PDA

View Full Version : Man United vs Roma

Numeric
10-04-2007, 12:34 PM
massive game tonight at Old Trafford, we're gonna be missing Scholes obviously, not sure how i'd want us to line-up to be honest...

i have a feeling Fletcher is gonna be involved though...

there's the option to play Giggs in the centre with Carrick, Cristiano on the left and Fletcher on the right, or just player Fletcher in the middle and let everyone else take their usual places...

i hope Smithy starts...

c'mon United!!

LittleMinx
10-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Gonna be a hard game for us no doubt about that, just hope our performance is better than last games that has been played:whoops:

c'mon United

basslinejunkie
10-04-2007, 01:05 PM
goodbye. out you go. ;)

LittleMinx
10-04-2007, 01:09 PM
goodbye. out you go. ;)

out u bloody go :laughing: :briggin: :;

DJ RE:HAB
10-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Will be a toughie this one... Reckon u might need an early goal to get ontop of things. But with Scholes out u could be in trouble, i dont really rate Fletcher at all nowhere near good enuff to be in the utd squad. He reminds me of a cross between Uncle Albert from Steptoe and Son and Shaggy from Scoobedoo..

Anyhow wouldnt like to say the result of this one, but i reckon it could be adios the Champions League for this year and little dick scholesy its your fault...

Esox Lucius
10-04-2007, 01:38 PM
whilst in the cafe this morning purchasing a breakfast bin lid i was reading the vile paper that is the daily mail, they said the 5000 away tickets had mainly gone to the roma 'right wing' ultras.?????

anyone who knows their footy know that lazio have the right wing ultra's, roma fans are generally left wing.

nothing to do with the game tonight like but there you go.

Insomnia
10-04-2007, 02:07 PM
This should be a belter of a game, Man U chasing a goal early and trying to defend as if Roma get an away goal it will have a huge impact on the game, looking forward to this, should be a class match.....:cheese:

FILTERZ
10-04-2007, 03:14 PM
CMON ROMA

i have one of their shirts at home and shall be wearing it tonight as Man u get stuffed (hopefully) .

Will
10-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Let's hope! I think I'll be flicking between both games for this one, hopefully both English teams will go out.

Numeric
10-04-2007, 03:47 PM
...hopefully both English teams will go out.

:laughing:

lukekendall
10-04-2007, 03:51 PM
i think both english teams will go out!!

id like man u to go through tho cant see it hapening, got a few key players out

Esox Lucius
10-04-2007, 05:03 PM
i think the mancs can go through easily, all they need is one goal and then if need be defend their arse off the rest of the game.

Esox Lucius
10-04-2007, 05:06 PM
i can see valencia doing the zionist scum though, lets hope so anyway.

Insomnia
10-04-2007, 08:29 PM
That was some hell of a start from Man u, 3-0 in 20 minutes, nearly half time have they done enough or will Roma get a couple.........:ohdear:

Insomnia
10-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Chelsea 1-0 down away to Valencia, they have a hard job now as Valencia have an away goal from the first game!! :cheese: :laughing:

Man U score again 4-0!!! :ohdear:

LittleMinx
10-04-2007, 08:37 PM
we are on fire, gonna be a few more goals i reckon yet!! :cheese:

xes
10-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Great first half performance,took them to bits and back again. Quality viewing.

LittleMinx
10-04-2007, 08:58 PM
man of the match is defo going to ronaldo

Insomnia
10-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Chelsea have levelled, the buggers!! :grr:

LittleMinx
10-04-2007, 09:10 PM
6-0 for man u now

FILTERZ
10-04-2007, 09:35 PM
CMON ROMA

i have one of their shirts at home and shall be wearing it tonight as Man u get stuffed (hopefully) .

bollox , thats my shirt in the bin, lol

LittleMinx
10-04-2007, 09:40 PM
bollox , thats my shirt in the bin, lol

LittleMinx
10-04-2007, 09:42 PM
:dance: :bigsmile:

amazing :cheese:

Insomnia
10-04-2007, 09:51 PM
AC Milan or B Munich next not easy but after tonight i dont think Man U should be scared of anyone!!

