PDA

View Full Version : Richley & Rivera -wot happened to these boys?

FuK-NuT
23-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Andrew Richley & Ryan Rivera...

some propa phat funk @ techno tempo...i miss it!

any1 got any suggestions for much the same sound or will i have to trawl thro the housey section?

FuK-NuT
24-04-2007, 10:05 AM
man...over 60 views and not a peep...this board has slipped!!

to caught up in debate, being right to answer important questions
about the thing that we all supposidly luv...TECHNO!!

put your handbags away and get bak to the fukin point, fukers!!

wheres the funk?

eyeswithoutaface
24-04-2007, 10:12 AM
maybe people just didnt like them?

i know i wasnt the greatest fan, pretty average MOR funky techno, they had one particular good record on Primate which i really enjoyed, then they did quite possibly the worst Primate Endangered record of the lot, on a horrible 60's blue vinyl. The "Cut da shit" remixes were spot on, the Shufflemaster one in particular. But that's about it really

RDR
24-04-2007, 11:21 PM
I heard nothing about mr Richley for ages... then WHAM!

dan the acid man
24-04-2007, 11:26 PM
I heard nothing about mr Richley for ages... then WHAM!

badoom tish!!!

digitalboy
24-04-2007, 11:44 PM
man...over 60 views and not a peep...this board has slipped!!

to caught up in debate, being right to answer important questions
about the thing that we all supposidly luv...TECHNO!!

put your handbags away and get bak to the fukin point, fukers!!

wheres the funk?

Could be a lot of new people that havn't signed up yet or are just browsing.

Anyhow, people will only reply if it relates. Iv'e never heard of these guys. :)

RDR
25-04-2007, 06:33 AM
Could be a lot of new people that havn't signed up yet or are just browsing.

Anyhow, people will only reply if it relates. Iv'e never heard of these guys. :)

Richley released on audio 48

FuK-NuT
25-04-2007, 09:55 AM
it was more just a reference for me to find more of that sound...i havent
really got much primate to be honest and the track that sticks out most in my mind from the 2 i mentioned above was that one with the sample @ the start
"hows it feel to wake up every morning and relise your a fukin ho" one of thee most jak'd up funk tinged techno track ive ever heard!! know the one?( a fuker to mix)

if u have heard better id like to know and check it out...while your at it id luv to hear about producers, labels and the likes that churn out shit like this...

my warms ups are gettin tired and i need new shit....

The Overfiend
25-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Dj Shufflemaster Remix to Cut Da Shit is one of the best techno tracks ever made.

Spot on Eyes.

eyeswithoutaface
25-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Dj Shufflemaster Remix to Cut Da Shit is one of the best techno tracks ever made.

Spot on Eyes.

indeed dude, that's something we've agreed on from day one if i remember correctly :)

the way that break slide's into the 2nd section, sublime

The Overfiend
25-04-2007, 11:22 PM
I'd almost give you a hug in reflection of even thinking about that track.
I almost cried to have to sell that piece of vinyl when I did.
Wish I had it on mp3.

eyeswithoutaface
25-04-2007, 11:39 PM
yeah me too, tried looking but no cigar

rhythmtech
26-04-2007, 12:51 AM
didnt they have a tune on primate called protect your soul?

Sunil
26-04-2007, 06:39 PM
They actually used to be 'Tesox', who had a few great (for the time) records on Plastic City in the mid nineties.

I had a few Richley & Rivera records, but looking back they were more filler tracks than anything else. The B1 track on the Fiction EP (which is the one I think you're talking about Scott) is a cracker though..

http://www.discogs.com/release/20236

I fished it out there a while ago, and will probably play it again sometime.

eyeswithoutaface
26-04-2007, 06:45 PM
yeah it was "The Fiction" ep i meant, that b1 was a good track indeed if i remember correctly. Didnt know they were Tesox either, interesting.

loopdon
27-04-2007, 12:46 AM
didn't know that tesox thing. i have the fiction ep as well, i believe.

justin schumacher
27-04-2007, 01:42 AM
indeed dude, that's something we've agreed on from day one if i remember correctly :)

the way that break slide's into the 2nd section, sublime

im gonna have to cosign on this as well. when the broken kick pattern comes in with that tweaked out noise...... serious head f*ck shit right there!!!!!

the original was dope too. i remember i heard it for the first time on that gayle san fine audio mix cd and had to have the vinyl.

not much besides that, other than the odd generic funky tune here and there.

wrong
27-04-2007, 07:40 PM
wow, didn't realise about the tesox thing either... used to love 'gimme one of those funky basslines' track they did on plastic city.. ruftee in it's time

audioinjection
01-05-2007, 12:56 AM

Spot on Eyes.

omg, that was one of my favorite techno tracks back when it came out! i love when it goes from that broken beat to that pounding driving beat, gotta love it!! im so glad i still have that record!

278d7e64a374de26f==