PDA

View Full Version : Midi controllers in £200 price band

neilried
19-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Need to get a midi controller pronto for a live session Im doing, got about £200 to spend and been looking about, the UC33 seems to be the most suited to what I need but wondered if theres any alternatives that I should look at before handing over the dollars...

Thanks

BloodStar
19-04-2007, 11:11 AM
presonally I would suggest you Bitstream 3X. It is bit over your price, but its packed with interesting functions. I love it.

neilried
19-04-2007, 11:31 AM
presonally I would suggest you Bitstream 3X. It is bit over your price, but its packed with interesting functions. I love it.

Bloody hell thats a bit smart!!! If the device I get also works as a midi interface (ie plugs into the lappy via usb and the midi on the back of the device I can synch the 909 and a second laptop to) then Ive got extra bucks to go to it as was gonna have to buy a midiman or something....

Another spanner in the works though is the Novation Remote SL.. anyone used one of these?

http://www.turnkey.co.uk/web/productAction.do?dispatch=showProduct&SKU=NOVA-REMOTESL&context=WEB

BloodStar
19-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Bloody hell thats a bit smart!!! If the device I get also works as a midi interface (ie plugs into the lappy via usb and the midi on the back of the device I can synch the 909 and a second laptop to) then Ive got extra bucks to go to it as was gonna have to buy a midiman or something....

Also good thing with Bitstream 3x is, that some further expansions are planned by guys from Bitstream. they are still in development phase, but when they will be decided what will be most useful for people, eg X/y big touchpad Kaosspad like, or additional on/off buttons, or some new ribbon controller it will be really really nice to add it to the current unit with only plug in to the expansion plug from the rear panel..really smart people in WaveIdea.

forgot to add,. Yeah you can sync your909..The Sync-24 output allows to synchronize a vintage gear (TB303, TR808, TR909, ...) with the Bitstream 3X.
.The Sync-24 output can be driven from the internal Bitstream 3X sequencer, or by one of the 2 MIDI inputs (MIDI, USB), all selectable from the menus.

dirty_bass
19-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Novation Remote Zero SL

It`s the best live performance controller you can get and worth every penny.
X5 used one when we played our 2 man PA recently in brighton.
I use a BCF2000 but after seeing the Remote Zero in action I was immediately sold.

Amazing amazing kit.

trainspotter
21-04-2007, 05:49 AM
been curios to try the sl zero,

another vote for the bitstream for me, hade mine lent out for a couple of days and realized how much i actually am depending on it.
end up using it alot stand-alone with various hardware gear.

buttons could be better but overall feel is solid.

eyeswithoutaface
21-04-2007, 12:11 PM
yeah ive got a BCF2000 but heard great things about the Novation. The Bitstream looks amazing too have to say

278d7e64a374de26f==