PDA

View Full Version : Fine Audio Recordings

Si the Sigh
18-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Any idea when the next ones out? I love this label.

I dug out The Divides "Museum Of Skulls" last night and I have to say I'd forgotten just how good all 4 tracks are.

Also dragged out Kwass "Transformer EP"

One word...NUTS! :)

Si the Sigh
18-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Also, does anyone know where the vocal from Strobe / Henry Cullens release "Human Animal" is from?

acidguru
18-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Any idea when the next ones out? I love this label.

I dug out The Divides "Museum Of Skulls" last night and I have to say I'd forgotten just how good all 4 tracks are.

Also dragged out Kwass "Transformer EP"

One word...NUTS! :)Absolutely agreed,wicked label,the early releases are awesome,speaking of the 007[original],audio cd 02 , one of the best mixes of all times,just to name a few!No idea bout new releases,last was by R.Natus this year i guess

dirty_bass
18-04-2007, 03:47 PM
~I had a release lined up for Fine Audio, but the label has changed management, so I have no clue what is happening at the mo.
I think it is being run by Daredo Music now, as it was being run by Manfred Pachel

loopdon
18-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Was pretty much my favourite label years ago.

They have changed the management a fair few times.

BRADLEE
18-04-2007, 09:00 PM
I think Daredo is taking over for a few labels as of recent. Compressed is also under their wing now.

lunatrick
19-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Also, does anyone know where the vocal from Strobe / Henry Cullens release "Human Animal" is from?

it's by lydia lunch - not sure of title.......;

Si the Sigh
19-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Cheers. :)

MITA
19-04-2007, 11:15 AM
u got new Robert Natus on FA out

Si the Sigh
19-04-2007, 12:52 PM
No, not got that one?

I'll check online for clips.

MITA
19-04-2007, 04:45 PM
here u go

http://www.triplevision.nl/release/AUDIO+053-6/

Si the Sigh
20-04-2007, 07:33 AM
I normally avoid Robert Natus stuff like the plague, but thats not too bad. :)

loopdon
20-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Robert Natus stuff can be hmmm... but the does some nice stuff. Maybe if he'd reduce his output a little (over 100 releases already) ?

Si the Sigh
20-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Robert Natus stuff can be hmmm... but the does some nice stuff. Maybe if he'd reduce his output a little (over 100 releases already) ?

Yea, I know what your saying and 110% agree. :)

eyeswithoutaface
20-04-2007, 10:35 AM
anyone who knock's out ep's at such a rate is going to suffer where their quality control is concerned. This ep isnt that bad actually, reminds me of his very first ep's which were really top quality hard techno

Si the Sigh
20-04-2007, 10:37 AM
anyone who knock's out ep's at such a rate is going to suffer where their quality control is concerned. This ep isnt that bad actually, reminds me of his very first ep's which were really top quality hard techno

Yep, quality over quantity everytime.

loopdon
20-04-2007, 10:50 AM

I reckon some people think each and every track they make is release-worthy.
I agree with what you say, Scotty. I think it's no problem to release at that rate but perhaps not on vinyl each and every time. Do you reckon at that rate you could still earn some dough today? Or is it more a prestige thing?

eyeswithoutaface
20-04-2007, 11:00 AM
well if people think every track they do is release worthy, then they genuinely need to look into quality control. Unless their output proves them correct. I couldnt name a single producer that i love whose every single record i love, even my fave producers of all time have done what i deem to be a bad record, absolutley everyone does a bad record at some point in time, myself included. I dont personally think i have done a bad record yet, but i know for a fact i will, even the most focused of human's misjudge's at some point, that's just exactly what make's us human in the first place.

and regardless of quantity, you'l only make money on your records if they are selling. Doesnt matter if you put out 20 records in a year or 1 record in a year, if people dont like it, it's not going to sell. And even then nowadays you need to be selling silly amounts to get a profit. Most artists money comes from the gig's they harness. Unless you cross over into that superstar bracket like people like Preach and hooking up with really big commercial artists, because doing that obviously widens your fanbase to non-techno punters etc etc

you will get more sale's if you have a higher threshold with your quality control, because your music will be alot better, you'l be spending more time on your music to ensure this, and people who are into your stuff will ultimately enjoy and be more hungry for your music when it does come out. If your putting out like a record a week, which is what does happen alot of the time, then most average punters simply cant afford to be buying records every week, so inevitably sales can suffer

278d7e64a374de26f==