PDA

View Full Version : JOY @ Mint, Leeds, May Bank holidays, JOEY BELTRAM / ALAN OLDHAM + More

Kells
09-04-2007, 11:22 PM
JOY @ The Mint Club, Leeds.

BANK HOLIDAY SPECIALS

SUNDAY 6TH MAY &

SUNDAY 27TH MAY

There is two special JOY party’s for may, Part 1 welcomes back one of our favorite guest’s from last year, he is without doubt one of the most iconic figures in the techno scene and a firm fave @ Joy. JOEY BELTRAM returns once again, this time with his TRESOR ALBUM LAUNCH.
This will be the only UK date out of the European tour and if you made the last party with Joey in October @ mission, you will already know how special the event was, if you missed out last time for whatever reason, here is your chance to catch him rock the Joy Technics once again

You seriously need to check this Video of Joey in action…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvXEjZi_Hxs

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5185/leedsjoeyb06xd2.jpg

BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAY 6TH MAY

JOEY BELTRAM – Tresor album launch party
MARK TURNER
KELLS&TOTS
MISSPERCEPTION (Live)
CAINE BROWN

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3523/joyflyerapril07myspacera1.gif

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8738/joyflyerfeb07bmyspacemm3.gif

BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAY 27TH MAY

Part 2 of the Bank Holiday fracas welcomes one of Detroit’s legendary techno DJ/producers, DJT 1000 aka ALAN OLDHAM will be making a very rare UK appearance for this special party
Alan will need no introduction to the more discerning electronical music fan, but if you are not familiar with him or what he has done, here is a few words on what this guy is all about.

Alan Oldham,
Detroit Metro Times and Mixworks 20/20 Award-winning international techno DJ born and raised in Detroit, now living in Chicago. Known aliases: DJ T-1000, X-313, Signal to Noise Ratio, Detroitrocketscience, Hardsignal, The Inside and more. Electronic musician best known for his Tresor Berlin album "Progress." First-ever UR "Assault DJ." Early alliance with Submerge. Owner of the Generator label (which put out the first Marco Passarani and Sean Deason records), as well as Pure Sonik Records and my new CD-only label xfive.
He has also been featured and quoted in such books as "The Rough Guide to Techno," "Techno Rebels," "Beats," "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life," "Djax-Up-Beats: The Power of the Underground," "Localizer 1.0", and Japan's "Techno: Black Machine Music and Galactic Soul," and "Techno Disc Guide."
He is also featured in the films "High Tech Soul," "Tresor: The Vault," and had a recent feature in "Slices" DVD magazine. As an illustrator.
He worked for label clients Transmat, Djax-Up-Beats, Astralwerks, +8, New Religion and many others.

For his full Biography check his myspace page @ www.myspace.com/blackmanfromthefuture

And there is a cool video and set from the man here:
http://www.digitalsweatshop.blogspot.com/

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/628/l85b57d5ec6266211832a60wn8.gif

We also wecome yet another regular Orbit DJ, Ignition Technition on his first appearance @ Joy.

Check his music and Biography @ www.myspace.com/ignitiontechnician

And back again its orbit legend Jon Nuckle with a special Live set accompanied by Hacienda superstar Jon Da Silva plus the other usual Joy residents

DJT 1000 aka ALAN OLDHAM
IGNITION TECHNITION
JON DA SILVA
JON NUCKLE
KELLS&TOTS
MARK ANTHONY

Info for all events:

Doors open 10pm till 5AM

Admission; £10

INFO: 07866 542 640

www.myspace.com/joy_kells

The Joy resident DJ's for all events at The mint Club are: Jon Da Silva, Kells & Tots, Jon Nuckle, Missperception and Caine Brown with regular appreances from Mark Turner and Iain Dawson.

tots
16-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Ding Dang Do!another couple a bangers!

tots
16-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Heres a DJT1000 mix from 2002.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/w16fkq

...Dave...
17-04-2007, 10:12 AM
fair doos.

looks like i might have to rethink my bank holiday now though.

no missing joey though:cheese:

nice one guys:;

Kells
17-04-2007, 06:31 PM
fair doos.

looks like i might have to rethink my bank holiday now though.

no missing joey though:cheese:

nice one guys:;

Joey was awesome last time he played, im really lookin forward to his return

hope we aint messed your plans up too much hehehe :)

...Dave...
18-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Joey was awesome last time he played, im really lookin forward to his return

hope we aint messed your plans up too much hehehe :)

yea i was there:cheese: had the set in the car too ever since you posted it. great night:)

Kells
18-04-2007, 11:53 PM
yea i was there:cheese: had the set in the car too ever since you posted it. great night:)

Thats good to hear..

ill be uploading the mixes from the last 2 events soon, Cold Dust and Gayle San... :)

tots
20-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Your the upload king Kellzie!

www.myspace/tots_joy

Kells
01-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Response has been HUGE for this coming weekend, if anyone is wanting to be included on the guest list just send me your full names in a PM as soon as you can

:)

Technobitch
02-05-2007, 10:53 AM
hope all goes well, if its anything like the last time he was there im sure it will :;

ill be in wales thoguh so im guna have to miss it sorry

Kells
02-05-2007, 06:17 PM
hope all goes well, if its anything like the last time he was there im sure it will :;

ill be in wales thoguh so im guna have to miss it sorry

Hey you hope your well, shame you cant make it would have been good to see you out,
ironically we have just had 10 people call from wales to be put on the guest list, so i thought they mights have been your mates..

Technobitch
02-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Hey you hope your well, shame you cant make it would have been good to see you out,
ironically we have just had 10 people call from wales to be put on the guest list, so i thought they mights have been your mates..

some prob are mate, any called mackie by any chance? i know a few going. it will no doubt be a wicked night. cant see me and me pink wellies fitting in tough:laughing:

do doubt cross paths soon though, need to get you boyz to manc init !!

tots
04-05-2007, 10:22 PM
some prob are mate, any called mackie by any chance? i know a few going. it will no doubt be a wicked night. cant see me and me pink wellies fitting in tough:laughing:

do doubt cross paths soon though, need to get you boyz to manc init !!Do the names Daz Barker or Mark Malcharek ring a bell?

...Dave...
06-05-2007, 01:04 PM
i'm coming from wales too:cheese:

not missing joey.:cheese:

Kells
06-05-2007, 01:21 PM
i'm coming from wales too:cheese:

not missing joey.:cheese:

hehe, good on you, jus off to pick the man himself up now,
we have got people coming from all over the UK, loads from london, and even some from scotland, madness

anyhow, see you soon, have a safe drive over

...Dave...
06-05-2007, 01:50 PM
hehe, good on you, jus off to pick the man himself up now,
we have got people coming from all over the UK, loads from london, and even some from scotland, madness

anyhow, see you soon, have a safe drive over

ta. u got my pm?

Aratron
06-05-2007, 03:13 PM
ta. u got my pm?

yeah, he'll be wearing the pink carnation outside the woolworth's bogs

Kells
06-05-2007, 06:38 PM
ta. u got my pm?

Jus got it now

your all on the list

see you soon :)

dan the acid man
06-05-2007, 08:08 PM
might be able to make this one tonight, off to a birthday bbq in a min, but gonna ask around see if anybodies up for the mission over.

278d7e64a374de26f==