Chelsea sneak through the jammy sods, i'm sure Liverpool wont lose 4 goals tomorrow night and will kick Chelsea's ass in the semi final! :cheese:

digitalboy
10-04-2007, 09:54 PM
holy shit thats some score!:cheese:

Esox Lucius
10-04-2007, 09:59 PM
great game to watch :cheese: well in united, **** me cristiano is amazing.

nick_anarchy
10-04-2007, 10:01 PM
a walk in the park !! what a game we took the piss !! BIG TIME !!! from start to finish we had control of the game it was to easy hehe made a right show of the so called "2nd best team in italy " they were shit !! well we made them look shit hehe ... hahahah 7-1 its unreal

Ronaldo shows why he is the best player in the world at the moment

bye bye roma. And they said they would show us how to play tonite !!

**** off roma **** off roma !!

LittleMinx
10-04-2007, 10:02 PM
great game to watch :cheese: well in united, **** me cristiano is amazing.

Man of the match i reckon :)

he is amazin, he was excellent 2nite!!

Just seen on the news its all kicking off outside the ground! :whoops:

nick_anarchy
10-04-2007, 10:04 PM
o and will & everyone who said we would go out tonite , eating your words now hey .. and in style too ;)

chelsea - utd final

nick_anarchy
10-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Man of the match i reckon :)

he is amazin, he was excellent 2nite!!

Just seen on the news its all kicking off outside the ground! :whoops:

Good its about time then roma fans got what is coming to them ... all they do is kick off with the english fans .. happened with liverpool & now utd .. all they can do is stab fans in the ass haha , i hope their plane blows up on the way back and we kill every dirty scaby roma fan in manchester

Esox Lucius
10-04-2007, 10:07 PM
nah united - liverpool final i want.

xes
10-04-2007, 10:09 PM
personally,I think united were lucky tonight,it was a close game :cheese:

LittleMinx
10-04-2007, 10:26 PM
personally,I think united were lucky tonight,it was a close game :cheese:

How the hell was we lucky we played very good the night!! :)

xes
10-04-2007, 10:27 PM
How the hell was we lucky we played very good the night!! :) I know,I was trying to be controversial. :ohdear:

LittleMinx
10-04-2007, 10:28 PM
I know,I was trying to be controversial. :ohdear:

i know you was hun, btw what does controversial mean :laughing:

fatcollective
10-04-2007, 10:43 PM
holy fvck, every single player played amazing...wat a fvckin game!!

come on you fvckin reeeeeds!!!

Numeric
10-04-2007, 10:46 PM
awesome performance from United, they did us proud, words fail me...

if we play like that in the next round there's no stopping us, and it doesn't matter if it's Chelsea or Liverpool in the final, we'll desptach any team...

this is just the tonic United needed, we can go on the rampage now...

the treble is on!!

LittleMinx
10-04-2007, 10:49 PM

if we play like that in the next round there's no stopping us, and it doesn't matter if it's Chelsea or Liverpool in the final, we'll desptach any team...

the treble is on!!

The treble is defo on :cheese:

dan the acid man
10-04-2007, 11:43 PM
yeah mant utd played some great football tonight, was a pleasure to watch some stunning fluid movement

weekender_veteran
11-04-2007, 03:55 AM
i think the mancs can go through easily, all they need is one goal and then if need be defend their arse off the rest of the game.

manyoo were manc's one day, but they arnt anymore!

hate all this "manchester" bollox!! refering to manyoo.

they arnt even manx!!!!!
only 1 team IN! manchester, and that is "gods own team" manchester city!

french_og
11-04-2007, 07:49 AM
That was an awesome performance fair play, Man Utd showed how to play against these European teams which is to give them no time on the ball. Smith and Ronaldo from the 1st whistle chased and closed down the defenders and set the tempo. Carrick was class and it was nice to see the 1st three goal scorers were all English!! Thought Alan Smith had a brilliant game, had some nice touches and passes and a top goal. Ronaldo was brilliant although was surprised how much time and space Roma gave him.

lukekendall
11-04-2007, 07:58 AM
hate to say it but unt were amazing last night, defo one of the games of the season!

they ripped roma apart!! i did think though after 4.0 it looked like Roma gave up!!

everyone seems to be praising ronaldo but id say giggs was the best player on the pitch, he had a hand in all the first 4 goals i think!? great team play by the old sheep shagger!!! but saying that fletcher had a amazing game too and smithy, the whole team really!!

chelsea on the other hand!!!?!?! is there anyone as jammy as them!!!!!

