PDA

View Full Version : One Night in Hackney

spiralx
11-11-2003, 08:01 PM
AKA Stay Up Forever 69 by Chris Liberator and DAVE the Drummer... anyone else here heard it? Aaron Liberator played it last Friday night at Technosis and it's the funniest track I've heard in absolutely ages. The vocal is some guy talking about ending up at a squat party in Hackney and taking shit loads of drugs and drinking "15 cans of Stella", everyone went nuts on the dancefloor and I giggled my way through it whilst dancing. Can't wait for it to come out :clap:

Oh and if Henry read this... when is it out? :dance:

Si the Sigh
11-11-2003, 08:56 PM
Online samples? I've been gagging to hear this for some time, but can't find any downloads / samples? HELP! It sounds like a wicked tune! :rambo:

spiralx
11-11-2003, 09:07 PM
I've been looking but I can't find any so far... and yes, it is absolutely brilliant! :D

jonnyspeed
11-11-2003, 10:08 PM
Chris Liberator played it out the other week, Very amusing - I like this stuff because it breaks up the night and keeps everybody going. Since the crowds are getting older it just adds that little bit of humour that keeps the London scene havin' it rather than too up its own arse.

MARKEG
12-11-2003, 12:43 AM
i love the 'humour' in acid techno. something very special and unique...

ampassasinbirmingham
12-11-2003, 01:00 AM
im not one bit a fan of acid techno. but there does seem to be a sense of community/ not caring what anyone else thinks:)

Si the Sigh
12-11-2003, 08:21 AM

100% agree with you there Mark! Some of the track names, aliases, and etchings with acid techno always make me laugh! It's almost like a close knit comunity up in London, a load of mates having a laugh & providing some wicked & fun party music! :clap: :rambo: :clap:

Esox Lucius
12-11-2003, 08:58 AM
im not one bit a fan of acid techno. but there does seem to be a sense of community/ not caring what anyone else thinks:) yeah I agree.

jonnyspeed
15-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Spoke to a couple of people that know and this will be out in January. Was due in Decemeber but that's looking highly unlikely. White labels are doing the rounds and there will be some promos out before santa comes but it won't be on general release for a while.

There you are.

dan the acid man
15-11-2003, 06:14 PM
bring on january then, not personally heard it but alot of people are saying its rather good, and as for london techno not taking itself too serious and people doing what they want, thats what its all about for me, i cant stand people who are too up their own arse, and the music should be about having a good time and enjoying yourself

slacker
16-11-2003, 10:29 PM
don't think the london 3 party scene is ever going to disappear up its own behind, so we will always have pounding pisstake choons on a sunday night :lol:

only one other type of techno with comparable hilarity, and that's ghetto-tech. heehee.

lunatrick
16-11-2003, 10:50 PM
At the end of day music should be fun, it's about enjoying yourself.....nothing worse than serious techno bods stroking their chins to the latest serious techno tune....just so boring.....also its number 69 isn't it....fnnar fnnarr.....

Si the Sigh
17-11-2003, 09:35 AM
69...ha! :lol:

davethedrummer
19-11-2003, 08:40 PM
glad you like it guys
sorry it's gona take so long to come out
but that just gives us a chance to play it first

hahahahahahahaha!

anyway ,this is the story of a young man who visited london for the first time.........

Spooney
20-11-2003, 12:56 AM
............and ended up in Hackney, I wouldn't wanna be him!!

Si the Sigh
20-11-2003, 08:16 AM
glad you like it guys

hahahahahahahaha!

anyway ,this is the story of a young man who visited london for the first time.........

Henry, it sounds like its based on that One night in New York City by the Horrorist?! :lol:

slacker
20-11-2003, 11:38 AM

I would.

spiralx
20-11-2003, 11:44 AM
glad you like it guys

hahahahahahahaha!
:twisted: evil bastard!

Who did the vocal for it... and who are all of those people giggling away in the background?

spiralx
20-11-2003, 11:45 AM
I would.
Yeah, the reason the song is so funny is that it's just like most of my nights out in Hackney... although admittedly I know exactly what I'm letting myself in for :clap:

Si the Sigh
20-11-2003, 11:45 AM
My guess is Chris Liberator as he seems to do the vocals on most acid techno tracks! :roll: :lol:

slacker
20-11-2003, 12:48 PM
Yeah, the reason the song is so funny is that it's just like most of my nights out in Hackney... although admittedly I know exactly what I'm letting myself in for

didn't the first time I went (remember the headfuk party in hackney wick Spiralx? the one with the 40k rig? :twisted: ) and still loved it. I mean a fat old random building filled with drugs and hard techno for 2 days, what's not to like?!?!!!

oh, and 15 CANS OF STEEEEEEEELLLAAAA!!!!! :lol:

think Chris does many of the silly vocals also, his voice seems to have the correct drone. anyone heard "hackney soap box?" I rather like that choon, a bit different really. I reckon techno producers should do some more hip-hoppy stuff, it sounded really unique.

anyway, back to writing about Gettier and the undefeasibility principle. FUN!

