PDA

View Full Version : Man United vs AC Milan

Numeric
24-04-2007, 02:17 PM
massive game tonight at Old Trafford...

if United were at full strength then i'd fancy us to win and keep a clean sheet, but with our entire first choice back-line out of action, we're in trouble, it's gonna be Gabby and Wes in the centre with O'Shea at left back and Fletch on the right, there's a chance Patrice may be able to feature, that would mean O'Shea on the right and Patrice on the left which i'd be much more confatable with, Fletcher plays well in midfield and looked good filling in at right-back against Watford, but looked less good against 'Boro, so there's little doubt he'd struggle against a top European side such as Milan...

we need a massive performance from the midfield tonight, it's gonna be really difficult...

c'mon United!!

nick_anarchy
24-04-2007, 02:28 PM
massive game tonight at Old Trafford...

if United were at full strength then i'd fancy us to win and keep a clean sheet, but with our entire first choice back-line out of action, we're in trouble, it's gonna be Gabby and Wes in the centre with O'Shea at left back and Fletch on the right, there's a chance Patrice may be able to feature, that would mean O'Shea on the right and Patrice on the left which i'd be much more confatable with, Fletcher plays well in midfield and looked good filling in at right-back against Watford, but looked less good against 'Boro, so there's little doubt he'd struggle against a top European side such as Milan...

we need a massive performance from the midfield tonight, it's gonna be really difficult...

c'mon United!!

fingers crossed the back 4 hold well tonight with it being a missmatch one too ! its the stage ronaldo & rooney were made for this tho

DJ RE:HAB
24-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Out of everything if i was in your position tonight first game played @ home id prefer a strong defence. Just for the fact if you can keep a clean sheet then your chances away are much better.

Now that your whole normal back line is out i see keeping a clean sheet a non starter, if you concede more than 2 @ home without no reply tonight, id say your out.

Thank **** Benitez has used the rotation policy and the fact we do have 2 players now near enough to cover each position. Not the best players in world but hardworking.

As ive said before your actual bench players and fringe team players arent really up too much and it says alot about a team like Manchester United having to resort to the likes of Fletcher and O'Shea playing right back and left back.

Why Fergie never signed anybody in the Jan transfer is ****ing anyones guess...

basslinejunkie
24-04-2007, 02:45 PM
didnt have the money

basslinejunkie
24-04-2007, 02:47 PM
i dunno about this tie,half of me is saying united will do them,the other half is saying dont be daft and hang your head in shame for even thinking it.

24-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Yer you should mate...

50 lashes of the whip for you...

nick_anarchy
24-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Out of everything if i was in your position tonight first game played @ home id prefer a strong defence. Just for the fact if you can keep a clean sheet then your chances away are much better.

Now that your whole normal back line is out i see keeping a clean sheet a non starter, if you concede more than 2 @ home without no reply tonight, id say your out.

Thank **** Benitez has used the rotation policy and the fact we do have 2 players now near enough to cover each position. Not the best players in world but hardworking.

As ive said before your actual bench players and fringe team players arent really up too much and it says alot about a team like Manchester United having to resort to the likes of Fletcher and O'Shea playing right back and left back.

Why Fergie never signed anybody in the Jan transfer is ****ing anyones guess...

agree with u there man .. if we dont score and lose 2 or more tonight then away it will be hard to pull back 1st off we got to go out and score simple as that rattle them up , we know our front line & midfield at the moment is out of this world so we have no reason why we cant ! to put 7 past roma who are 2nd is sayin somethin !! we need the big players to stand up and be counted as for a few it will there last chance to win this cup ( scholes , van der sar , giggs ) and im sure scholes of all wants it as he missed out in 1999

@ bassline who didnt have the money utd or liverpool ?

Numeric
24-04-2007, 03:02 PM
to be fair no-one would have expected that we could lose our entire first choice defence, if Silvestre was fit then it wouldn't be so bad as he's still a decent defender with a lot of experience at the highest level, but he's out also...

O'Shea is good enough cover for either flank...

nick_anarchy
24-04-2007, 03:06 PM
to be fair no-one would have expected that we could lose our entire first choice defence, if Silvestre was fit then it wouldn't be so bad as he's still a decent defender with a lot of experience at the highest level, but he's out also...

O'Shea is good enough cover for either flank...

well he best not be court arse watching and he best get stuck in

Esox Lucius
24-04-2007, 03:14 PM
keeping a clean sheet will be hard aye, need a few goals tonight.

24-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Aye part of Milan will probs be thinking they might just pinch it coz of the defence situation. But you can bet theyll be shitting there load also at that fact u stuffed roma...