Esox Lucius
11-04-2007, 08:55 AM
liverpool will knock chelski out.

basslinejunkie
11-04-2007, 09:11 AM
****,what can i say........

hopefully see you in the final

french_og
11-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Chelsea deserved to win last night, 2nd half Valencia wasn't in the game and Canavares had a blinder in goal.

Should be a interesting Semi Final between them and Liverpool - the old rivalry!

basslinejunkie
11-04-2007, 09:20 AM
imagine tho if it was a liverpool man u final......

i think itd get nasty whoever lost with the crowds,but still,its the dream final

nick_anarchy
11-04-2007, 09:52 AM
imagine tho if it was a liverpool man u final......

i think itd get nasty whoever lost with the crowds,but still,its the dream final

not half right man ... it would be the game to end all english fans i think ...

iv spoke with a few liverpool fans and they said the same as me , they would prefure to get beat in the semi and not face utd in the final as if they lost would never live it down ... and ame with utd fans ...

if it happens utd will win one again ... 1-0 last min ronaldo ;) o how nice would that be hehe

basslinejunkie
11-04-2007, 10:10 AM
where a diffrent team in europe,everyone knows that.but im not gona start blabbing on,we've both gota get to the final yet!

BloodStar
11-04-2007, 10:23 AM
great play by man u yesterday. I really enjoyed it when switching between Valencia-Chelsea to ManU-Roma. The best man on the field was Ronaldo cunt. Also Carrick scored two nice goals. esp the second one was the business.

Valencia-chelsea. hmm. I really dont like how chelsea plays lately,. very rubbish in the midfield,. Valencia deserved to win the match, imo. even the second half was better for chelsea.

phantomdj
11-04-2007, 10:29 AM
hope bayern munich go through and hammer united.....

then it's a liverpool bayern final and we can beat them again .... playing english teams in europe is boring....

phantomdj
11-04-2007, 10:34 AM

the treble is on!!

bollox mate, roma were shit....

you didnt do that against us this season because we dont let you, so dont get cocky because of one game.....

arsenal hammered us this season and we hammered them..... anything can happen....

portsmouth? .... remember you play as well as the other team lets you.... and the fact you never put in a performance like last night against Liverpool means something blindingly obvious....

Numeric
11-04-2007, 12:14 PM
yeah we still beat your s**te though didn't we...

everyone was on their game last night, we just need to try to replicate last nights performance now in the league, FA Cup and remaining European fixtures...

Fletcher was awesome last night...

and it was extra special for Smithy to put in an amazing performance and score a great goal, Smudger's back!!

Esox Lucius
11-04-2007, 12:25 PM
phantomdj you talk some shite.

11-04-2007, 12:42 PM
bollox mate, roma were shit....

you didnt do that against us this season because we dont let you, so dont get cocky because of one game.....

arsenal hammered us this season and we hammered them..... anything can happen....

portsmouth? .... remember you play as well as the other team lets you.... and the fact you never put in a performance like last night against Liverpool means something blindingly obvious....

Exactly mate, couldnt of said it better myself... Roma just werent up for it at all, from the Kick off you could see that. Not taking anything away from Carricks Goals both World Class, but the team you played, played badly and lost there bottle completely after the 2nd went in.

"smudgers" back? I mean had he actually been ****ing anywhere or got there to start with.. That Lad alan smith is fouling bastard anyway, got a bad chip on his shoulder coz of his broken leg...

Smudgers back... lol.. funniest thing ive heard all season...

Numeric
11-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Smith's better than any of your laughable forward line, give him a few starts and he'll prove that...

basslinejunkie
11-04-2007, 12:55 PM
bahaha!!

smith is dogdshite.if hes that good a striker,why did ferguson try an convert him to a centre mid........

Numeric
11-04-2007, 12:57 PM
because we needed cover in that position, and Sir thought that Smith, with his engine and undoubted class could become a Roy Keane esque presence in the middle there, it wasn't to be however...

basslinejunkie
11-04-2007, 01:00 PM
it wasnt to be? no shit.

smiths a jack of all trades,master of non. avrage striker,avrage midfielder,just an avarage player.

actually,hes a master cunt. :)

Numeric
11-04-2007, 01:07 PM

he's a quality forward...

there's goals to come from him yet this season...