Si the Sigh
20-11-2003, 01:02 PM
i'd put money on Chris being the voice. but not loads of money mind you...

matt303
20-11-2003, 01:52 PM
yeah guy told me chris loves the sound of his own voice :lol:

Si the Sigh
20-11-2003, 02:00 PM
ha ha! Steve Smitten said the same! :lol:

jonnyspeed
20-11-2003, 03:03 PM
Hackney is a top place to live... if you like art, litter and getting the bus. But as they say 'Hackney Council is a bunch of cunts'

Si the Sigh
20-11-2003, 03:12 PM
...now THATS a wicked tune! there was even an artical in the Daily Star about that track! :clap: :lol:

spiralx
20-11-2003, 03:43 PM
yeah guy told me chris loves the sound of his own voice :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Louk
20-11-2003, 03:45 PM
i want this tune.

Louk

Si the Sigh
20-11-2003, 03:46 PM
...join the queue man!! :lol:

spiralx
20-11-2003, 05:06 PM
Too right... I'm broke at the moment (bloody Christmas!) so this is the only thing I'm going to pick up for a couple of months!

Ack, just checked the SUF forever site and it says Dynamo City - "One Night in Hackney" is going to be released on the 19th of January :protest: That's far too long to wait!

spiralx
20-11-2003, 05:08 PM
Oh and the B-side is called "One Night In A Village in Kent" :)

jonnyspeed
20-11-2003, 07:03 PM
If you add up all the truelove collective's tracks about Hackney could you get a whole album out of them?

Hackney Soap box
Hackney Council...
One Night in Hackney...

well there's a remix EP. Any more? :lol:

MrAcid
20-11-2003, 11:29 PM
D.A.V.E The Drumer & Chris Liberator,one night in hackney ????????

just one thing for them :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jonnyspeed
21-11-2003, 01:42 AM
Remembered another one by Henry... "Lost in Hackney"

Si the Sigh
21-11-2003, 08:04 AM
Yep, good tune! :clap:

VOMATRON
24-11-2003, 02:55 AM
excuse the ignorance,but what is the joke around hackney? i too noticed it used on many occasions,but im not from england so i dont know shit :)

Carl
24-11-2003, 03:32 AM
its a part of London mate. i used to live pretty close to Hackney :lol:

spiralx
24-11-2003, 10:54 AM
excuse the ignorance,but what is the joke around hackney? i too noticed it used on many occasions,but im not from england so i dont know shit :)
Hackney is an area of London which is full of massive industrial estates with loads of abandonded warehouses just perfect for holding huge squat parties every week :) People have been putting squat parties on there for years, it's probably still the most popular area for doing so.

TechnoWhore
24-11-2003, 03:07 PM
CRACK CITY = HACKNEY = HACKNEY CENTRAL (E9) = (IMMERSION ET AL) = HAGGERSTON = E2 = GEEZER /DRUMMER ET AL..

SO GO FIGURE..

Hackney is the spiritual home of all things dance music in London...Rave was born here (Shut Up and Dance, Hackney Hardcore etc)...then grew up to Jungle (in Hackney..mainly Stoke Newington)...then became D&B (got rich and moved outta Hackney :lol: )...Acid Techno was born (and still lives) here...Speed Garage was born here (and a bit of an annoying neighbour :doh: ) and so on and so forth...

dan the acid man
24-11-2003, 03:12 PM
speed garage has been living in sheffield aswell, all the wannabe dj,s at the college were i work are playing it, drives me mad after a bit

Tobe Cypher23
24-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Heard Aaron play it at Megadog on Sat...was class. Nice ta hear some humour back in the tunes again.

Made my night his set.

VOMATRON
24-11-2003, 06:04 PM
ahh thanks for the info guys, that made me a lot smarter, iknew it was a part of london but what exact connection it had with techno i never really understood,but now i see the big picture clearer about it, thanks! :)

jonnyspeed
24-11-2003, 08:45 PM
Hackney is where the Curved Pressings is... http://www.curvedpressings.com/CurvedPressings.htm

Quote:
Curved Pressings was initially conceived by Lawrie Immersion aka Pounding Grooves/ Curve Pusher and his business partners. In the late months of 2000, seven 1202 and one 702 Toolex Alpha pressing machines were bought and imported from Croatia.

