PDA

View Full Version : Inteference

eyeswithoutaface
17-04-2007, 10:22 AM
right, yesterday i started noticing that interference you get in your speakers when a mobile phone goes off near them, but this is happening sporadically even when there's no phone in the vicinity, it's never happened before like this and its really starting to piss me off. Im not sure if it's got to do with my laptop being near my monitors or what because like i say it's not happened before, I noticed it start yesterday evening, at night it had stopped, switched my studio on again this morning and it's started to do it at random intervals again

any suggestions anyone? :(

forced to produce on my laptop and external card whilst im waiting for my new main studio PC and i can get back onto my usual setup, but in the meantime i'd obviously like to rectify this problem

thanks in advance

loopdon
17-04-2007, 11:38 AM
it's looking for it's station i believe. sucks.

BloodStar
17-04-2007, 01:40 PM
i have same in my studio. i reckon, place your phone far from the speakers and you are safe.
loopdon is right,. it is probably looking for its station, no matter if there is or isnt any incoming call. and maybe it has also something to do with the strength of signal. when you have full, shouldnt be so often, but i can be completely wrong..

The Divide
18-04-2007, 10:22 AM
In theory, if you replace your cables with balanced lines I think it could help, as they are shielded better from RF and louder cables

That is, if you havent already got bal lines

278d7e64a374de26f==