Esox Lucius
11-04-2007, 01:37 PM
is it just me or does every kopite on here talk the biggest load of bollocks ever?

bellendamy & fowler the oap, and a big lanky twat who looks like a spastic wow i bet you're proud. only decent forward you have got is dirk'ead kuyt.

french_og
11-04-2007, 01:53 PM
I thought Man Utd made Roma look bad, i cant believe Roma would turn up for a game like that and not be up for it.

I think Smith goal to game ratio when he has started up front for Utd must be pretty good, he scored a few goals before they signed Rooney and then got pushed to Midfield. Smith works his nuts off and has a good attitude so you can see why Ferguson likes him.

Numeric
11-04-2007, 02:38 PM
I thought Man Utd made Roma look bad, i cant believe Roma would turn up for a game like that and not be up for it.

I think Smith goal to game ratio when he has started up front for Utd must be pretty good, he scored a few goals before they signed Rooney and then got pushed to Midfield. Smith works his nuts off and has a good attitude so you can see why Ferguson likes him.

true true...

Smith endeared himself to United fans with the goals he scored when he first arrived, the late strikes against Blackburn and Bolton to save our blushes, and the wonder strike vs Norwich at Old Trafford among others, he was incredible until Rooney got fit and took his position...

now is Smith's chance to really shine again...

FILTERZ
11-04-2007, 02:38 PM
bah humbug

eyeswithoutaface
11-04-2007, 04:24 PM
i dont even like football and that was a ****ing stunning game. Unbelievable

Ronaldo is scarily talented

Traxx
11-04-2007, 06:20 PM
is it just me or does every kopite on here talk the biggest load of bollocks ever?

Look a bit closer to home first son.

Esox Lucius
11-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Look a bit closer to home first son.

arrrr eh laaaaa, bin dipper.

Traxx
11-04-2007, 11:08 PM
That old chestnut..."sooorry mate, im from over the water mate, not from liverpool mate"

Esox Lucius
11-04-2007, 11:51 PM
birkenhead and proud of it.

i could murder an italian now.

Esox Lucius
11-04-2007, 11:57 PM
That old chestnut..."sooorry mate, im from over the water mate, not from liverpool mate"

scumbag traitors then.

capital of culture :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :laughing:

what culture? birds with orange faces and lads who sound like their bollocks havent dropped yet, we are a bit more sophisticated on the wirral.

phantomdj
12-04-2007, 11:05 AM
crouch is shite? eh? some of you stupidly blind mancs (including blue ones) ought to eat humble pie...

numeric was going on about man utd having the best defence because of the 'stats' , yet when you use the stats to show Crouch's minute to goal ratio, he is at the top.

swallow your pride and ignorance and just admit he is a very good player.

It's only the mancs who really argue with anyone. You don't get many other teams arguing with each other the way you try and force your false 'facts' on people.

Numeric
12-04-2007, 12:51 PM
it's all about opinions and banter on here though man, if we all agreed and loved eachothers teams it would get boring rather quick...

Ashley
12-04-2007, 12:53 PM
That was some score, wish i watched it now.

Will
12-04-2007, 03:36 PM
I think Watford could have beaten Roma, their defending was diabolical, their attack toothless, though they still played more attractive football than United, in of itself. It just goes to show how poor Italian football is, they certainly can't cope with Premiership pace and power, though I think Milan are the one team who can do well in the CL.

It makes you wonder how Roma beat Lyon and then Man U in Rome really.

Insomnia
12-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Not taking anything away from Man U but i do think Roma were terrible, infact a huge dissapointment, i was expecting a exciting match as a neutral and it was dead and burried after 18 minutes... Milan will have to be fired up and be able to cope with the pace from Ronaldo and Giggs or their fate could be doomed quick by Man U....

basslinejunkie
12-04-2007, 04:27 PM
I think Watford could have beaten Roma, their defending was diabolical, their attack toothless, though they still played more attractive football than United, in of itself. It just goes to show how poor Italian football is, they certainly can't cope with Premiership pace and power, though I think Milan are the one team who can do well in the CL.

It makes you wonder how Roma beat Lyon and then Man U in Rome really.

bit to far that mate,even i wouldnt claim that!!

Numeric
12-04-2007, 04:48 PM
...their attack toothless, though they still played more attractive football than United,

what does this this comment mean you jibbering idiot? have you finaly lost your mind? they played more attractive football? WTF? what planet are you living on? we destroyed them, we played the greatest the game of football the Champions League (as it is now) has ever seen, we were unstoppable...

last week it was Roma this Roma that, w**kin on about how good a side they were and how they would beat United, but now one week later they're a s**t team? get a grip, a team doesn't become s**t over-night, face facts, United were just better, deal with it...