This set the seed for outside investments from the likes of Space Djz, Glenn Wilson from Planet Rhythm/ Punish, Chris Liberator and the Stay Up Forever collective, Smitten, Wedafuqawi, Subway records from Bristol, Kakattack and Dekked Sounds, GMT Audio, Sativae Records and a few well known promoters and faces from the London dance scene. Together our aim is to provide a premier service for pressing your vinyl.

jonnyspeed
24-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Its also got no tube and the council got done for corruption... Hackney Wick is a bit further east, basically just old factories that run along the Lea Valley Canal, between Bow and Stratford (not Upon Avon!) - soon to be re-developed for London's Olympic Bid

spiralx
24-11-2003, 09:33 PM
Yeah, there's been a shocking lack of consultation between the Olympic bid people and the London underground party scene ;)

Si the Sigh
25-11-2003, 08:01 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

jonnyspeed
25-11-2003, 12:24 PM
I think I'll give Ken Livingstone a ring. He's a hippy at heart I'm sure he'll reconsider :)

Si the Sigh
25-11-2003, 12:28 PM
...worth a shot. hey, why not invite him round for a smoke? :lol:

Kangxi
05-12-2003, 05:49 AM
Jonnyspeed et al - - for future reference is hackney a place where you have to watch your ass

or a place where you REALLY HAVE TO watch your ass! ?

savvy?

but then again I don't suppose you have snipers :neutral:

jonnyspeed
05-12-2003, 06:47 PM
All of London is safe as house, mate. I went shopping there yesterday. Bought meself some socks and a big bag of rice.

davethedrummer
08-12-2003, 11:32 PM

it's me actually........and chris laughing in the background
and both of us together on the chorus

so that's 15 quid you owe me.......i'll just chalk it up with the rest and we can square up at christmas

DJ Corbzy
08-12-2003, 11:40 PM

100% agree with you there Mark! Some of the track names, aliases, and etchings with acid techno always make me laugh! It's almost like a close knit comunity up in London, a load of mates having a laugh & providing some wicked & fun party music! :clap: :rambo: :clap:

bedroom jazz tangle and bathroom jizz manouevre! :clap:

quality mr cullen! :lol:

Analbumcover
09-12-2003, 12:50 PM
Bonus! Aaron gave me a copy at the weekend. Nice one...

dan the acid man
09-12-2003, 05:10 PM
Bonus! Aaron gave me a copy at the weekend. Nice one...

lucky bugger, im counting down the days to release, hope it lives upto the hype, still not heard it yet

daviec
09-12-2003, 05:27 PM
I heard it for the first time on Friday at the BOA party. I didn't think much of it to start with but as it went on it got better and better. :lol:

anx
09-12-2003, 05:33 PM
im not as interested in hearing the track as i am hearing the story

Si the Sigh
09-12-2003, 09:38 PM

it's me actually........and chris laughing in the background
and both of us together on the chorus

so that's 15 quid you owe me.......i'll just chalk it up with the rest and we can square up at christmas

Ah ya fu*ker! ha ha! Quite a good voice there Henry. Pop Idol next year then? ;) :lol:

dan the acid man
09-12-2003, 10:25 PM
Ah ya fu*ker! ha ha! Quite a good voice there Henry. Pop Idol next year then? ;) :lol:

what a great idea si, we could do a techno idol academy, put aload of techno idols in a house and film them trying to make it in the techno world, now we just need to find the techno equivelant of simon cowell, erm what about dave clarke ;) :lol: :lol:

Si the Sigh
10-12-2003, 10:11 AM
ah ha ha! quality... :clap: Tec-Idol

ampassasinbirmingham
10-12-2003, 11:45 AM
the three judges would have to be

dr fox= hawtin
woman=mills
fuming man= clarke

spiralx
10-12-2003, 02:00 PM
Audio samples are up on Trackheads...

http://www.accessallareas.org/sounds/14682_1.mp3
http://www.accessallareas.org/sounds/14682_2.mp3

:clap:

Si the Sigh
10-12-2003, 02:04 PM
Damn i love this tune!! :rambo:~yarr!! Check it out if you have NOT heard it! And if you HAVE heard it...Listen again you cunts!! :lol:

anx
10-12-2003, 03:26 PM
holy shit

thats actually ****ing wicked! i havnt bought a suf in a while i think i will have to pick this one up