There defence has quality even if it is a little old, if you get it right and AC Milan dont put a marker whos quicker enuff for iminlovewithmyselfsomuchaldo then i reckon his pace will easy take it out of there back 4... easy...

basslinejunkie
24-04-2007, 03:33 PM
untied didnt have the money to buy in jan

basslinejunkie
24-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Aye part of Milan will probs be thinking they might just pinch it coz of the defence situation. But you can bet theyll be shitting there load also at that fact u stuffed roma...

There defence has quality even if it is a little old, if you get it right and AC Milan dont put a marker whos quicker enuff for iminlovewithmyselfsomuchaldo then i reckon his pace will easy take it out of there back 4... easy...

nesta will eat him alive. i gaurantte one of the milan defenders emptys him stright away.

FILTERZ
24-04-2007, 03:38 PM
I would offer my support to Milan but last time i supported Roma look what happened to them .

still

Cmon Milan !!!!!!!!

Will
24-04-2007, 03:43 PM
If their coach learns the lessons of the Roma game they should do well, otherwise their aging defence could be in trouble. One thing about the Roma game was the look on their coach's face seemed increasingly gormless! Quite funny... If they don't defend deep enough and don't protect their back four - like Roma, well...

Though Milan always look the best equipped Italian team for europe and they beat Man U home and away last team...

nick_anarchy
24-04-2007, 03:47 PM
untied didnt have the money to buy in jan

i think u need to be corrected here dude ...

we were given 40m to spend in jan , 20 on owen & 20 on tores but no luck till the summer also a bid of around 10 m went in to southhampton for their left back but knocked back ... so where u got info from then was a load of crap

also we didnt expect to have no defenders at this stage with 2 out on loan 4 injured

kai
24-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Its more than 4 injured Nick - Neville, Silvestre, Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra - 5 mate. Its 6 if you include Cathcart who's been drafted ito the first team from the youth team to increase cover and promptly got injured!!!!

Squad had 8 defenders in it - 4 first choice and 4 as cover (i.e. two players for each position just like Rafa's got at Liverpool Re:Hab) - would seem enough you'd have thought!!

End of the day no side can cover that many injuries in space of a few weeks in one position and not have a drastically weakened backline.

Tbh I'm worried - think we could struggle to hold it together in the run-in with the injuries we've got - hate to say it but can see us ending up with f.u.c.k all because of it despite clearly being the best side int he country this season.

nick_anarchy
24-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Its more than 4 injured Nick - Neville, Silvestre, Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra - 5 mate. Its 6 if you include Cathcart who's been drafted ito the first team from the youth team to increase cover and promptly got injured!!!!

Squad had 8 defenders in it - 4 first choice and 4 as cover (i.e. two players for each position just like Rafa's got at Liverpool Re:Hab) - would seem enough you'd have thought!!

End of the day no side can cover that many injuries in space of a few weeks in one position and not have a drastically weakened backline.

Tbh I'm worried - think we could struggle to hold it together in the run-in with the injuries we've got - hate to say it but can see us ending up with f.u.c.k all because of it despite clearly being the best side int he country this season.

mate the last part of your post has crossed my mind a hell of a lot of late

french_og
24-04-2007, 04:51 PM
I'd like to see a repeat of the 2005 Final so Come on Milan!!!!

Esox Lucius
24-04-2007, 05:00 PM
nah i want an all english final.

Esox Lucius
24-04-2007, 05:02 PM
united v liverpool is what im hoping for, what a ****ing game that would be.

although i've just got this feeling chelsea are going to win the CL, had it most of this season.

i think united premiership & fa cup.

nick_anarchy
24-04-2007, 05:03 PM
all english would be great , showing the english league domanate the CL is what we want !

nick_anarchy
24-04-2007, 05:04 PM
united v liverpool is what im hoping for, what a ****ing game that would be.

although i've just got this feeling chelsea are going to win the CL, had it most of this season.

i think united premiership & fa cup.

well 2mro i think they will make liverpool look piss poor and take control from kick off

Traxx
24-04-2007, 05:12 PM

we were given 40m to spend in jan , 20 on owen & 20 on tores but no luck till the summer also a bid of around 10 m went in to southhampton for their left back but knocked back ... so where u got info from then was a load of crap

What you got to back your info up?

Esox Lucius
24-04-2007, 05:13 PM
wouldnt write either of them off to be honest, i think chelsea will worm themselves through though but hope the shite knock em out.

djfase
24-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Over the 2 legs without a defence i feel milan will be too strong.

Will be interesting to see maldini play as i feel he is the greatest defender that ever lived.