Traxx
13-04-2007, 10:12 AM
we played the greatest the game of football the Champions League (as it is now) has ever seen, we were unstoppable...

What a tit. Ive heard it all now.

Traxx
13-04-2007, 10:15 AM
we are a bit more sophisticated on the wirral.

Sophisticated? hahaha i hope you were laughin when you typed that.

Numeric
13-04-2007, 10:53 AM
What a tit. Ive heard it all now.

got a better performance in mind?

13-04-2007, 11:13 AM
got a better performance in mind?

I seem to remember a certain champions league cup final springs to mind in 2005?

You could argue the first half performance was poor, but the second half performance was the best ive ever seen from any club...

Esox Lucius
13-04-2007, 11:17 AM
it's all about opinions and banter on here though man, if we all agreed and loved eachothers teams it would get boring rather quick...

exactly i do think crouch is a decent player but im not gonna say that on here :laughing: my mate had a dream gerrard died the other night, in the allotments behind his house :laughing: he's a manc not a blue, and he's proud of it, wears his united top in merseyside, fair play.

Numeric
13-04-2007, 11:44 AM
I seem to remember a certain champions league cup final springs to mind in 2005?

You could argue the first half performance was poor, but the second half performance was the best ive ever seen from any club...

what? scrape a few of lucky goals then hang-on for penalties?

no no...

basslinejunkie
13-04-2007, 12:01 PM
bahahaha

scrape a few goals?!? we scored 3 aganist the team who was the best in the world at that time.scoring 3 goals against any team is never lucky,never mind ac milan. and as for the pens,we scored ours,they didnt they were saved,or missed. nowt lucky about that.

Numeric
13-04-2007, 12:10 PM
aye fair do's...

but United against Roma was a complete peformance, domination for the entire game, scoring almost at will, playing quick, beautiful football...

Esox Lucius
13-04-2007, 12:10 PM
what? scrape a few of lucky goals then hang-on for penalties?

no no...

FLUKESTANBUL.

phantomdj
13-04-2007, 12:50 PM
dynamo kiev 3 - bayern munich 3 (munich got away tie 1999)

ac milan 3 - liverpool 3 (lfc on pens)

those two games were far more exciting....

you scored 7... but roma crumbled like a pathetic feminist confronted with logic.

excellent result yes, but not the best game at all.

kai
13-04-2007, 01:48 PM
Best performance though!

And as for Liverpool's performance in the final - yeah fair play great comeback but end of the day by letter of the law two of Milan's penalties should have been retaken - keepers are supposed to be on the line in a pen situation not edge of six yard box by the time the ball is struck - one of them like - fair play for a good performance and getting away with it (know I wouldn't give a f..u.c.k if United won the CL like that!!) - but would hardly be considered in the same way if you hadn't won the shoot out which you only did by cheating when it comes down to it.

Same can't be said for the United performance against Roma - no flies on it at all.

Have to say our performance in Turin in 99 was as good though imo!

Numeric
13-04-2007, 02:46 PM
i'm not claiming that United vs Roma was the best result ever...

i'm not sayin it was the most entertaining game ever either...

i'm sayin it was the most complete performance ever...

Will
13-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Arsenal beating Inter 5-1 away has to be better than winning 7-1 at home! Man U lost 2-1 away after all.

kai
13-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Fair point on the Arsenal win in Milan Will, but we were talking about individual performances not over two legs so 1st leg dont really come into it really.

Tbh we did well to come away with a 2-1 defeat considering spending an hour with ten men anyway though.

Richierush
13-04-2007, 06:26 PM
best game i can remember,fastest ever pace to a game to,that rooney goal was one of the best counter attacks ive seen,a complete game for united

Insomnia
15-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Roma beat Sampdoria 4-0 today, so god knows what happened during the week!! :ohdear:

Numeric
15-04-2007, 04:15 PM
it's because they were out-played and out-fought by a better football team...

not rocket science me old mucka...

:;

Insomnia
15-04-2007, 04:17 PM
it's because they were out-played and out-fought by a better football team...

not rocket science me old mucka...

:;

I know man, the score line just puzzled me i thought they would of gave you a hard game but they were rank that night! :;

278d7e64a374de26f==