PDA

View Full Version : something a tad different ?

tonyc2002
11-04-2007, 04:46 PM
a track ive been working on over the last few days....the mix is quite rough at the mo and i need to EQ some elements a bit more but let me know what you think because ime struggling for ideas of how i can make it progress :;

http://www.dj-tony-c.co.uk/summertime%20shizznit.mp3

rhythmtech
11-04-2007, 07:44 PM
mix sounds quite clear.. not into the panning on the perc loop (left) and clap/snare (right). its too severe.. makes me feel seasick. also the saw synth is a touch undertuned.

not a bad effort though and has definitly got some interesting elements

tonyc2002
11-04-2007, 07:47 PM
mix sounds quite clear.. not into the panning on the perc loop (left) and clap/snare (right). its too severe.. makes me feel seasick. also the saw synth is a touch undertuned.

not a bad effort though and has definitly got some interesting elements

thanks for your feedback baz....you got any tips on how i can make that bassline fit better.

jk_scowling
23-04-2007, 10:08 AM
I agree about the panning, needs to be more subtle, also where's the low end? It definitely is lacking with both the kick and the square wave sound not supplying it. This sort of track would benefit from a funky bassline of some sort.

tonyc2002
25-04-2007, 03:18 PM
taken your comments onboard peeps and came up with this http://www.dj-tony-c.co.uk/saxxy.mp3

jk_scowling
25-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Cool man, sounds better now, but it's still laking in the low end. It might be an idea to use a low subby kick underneath the other one to give it some weight.

tonyc2002
25-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Cool man, sounds better now, but it's still laking in the low end. It might be an idea to use a low subby kick underneath the other one to give it some weight.

hmm...think ill give that a try.
some delicate EQ surgery will be called for me thinks :laughing:

thanks man :)

force
26-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Not my thing style wise but on a production level everything is nicely separated and tuned. I have to echo the comments about including a nice subby, longish kik underneath. If its tuned properly it would help drive the track and interact well with the current bassline i reckon. A few clever edits wouldn't go amiss either and maybe some other sort of rhythmic loop ???

just not over keen on the sax sample really

tonyc2002
01-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Not my thing style wise but on a production level everything is nicely separated and tuned. I have to echo the comments about including a nice subby, longish kik underneath. If its tuned properly it would help drive the track and interact well with the current bassline i reckon. A few clever edits wouldn't go amiss either and maybe some other sort of rhythmic loop ???

just not over keen on the sax sample really

thanks for the feedback dude :)

this track is actually for college and i have to produce 30 mins of audio and (slighty annoyingly) 15 mins has to be sounds you recorded yourself. hence the sax sample :laughing:

DannyBlack
03-05-2007, 06:02 PM
nice and cool man. you should call it "man with the slightly pink face"

278d7e64a374de26f==