Si the Sigh
10-12-2003, 03:32 PM
mate, its going to fly out of record shops as soon as its out me thinks! one of the best releases EVER and its not even out yet!! :clap:

dan the acid man
10-12-2003, 05:43 PM
haha!!!!!!

im not dissapointed, from that little clip it sounded great, the sample is class. Roll on january, what a start to next year
:dance:

Methodixxx
11-12-2003, 12:23 AM
Henry played the tune when he was down here on Saturday and people are still gagging over it! As soon as I heard the start I was running round the crowd shouting "one night in hackney" and "15 pints of stella" to which I had to explain why to my mates, as they thought I'd lost it :mashed: And then I got so caught up in my little world I missed some of the track :lol: But to say it did the job is a massive understatement... crowd pleaser fo sho mofos :dance:

MARKEG
11-12-2003, 09:07 AM
this is SUCH a track!!!!!

Si the Sigh
11-12-2003, 11:51 AM
this is SUCH a track!!!!!

...and you KNOW that!! :clap:

Louk
27-12-2003, 06:34 AM
heard this tonight thanks to you playing it mark - what a ****ing tune i want it now more than ever

Louk

DJ Pearcey
28-12-2003, 09:21 PM
Had to sign into the techno forum to say what a f ucking tune!! ;)

MARKEG
28-12-2003, 09:55 PM
wow look at this guys - a load of trance/hardstyle ppl into this track!!!!!!!!!! right it's now up to us to show them the light hahaha.

make sure you buy everything on:

hydraulix
stay up forever
raw

and if you feel like going a little deeper:

skull,
construct rhythm
jerk

and even deeper:

planet rhythm
native diffusion
compound

and if you wanna go seriously deep then:

surgeon,
regis
makaton

and even deeper, then we're off into warp territory.

hahahaha

LOVIN THIS THREAD!!!!!!

jonnyspeed
29-12-2003, 10:19 AM
I know this might sound wrong but whilst I like this tune it doesn't rank in my current top ten - maybe having heard it out on a big rig I think it really is a lot of fun in a mix not not much more.

I am mostly listening to APEX and MAXMIN stuff from Henry and Chris at the moment.

Louk
30-12-2003, 11:01 AM
make sure you buy everything on:

hydraulix
stay up forever
raw

and if you feel like going a little deeper:

skull,
construct rhythm
jerk

LOVIN THIS THREAD!!!!!!

i've been into construct rhythm and jerk stuff for years now!!! kay d smith - face smasher back in teh dayz.....

thanks for the other suggestions though i'll cehck em out today niiice one :)

Louk

DjRAraujo
30-12-2003, 04:53 PM
yah i brought this record from london and its rocking tha place out here in Brazil !!!!!!!

One Night in Hackneyyyyyyyyy

15 cans of stellaaaaaaaaaaaaa ( I love it )
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

serox
30-12-2003, 06:53 PM
crossbones made somthing like this ages ago about hackney didnt they?

also reminds me of one night in NYC?

serox
30-12-2003, 06:57 PM
always fun when there is a party on carpenters road (3 mins walk from my house)

maybe will be hackney NYE? looking phat by the list of systems confrimed already eh?

GABBAWOCKY
KSS
NINE BAR
RAVENOUS
SECTION63
PSYCHOSIS
TINKERBELL
STINKYPINK
TORMENT
FUK NO'S
MANIK
MALFAEUTERS
DISRUPTIVE AUDIO
PHSYCHOSIS
ILFE
STONKA
RANDOMSOUNDS
FREEBASS

MORE LONDON RIGS TBC.

dan the acid man
30-12-2003, 07:15 PM
now that is a line up of systems, how big is the place that party is happening in then

serox
31-12-2003, 12:28 AM
massive, possibly 2 places next to each other :lol:

cannot be missed, **** any over priced clubs. will be cheap drink, drugs etc what ever your into

K Front
31-12-2003, 10:41 AM
Wicked track! Really want this one.. :rambo:

edk
02-01-2004, 02:05 PM
quaility track played by mark nye, and wragg " i think ". summed up the night even me missus commented on it. a track thats pullin a techno trance head over to techno, pure class.

Deacon
11-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Hilarious record, but the guy starts shouting 15 CANS OF STELLA it makes me cringe for some reason.

Tobe Cypher23
14-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Heard it at the last Megadog it was the tune of the night for me. Next ta Eat Statics version of Popcorn tune or is it Pong :doh:

278d7e64a374de26f==