PDA

View Full Version : audio problem

lau
09-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Sup boys and gals....

Ive got this problem and have no clue what to do to fix it....

so heres the problem... I recently bought a new soundcard a Fireface 400 before this one I had a m-audio delta.... anyways since ive installed the new soundcard my audio has got loads of glitches... when playing a track in quicktime I hear glitches as soon as I move a window, open a new program or do basically anything...

it gets even worse once I start making music in ableton.. I get glitches all the time... Ive installed the latest drivers, but that didnt make any difference...

Has anyone got an idea on how to solve this problem.. I know shit about pc's... I think it has enough power to run the card without any problem.. but it just doesnt.... btw the card runs on firewire... I had the same problem with my m-audio but when I unplugged my external (usb) harddrive it got less, or even stoped....

ait..

hope you can help me out...

TechMouse
09-04-2007, 11:02 PM
How much of a pain would it be for you to do a clean Windows install?

Sounds messy, but if your machine was all configured for a particular soundcard and you've moved to a different one, you might benefit from a fresh system.

Plus - what sort of Firewire interface are you using? Is it built-in? PCI? You might just want some new drivers for that.

dan the acid man
09-04-2007, 11:52 PM
could you post up the specs of your pc too?

RDR
10-04-2007, 08:19 AM
i suspect its related to the firewire bus.

check the user forums for similar problems laurens.

Miromiric
10-04-2007, 10:13 AM
can you post back here if you find the solution? a friend of mine bought the same card and has the exactly same problem. did a clean win installation, but, alas, it did not help.

lau
10-04-2007, 04:40 PM
wel boys and girls... I havent found the solution yet.... as for reinstalling windows... I already consider my day to be succesfull when I find the power button on my pc.... Might want to call in some help from some friends there....

I have installed the latest drivers, windows gave me the message the file wasnt working on windows and could generate problems with windows ( duhhh what doesnt, if it doesnt make Bill a dollar it doesnt work..) anyways.. maybe this time the message was right....

So is there anything like a general driver for my firewire port?? One that is not related to the hardware I use...???

any help very much appreciated... Think the specs of my pc should be good enough.. think its a 3.4 gig AMD Athlon, 2 mb internal.... I just stick the firewire-wire in the back of the pc...

When I find something ill post it here...

btw I got my drivers from http://www.rme-audio.com/

ai...

278d7e64a374de26f==