PDA

View Full Version : fruity problems

acid-project
09-11-2003, 11:52 AM
how the hell do you copy and paste in the play list ?
all the manuals and tutorials go to great lengths "showing" you where the buttons are and their functions, but not "how" to use them.
can anyone give us a step by step of what buttons to press / what to do after youve select an area of data in order to paste it please ?.

Barely Human
09-11-2003, 02:23 PM
In the playlist, at the top left, there are a few square buttons. If you roll your pointer over them, and look under file, it will tell what each of them are. To copy, click the dashed square box, and select which parts of the playlist you want to copy. Then click on the playlist options box, and select copy, and then paste.

ampassasinbirmingham
09-11-2003, 02:27 PM
how can i delete massive parts of the playlist?

Barely Human
09-11-2003, 03:27 PM
You will need to have FL studio to do this. In the playlist, at the top right, under the close cross, there is a button with a square box in it. Click and hold on it and then resize the playlist so you can see everything you want to delete. Then use the select tool, and then cut.

acid-project
10-11-2003, 09:05 AM
thanx, but i still cant do it !!!!, i get the pattern selected and copy it, but i cant paste it ? it just overlays whats already there, when it should be producing a duplicate to the right, so i can pick up the pattern and hold it i just cant droip it where it should go.....?

DJZeMig_L
10-11-2003, 12:01 PM
If I have understood right, U have 2 copy.. click where um want 2 paste and then paste!!

the insert delete buttons also work wonders for track structuring.
Hold control while u select and u get all Tracks or columns.. or even a certain range that u can then delete, insert, etc...

Hope this helps in any way!

Z

acid-project
10-11-2003, 12:42 PM
no it still wont work, just keeps it in the same place, the comps gonna get thashed soon @ this rate, i can get the red bar to move into place by pressing the select next, but nothing appears after paste is pressed , and i can use the orange outline box to select the pattern, but i cant get to the next bit, how do you make the @@:;'#;# thing show the possition where the copyed bit is ment to go ???

DJZeMig_L
10-11-2003, 01:51 PM
gimme a couple of hs... I have 2 find some time 2 actually open the program and fiddle 4 a while...

b right back,

Z

DJZeMig_L
10-11-2003, 04:36 PM
I see what u mean about copy/ Paste.. I also get everything pasted 2 the first bar.. which is a bit of a drag... but as 4 the rest just use cntrl while selecting and the same with delete / insert u create space or cut measures... simple delete will only erase without moving any bars!!

Hope this finally solves it (well except for the copy/ paste, but soon u'll find a way 2 work around it!)

Z

acid-project
10-11-2003, 07:38 PM
lots of mind numbing repition it is then, im sure you could do it on previous editions of fruity, thanx for the advice anyway !

DJZeMig_L
10-11-2003, 11:36 PM
Not really mate ... drawing patterns has always been a major plus on Fruity... it is so easy and fast, that they didn't even though about it!

Z

DJAmok
11-11-2003, 05:23 AM
deleting is easy, just put the mouse on the beginning of the patterns you want to kill and press delete. to give you blank patterns again and move the rest backwards, press insert

alpha_unit
13-11-2003, 02:27 PM
just drag the selection you want untill it is hightligted red then press ctrl+ c them unslect it move where u want it and press ctrl + v it normally pastes in the wrong plave but then u just dar it into place

278d7e64a374de26f==