EQ, like Waves Lin EQ or something, so you wont mess with the alignment of the existing sounds. It can be nice for some subtle boosting in the hi & lo areas.

all in all tho i deffo play this baby, and you can be damn sure it would do some floor damage, great work man , keep it up

Siege
13-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Thanx for listening rory...il try the eq u mentioned for the top end.. thanx again,appreciate it

StoQ
13-04-2007, 07:45 PM
nice track mate. really likin this type of bassline that works well with this synth in background. nice set of sounds. cant really comment production cuz im on speakers at the moment. keep beats rockin!!!

Tyrisia
13-04-2007, 10:07 PM
This is a great track, love the little blippy synths and edits, it's got great attention to detail as has already been said, and the kik and bass sit so well together, defo better than when you first posted it a while back. Production is very impressive, all those sounds and no clutter, it's top notch, wish it had a break tho, but that's just my opinion. Great work!!

Mindful
14-04-2007, 09:11 PM
When I first heard this Cal I thought the same about it needing a break, but it would totaly work in a set as is im sure, verb on the hats would be good ya but only subtle like i think.
Your production is getting tighter and tighter[twat]

cool track kind off tuff but dark but clubbish but funky but wobbly but not.

Siege
14-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Haha...cheers ste, u slut.

clodhoppa
17-04-2007, 04:34 PM
i really like this. i wouldn't suggest a break, but i reckon theres a couple of 16 bar bits you could drop the bass out of to lift the pressure a little, without losing any of the drive the piece has.

also, you have a really distinct intro, but no outro, it stops a bit suddenly for me personally, maybe start dropping out elements 68 bars before to give a really fluid mix point.

overall, really nice. had me grooving in me office chair!

Siege
17-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Cheers matey...i suppose i could drop out the bass somewhere like u said..as for the outro..i wanted this to be quite a short trk as my others have all been round the 7min mark...i hear what u saying regarding the mix point,but i think once uve heard the trk,and how it ends, mixing into it wouldnt be a problem.
thanx again for the feedback.

montydj
17-04-2007, 07:03 PM
This is not my style Techno but i appreciate all your edits sounds like you have worked hard at it all and i like your darks stabs but i have this feeling that i am waiting for something to happen and it never does so i would put a drop on this and bring in a brand new sound which would make me feel i have arrive somewhere,nice track nice mix down everything is clear and not muddy...

acos1
18-04-2007, 01:39 AM
This is exactly the type of techno im playin at the moment. Killer track man! Thumbs up! :)

Siege
18-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Monty.....hey,no worries mate...cant please everyone.
acos1.....thanx a lot! glad u like it too.

The Divide
18-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Really good, the arrangement and rhythm sections are flawless. I think it could do with top end as it’s a bit muffled I think, especially percussion at the start

The Divide
18-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Apart from that, thumbs up

DannyBlack
19-04-2007, 02:53 PM
i like this alot. nice work man.

Siege
19-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Thanx again guys..very nice to hear such positive comments...
tweaked the topend a little, sounds better. cheers

Siege
19-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanx again guys..nice to hear such positve comments..
tweaked the top a little..sounds better. cheers

Siege
19-04-2007, 05:41 PM
posted twice..DOH!!

278d7e64a374de26f==