PDA

View Full Version : hard dance is being saturated!

willabsorb
08-11-2003, 03:05 PM
Hi all, Ive been dj'ing for about 8 years. I played at woods, warehouses, barns, ruins, beach's, etc... 8 years ago we were playing what we now know as acid techno, acid trance, hard trance, hard house, nrg, power trance, psy trance, hard techno, nu nrg...the technology was basic compared to today but it still managed to be alot more creative and diverse.Today i struggle to see the diference between any two tracks. Hrad dance as become a enre as appose to a movement...just like pop or rock. i really dont know what the answer is. I live and breath hard dance and really dont want to walk away from it but im sick of this whole ****ing lisa lashes euphoria shit. a nice pair of tits thats been well marketed and has become a star...for playing ****ing records kids!!! there are not many worthy dj's, promoters or producers in the scene anymore. we need people to put the effort back in to this scene. without getting too much poo on my tongue, i bow to mark eg. ive been a fan since before i can remember. a nutter thy say....****ing genuis i say. travelling to war zones to do gigs. thats we we're talking about! lets use the music to break down barriers. lets go to the most random countries and make the wars and bullshit stop for 10 hours while we play records and jump around...abit of a ramble but im confused. it will break my heart if something doesnt happen soon...any promoters out there feel free to email me for demo's. i dont have a website...im a dj not a pop star. ill play anywhere that will let me and doesnt cost me too much to get to...

MARKEG
08-11-2003, 08:20 PM
sounds like the man has his priorities right!!!! ;)

yeah hard dance, although probably a term which could sum up what i play at clubs (hard music), is a load of bollox if you really think about it. same as all genre classifications really. everyone has to fit you in a bloody box - neat package with a lovely label. i always tried to be different. hmm.. don't like terms one little bit. but you've gotta live with it and move on. surprise the cunts with some dark filthy deep shit every so often. haha

willabsorb
08-11-2003, 11:16 PM
Live with it and move on...there is something inside that doesnt want to do that. maybe im jewish?!?! one good thing thats come from this is the twisted darkness comiing out in the studio. funky, dark and creative (my opinion). what happened to parties playing all styles? techno, jungle...shit! im becoming one of those nobs spending their time winging and not doing. being in love with something and watching it change for the worst hurts more than i can explain. it wouldnt be so bad if i saw our youngers have a passion for it. we need to re educate...how was massadonia anyway?ive not done a war zone...detroit is as close i have been!

DJZeMig_L
09-11-2003, 06:54 PM
Troubled countrys have always been the best partyes... peolple care only about having fun.. no politics/ style/ fashion BS .. Pure shake yer as* on the dance floor till u can no more!!

I have had the honour of playing in Tel Aviv and Colombia and I must say it goes down as one of those very especial nights U'll never forget...

Z

willabsorb
09-11-2003, 07:14 PM
does this not mean that saturation will reach them eventually. hopefully by the time these places get bored to we will have found them something to get their teath into again...right! im seeling up and becoming a political terrorist for the benefit of hard dance! im going to travel the world making sure wars do not stop so we can go there and party. selfishe? maybe its not the answer either.well **** me! i dont ****ing know! how about if we (audio blackout nerds) find a venue (free) and blag a sound system (recon mark eg could) and do it how we want it done. we could look at august bank holiday next year. i know an awesom venue in south UK. a huge sand dune in hayling island. in 1997 police actually shut the one road onto the island off and patroled the party by air! good days!!! so what say we. mark? i know you read these! i recon its not a bad idea! :clap:

Esox Lucius
09-11-2003, 07:28 PM
fair play to anyone who goes and plays in tel aviv, I would be shitting myself! :shock:

278d7e64a374de26f==