Would like to see all english final but milan have the experience. I hope im wrong

Numeric
24-04-2007, 07:11 PM
apparently Evra is startin, so it's not too bad...

nick_anarchy
24-04-2007, 07:33 PM
What you got to back your info up?

haha now that would be telling mate plus th eman utd web site does tell the fans whats goin on day to day aldo sky sports news ... plus im lucky to know a few ppl within football to know a few things ;)...i cant names names but my dad drinks with one of them

nick_anarchy
24-04-2007, 07:36 PM
apparently Evra is startin, so it's not too bad...

seeing as i give my ticket up for tonight as of a hospital opp i had and couldnt make it i got my tex as normal .....

starting 11 as from the man utd text i get ....

van der sar
o'shea
brown
heinze
evra
fletcher
scholes
carrick
ronaldo
giggs
rooney

Traxx
24-04-2007, 09:59 PM
LUCKY!

digitalboy
24-04-2007, 10:02 PM
what a game. i thought they were ****ed at half time.

brilliant performance. :)

Insomnia
24-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Well to be honest i thought Man u were gonna get beat badly after the first half, fair play with the result tonight, great goal from rooney to win it!!

Esox Lucius
24-04-2007, 10:54 PM
class game, people just keep writing them off and getting proven wrong.

basslinejunkie
24-04-2007, 11:45 PM

also we didnt expect to have no defenders at this stage with 2 out on loan 4 injured

fan of the reliable sun then eh???......

Numeric
24-04-2007, 11:59 PM
what a performance in the second half from United, we were at on the ropes at half-time, it didn't look good, the team shown incredible character, they did us proud...

Rio and Vidic were sorely missed tonight, and Evra's yellow card was a complete joke, which makes things worse for the second leg...

how fitting though that Cristiano and Rooney scored the goals, two years back they weren't ready for Milan, tonight they come of age...

dan the acid man
25-04-2007, 01:11 AM
yeah, classic game of two halfs, man utd started so well then got hammered for most of the first half, but what a performance in the second half, was a good match to watch.

Tomorrows should be good, got a feeling chelsea will sneak through, seems to be their year for doing that, but would prefer liverpool to get through

french_og
25-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Scholes was your best player last night. Scholes was at the centre of everything and i don't think he gave the ball away once and what a pass for Rooney's 1st goal. To be playing against a side like Milan he just looked to have so much time on the ball. Sign of such a great player.

nick_anarchy
25-04-2007, 07:37 AM
wayne rooney , wayne rooney he goes by the name of wayne rooney !

we were all over them , all they wanted to do was slow the game down and be boreing 2nd half we pissed all over them , they were scared and tired

its a fact milan cant handle english football after 2005 !!

lukekendall
25-04-2007, 08:22 AM
fair play unt

rooneys goal was class!!!

i always thought kaka was a class player but i never realises how much pace he has, its quite deseptive the way he runs!!

it will be hard game at the san siro tho, they only need a 1.0

i think you will do it tho!

Numeric
25-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Scholes was your best player last night. Scholes was at the centre of everything and i don't think he gave the ball away once and what a pass for Rooney's 1st goal. To be playing against a side like Milan he just looked to have so much time on the ball. Sign of such a great player.

aye the pass for Rooney's first was a stroke of genius, it was exactly what we needed from Scholes to make a break-through, in them kind of situations you look to your best players for a moment of class and they delivered once again...

our match winning players all stood up and were counted tonight, Cristiano, Scholes, Rooney and Giggs with the run at the end, but Fletcher was excellent and also Carrick once we found our feet, incredible...

Numeric
25-04-2007, 08:34 AM
i haven't even mentioned Rooney's finish for the winner, f**k me what a belter...

:cheese:

RE:HAB's lovin it...

nick_anarchy
25-04-2007, 08:48 AM
we need to hope that some kind of order is worked out in our defence , we cant go over there with yet another shambles back 4

LittleMinx
25-04-2007, 09:25 AM
What a result!! :cheese:

Good ol Rooney!! :cool:

Fingers crossed for next game eh, just hope the defence sort there positioning out!!! :whoops:

I got good hopes for us winning next match! :;

kai
25-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Hopefully Ferdinand will be back by next week (fingers crossed), and was there not talk of Neville being back in time for the Everton game - if so he may be fit for next week.

Here's hoping!

If not, guess we'll just have to outscore them again!!!

Looks like Maldini and Gattuso will be out for second leg too - for me Gattuso getting injured was the turning point - once he was off it gave Carrick and Scholes the run of things in midfield.

nick_anarchy
25-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Hopefully Ferdinand will be back by next week (fingers crossed), and was there not talk of Neville being back in time for the Everton game - if so he may be fit for next week.

