PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Glade festival this year?

spiralx
21-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Hello all, it's been well over a year since I last logged in here... going through a bit of a forum lull :)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone was going to the Glade festival this year - they've finally got a proper techno lineup! In fact the Vapor stage (all techno) is the largest stage there this year, and it looks like Friday evening will be hosted by Richie Hawtin and the M-Nus lot (Magda, Gaiser, Troy Pierce) and Saturday night by Derrick May along with Jim Masters, Black Dog (live) and Vince Watson (live).

There's also Neil Landstrumm and Luke's Anger in the Overkill tent, rumour says there'll be more UK artists playing there Friday. And Bangface, for those of you like me who love a bit of raggacore :)

Rowland the Bastard rocked last year but wasn't enough, seems much better this year... anyone else going? :)

force
21-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Yes i bloody am gonna be there. missed you and manga there last year, have to try and hook up this time

robin m
21-04-2007, 10:45 PM
I've been the last 2 years, was planning on giving it a miss this year and going to antiworld instead... but it does look very tempting. The new techno stage sounds very promising indeed :cool:

If I can afford it I might well end up twisting my own arm into it - it's been excellent the last couple of times.

spiralx
21-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Yes i bloody am gonna be there. missed you and manga there last year, have to try and hook up this time

Hello there :) Yeah, should meet up - I'll definitely be there for Neil Landstrumm :D

theledge
22-04-2007, 11:10 AM
im off, bought a ticket this week and everything , just checked that techno lineup looking good

tOM B
22-04-2007, 12:58 PM
i'm going again - have worked there the last couple of years and am again this year.

Should be an interesting one i hope they find a way of overcoming the severe sound limits put on them by the local council if they don't it will be the last one at that location

jiminyblackbox
22-04-2007, 05:44 PM
yep i shall be attending - been every year n def the lineup this year is the one i'm most impressed with loads of techno its no longer a token couple of hours!!! forshaw is also playing in the overkill tent to add to the list above.

overkill tent looks superb again loads of fun in there - well up for venetian snares and chris clark . . . . .

in terms of sound it will be going qhieter again at midnight - theres the proposal documents for the council on the web somewhere i saw few days back - looks like they will be luder in the day that 2006 but turn it down more this year at midnight unless this is a ruse to fool those bastard noise inspectors!

theledge
22-04-2007, 07:04 PM
and yeah bangface are there, proper quality !

spiralx
23-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Yeah, Luke Vibert and the Ragga Twins should be ace, hopefully Bong-Ra will be there for another mentalist set of ragga-metal-jungle :D

Jay Pace
24-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Def going. Not playing though, bah

FILTERZ
24-04-2007, 02:02 PM
yep haven`t missed one so far

teknorich
24-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Possibly a stupid question, but how do people know the lineups for Glade? The idea of a Minus showcase really gets my attention, but how do people know this is happening if it isn't on the website?

force
24-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Possibly a stupid question, but how do people know the lineups for Glade? The idea of a Minus showcase really gets my attention, but how do people know this is happening if it isn't on the website?

http://www.gladtalk.co.uk/lineup.html

There you are old boy!

Martin Dust
24-04-2007, 04:04 PM
I'll be going :)

Frank Dogshit
24-04-2007, 05:10 PM
what the **** is 'clowncore'?

sounds great!

force
24-04-2007, 05:31 PM
what the **** is 'clowncore'?

sounds great!

www.myspace.com/edcoxlife4land

Seen him play a few places in Cambridge, pretty mental!

spiralx
24-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Jerome Hill has confirmed on his Myspace page, sweet :)

spiralx
24-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Perhaps even better lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl8SFWWD7s8&mode=related&search=

Adey
28-04-2007, 10:58 AM
was way too hot to be in all the good tents last year...the psytrance was very poor. Bangface was quite a highlight. definately give it a miss as most of the great artists play in London regularly and only cos tenners to see them.

the pseudo hippies are worth the giggle :)

G-BO
04-05-2007, 02:10 PM
im def going

last year was unreal...autechre, surgeon, ceephax, vibert, altern8..the whole buzz was brilliant

thsi years line-up is better...luke's anger, landstrumm, enduser, chris clark, apparat, skream, milanese, venetian snares, richie hawtin, magda, michael forshaw, ceephax again!!!, warlock, leoafah, mary anne hobbs...hopefully afx or []pusher!!!

Stretch
11-05-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm going, last year was fantastic!

Adey
13-05-2007, 07:33 AM
the techno tent will be only open from the evening until 4am... and the sound systems will be much quieter than you think they will be - like last year.

have a good one :)

Aratron
13-05-2007, 10:16 AM
the techno tent will be only open from the evening until 4am... and the sound systems will be much quieter than you think they will be - like last year.

theres an acid techno tent this year. you up for it?

theledge
13-05-2007, 11:22 AM

i certainly will be man :)

278d7e64a374de26f==