PDA

View Full Version : Cubase Sx

Karl
07-11-2003, 12:16 AM
Havin problems with Cubase Sx im half way through a tune and its started
to freeze or crash when i go to play it back. I have a 1 gig Pentium 3 processor and 288megs of RAM,so i didnt think id have this bad of a problem. Is there some way of freeing up RAM or is there anything i can do cause its really annoying????

Cheers

Karl

zigojacko
07-01-2004, 11:36 PM
ho ho ho m8ey... Cubase uses an absolute staggering amount of memory on ya p.c... do achieve the best results from Cubase's best performance you really do need an excellent machine with top specifications...

You can free up memory and disk space using the common windows utilities tools and compress and defrag the hard drive but it is unlikely that will improve the perfomance of Cubase a great deal... looks like you'll be upgrading d00d! hehehe ;)

I currently have Cubase SX but my operating system is currently Windows ME and it aint compatable on that so after the right version - lol...

have to say though, if you can get your hear around the complexation of Cubase, then you will find it an excellent piece of muzic software... luv it!

EmotionComplex
07-01-2004, 11:53 PM
288megs of RAM

that might be your problem there if youve got a fair bit to your track, ive been using sx for a while now on a 384mb p4 and im just managing to get by, im after a gig this year and probobly a new pc.

If you can get into the track without it freezing before youve played it id recomend sending some of the vst tracks to audio tracks then remove the instrument and free up some resources, i dont know how you work but if your applying any vst effects allong with instruments running that can have a big impact on system resources, i usualy get my whole track down dry then send each track to audio then start a new file for the audio mixdown then apply any effects i want there etc.

SlavikSvensk
29-02-2004, 01:50 AM
yep...i have 512 ram and if i run absynth or fm7 on top of cubase and reason, it crashes.

as for improving performance, try increasing the size of your vram and if you are using xp, adjust visuals to best performance rather than best appearance.

gustavo
02-03-2004, 04:29 AM
http://www.musicxp.net/

gustavo
02-03-2004, 04:33 AM
+

if u put here a complete list of yr software(audio plg ins etc)and hardware it will b easier 4 some1 2 hlp

(alongside a better prob descript.)

Antinoise
11-03-2004, 05:56 AM
Cubase has a Trance filter... So if your making music that has any trance sounds it automatically crashes, freezes, blows up.. etc..!!

:twisted: MOHAAAAA.. :evil:

Kidding.....emmmm.. OK.. I'll go bad to the techno fourn now... :eh:

Barely Human
11-03-2004, 08:30 AM
If your running sx2, click the freeze button next to your vst. This will render in to a wave and free up resorces. Oh, and get more ram ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==