Here's hoping!

If not, guess we'll just have to outscore them again!!!

Looks like Maldini and Gattuso will be out for second leg too - for me Gattuso getting injured was the turning point - once he was off it gave Carrick and Scholes the run of things in midfield.

well rio & neville are in line for the everten game so u never know what can happen ... odd things have happened before with utds docotrs & injured playes ;)

scholes did seem to be marked out the game the 1st half , no space to create and do is normal thing like you said Gattuso was the turning point fr his change in play ..

Ronaldo didnt have 2 markin him at the start but as the game went on he had 3 by full time which helped as it took another defender & midfielder away so carrick & scholes could pass and move and to give giggs & rooney space to move in behind the defence

basslinejunkie
25-04-2007, 10:11 AM
they'l do you at the san siro, all they need is a 1-0.

nick_anarchy
25-04-2007, 10:21 AM
they might score but so can we , if we play with pace again they wont be able to cope

kai
25-04-2007, 10:23 AM
End of the day advantage with us regardless - they have to win - we only need a draw - they'll need more than 1 to beat us as cant see us not scoring at least one over there - especially if Maldini and Gattuso are out.

Esox Lucius
25-04-2007, 10:27 AM
united have still got a very good chance, it only takes a few pieces of magic from rooney & ronaldo, they can turn it on to f.uck like.

more excited about tonight now.

come on the shite!

feels very wrong saying that.

kai
25-04-2007, 10:30 AM
I dont know who I want to win tonight tbh - feels all wrong to want either team to get a result.

Think I'm gonna side with Chelsea though as gf's a Liverpool fan and was pissing me off at 2-1 down last night so payback required!

And could do without a Utd n Liverpool final - be world war 3 in my house whoever wins that one!!!!

Esox Lucius
25-04-2007, 10:56 AM
a united liverpool final would be an all time remembered match both teams having a lot of history, classic. still think chelski no history are gonna win it though.

25-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Fair play to the scum, 2nd half performance was fantastic by all accounts.
Scholes pass was class, and rooneys winner, well what can i or anyone say about that, from the top drawer.

Still think its gonna be a hard task @ the san siro, but milan will have to come out of the blocks fighting which could leave them open at the back.

Evra was daft for gettin himself booked, i think he was booked for descent not the atual challenge... Scholes was lucky a few times also not to go in the book.

Overall a good result, could of been better i spose.

I still think theres a good job you could get done at the san siro, but the winner that rooney scored puts you in good stead for the next game...

Well done ass bandits...

basslinejunkie
25-04-2007, 11:05 AM
united have still got a very good chance, it only takes a few pieces of magic from rooney & ronaldo, they can turn it on to f.uck like.

more excited about tonight now.

come on the shite!

feels very wrong saying that.

good lad,you know it makes sense :D

nick_anarchy
25-04-2007, 11:07 AM
I dont know who I want to win tonight tbh - feels all wrong to want either team to get a result.

Think I'm gonna side with Chelsea though as gf's a Liverpool fan and was pissing me off at 2-1 down last night so payback required!

And could do without a Utd n Liverpool final - be world war 3 in my house whoever wins that one!!!!

never mind your house haah , be world war3, 4, 5, 6 etc over the north west

if we both get to athens i wont be goin put it that way i wont risk it not even for what it is ... utd vs chelsea yes and i will speakin to memates about the tickets asap

nick_anarchy
25-04-2007, 11:09 AM
haha plus my gfs best mate works for mcdonalds now with them being a sponcer for the CL, managers get so many tickets per store her and her fella are both managers so i got another option to try hehe

FILTERZ
25-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Man utd

what a great win and well deserved

Rooneys goals both rockin

Insomnia
25-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Man U have a great chance of getting to the final now, if they get a goal early on they'll have Milan on the ropes for the rest of the match......

nick_anarchy
25-04-2007, 01:01 PM
G Neville should be back for the everton game , also rio is a possability for the 2nd leg at the moment he should be in the squad for everton too

Will
27-04-2007, 03:18 PM
How shit is Dida though? Keepers shouldn't get beaten at their near post and he didn't get near the 3rd goal and he was at fault for all 3.

Insomnia
27-04-2007, 03:21 PM
I reckon they may put that 6ft 7 australian guy back in goal, i think it would be a good idea, i remember him against Celtic earlier in the tournament he was a quality keeper!!

Will
27-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Sounds like a good idea! I mean Dida's a decent shot stopper, but when his positioning's so poor it makes little difference, plus he's far from commanding on crosses etc either.

278d7e64a374de26f==