PDA

View Full Version : recording your own external sounds....

anx
07-11-2003, 04:39 PM
what are some of the best ways to go about doing this?

say i wanted to record breaking some glass or something...

detfella
07-11-2003, 07:15 PM
ive been thinking about this too. the obvious choices are mini-disc/dat recorders. Ive managed to get a free dictophone for some crunchy 8-bit sounds! For the more adventurous i suppose u could buy a PDA.

Is there a device, similar to minidisc recorders, that can record WAV files on location? Now that would be a treat. :love:

anx
07-11-2003, 08:04 PM
also, how do people go about recording percussion like kickdrums and hihats? do you just take a drum set and a mic and bang away? thats what i'd assume...

detfella
07-11-2003, 08:28 PM
in theory its that simple....the art of recording is finding the sweet spot. recording acoustic drums wont give u generic techno sound cos its simply aint hard/digital enuff. If u know someone called Purdie u should get him on the kit, maybe u'll find the new funky drummer??!! :clap:

audioinjection
07-11-2003, 09:03 PM
also, how do people go about recording percussion like kickdrums and hihats? do you just take a drum set and a mic and bang away? thats what i'd assume...

you can do that to record drums, but it'll sound crappy. you need good mic pre-amps and a good mic for each different drum, it gets kinda complicated.

Col
07-11-2003, 09:25 PM
im into this idea too, wouldnt mind recording some noises/sounds. there is this factory where i used to live, that makes an unbelivable repetitive industrial techno sound. im well after recording it.

is it possible to get a dictophone that records at 16 bit? or am i just been stupid & hopeful ?

anx
07-11-2003, 10:02 PM
i was using a staple gun into some wood at a party i was settin up and i couldnt help but think that with the right compression and eqing that it could sound awesome in a loop or something like that

i think if i get the means to record stuff with good quality, i will analyze every sound i hear thinking how it would sound in techno haha

DJZeMig_L
08-11-2003, 01:41 PM
I go for the "record as best quality U can".. u can always grundge and fuc* about later.. the oposite isn't possible! ;)

Z

Mattias Fridell (emb)
09-11-2003, 12:57 PM
Buy yourself a Microtech Geffel u70S Microphone and records, expensive and great, hehe ;)

jake
10-11-2003, 04:21 AM
sample sample sample

278d7e64a374de26f==