PDA

View Full Version : Gattuso - Liverpool a Long Ball Team

Numeric
04-05-2007, 08:17 AM
he does talk sense sometimes...

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=464841&CPID=5&clid=120&lid=4161&title=Gattuso:+Reds+a+long+ball+team

:laughing:

Insomnia
04-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Cant beat abit of pre-match banter eh......

Not suprised that coming from him though, he was always at it when he played for Glasgow Rangers before they took on Celtic........

Esox Lucius
04-05-2007, 08:44 AM
united should have bought gattuso, ****in quality.

chelsea are a long ball team, cashley to drogba, but it didnt work :cool:

french_og
04-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Yeah Liverpool do play a lot of long ball, one of the reasons most Madrid supporters don't want Benitez to be their manager. But it is effective in Europe and Milan are probably worried about the physical threat Liverpool pose which is why Gattuso is giving it some already.

DJ RE:HAB
04-05-2007, 09:14 AM
True we do when we have the likes of crouchy on, but its what to be expected when you have tall centre forwards. I myself dont like it sometimes but if its effective and puts the ball in the back of their net am not complaining.

If you look back in history the majority of teams with tall strikers have opted for the long ball tactics.

Liverpool dont play this all the time i have to add as crouchy isnt starting all the time, thankfully... We still are a team who knock the ball round well and have two of the best passers in alonso and gerrard in the world...

Traxx
04-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Its a real shame that his height comes in hand with the ball being twatted up to him a lot of the time as he has really good feet when its played into him. 90% of the long balls that come into him he heads it right back to the other team, mainly coz our midfiled dont support the front men enough. So the 2nd balls are lost. The distance between them is stupid in our attackin play or when were on a break. One of our main problems. I dont think its fair to brand us a long ball team though. Just a bit of mud slinging.

DJsmallpaul
04-05-2007, 07:31 PM
I suprised Milan haven't been thrown out the comp yet cause it was clear for everyone to see on wednesday night that Gattuso was off his face drugs.

Even the commentator described him as "Manic"

Numeric
04-05-2007, 07:35 PM
he looked like a wild beast for sure...

he's gonna be so fired up for the final, Gerrard dissed Gatusso in his book as if he needs any more motivation after the 2005 final...

the Liverpool midfield are gonna have to be on top of their game to deal with him...

basslinejunkie
04-05-2007, 07:44 PM
dont need to deal with him,he doesnt score goals.its kaka we need to watch

DJsmallpaul
04-05-2007, 07:46 PM
I'd say take the ****er out, nice stamp on his foot should break a few metatarsils. Easliy done when players jocky for position in a corner situation :;

nick_anarchy
04-05-2007, 07:47 PM
end of the day if u have players who can pass like gerrard & alonso who cares

utd were the same when we had beckham

nick_anarchy
04-05-2007, 07:50 PM
dont need to deal with him,he doesnt score goals.its kaka we need to watch

it will be a test ... he is defo the man of the moment

DJsmallpaul
04-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Yea his pace & touch are world class

nick_anarchy
04-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Yea his pace & touch are world class

wouldnt surprise me after the way he played in the semi finals both legs that he pulls off world player of the year

god i would love to see him at utd !!

Insomnia
04-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Kaka is amazing, i remember about 4 year back watching him then, what a player he has turned out to be!!

Price tag would be intresting!!

Will
05-05-2007, 02:54 PM
I think he's equalled the record for goals scored in a season in the CL hasn't he? On 10 now.

Richierush
06-05-2007, 02:21 PM
what was said in gerrards book? i wudnt read it cause he's a scum bag,good footballer tho :laughing:

Numeric
06-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Gerrard probably doesn't know himself...

:laughing:

Numeric
06-05-2007, 02:57 PM
here it is...

“People rate Gattuso for some reason. For me, he is all mouth.

“He looks aggressive but is as scary as a kitten. He doesn’t hurt you. I’ve never seen Gattuso play a killer ball.

“Gattuso just plays for the fans — theatrical and emotional. He was the one Milan player who had a smirk on his face leaving the pitch at half-time."

Gattuso is gonna play him off the park in Anthens no question...

Esox Lucius
06-05-2007, 04:56 PM
gerrard might be a top class footballer but he is still a thick huyton scumbag. cant believe someone would want to read his book when he's only in his 20's. you're just being murked for your cash.

Numeric
06-05-2007, 05:09 PM
yeah all these footballers releasing books at young ages, it's a ****in joke man...

Richierush
06-05-2007, 05:10 PM
gotta say what he said in his book is rather funny,that smirk on his face at half time must have made gerrard feel amazin at full time,id have loved to be gerrard at full time runnin over to him with the trophy :laughing:

Richierush
06-05-2007, 05:18 PM
yeah all these footballers releasing books at young ages, it's a ****in joke man...

yea too right,dont understand it.its not like they dont earn enough money anyway

french_og
07-05-2007, 07:26 AM
I am reading 'El Macca' at the moment - thats a good book and he at least waited until after his football career had finished.

To be fair to Gattuso he will admit he is not a great player - when asked after the game the other week about him being the best player on the pitch that game his response was 'your having a laugh, i do the doggies for the real footballers in our side'.

Numeric
07-05-2007, 10:11 AM
aye, but it's that kind of player that is the keystone of the team...

Insomnia
07-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Gattuso is a great player, the guy never gives up and definatley someone i'd like to be in my team for sure, i think him and Fabregas would pair up nicely! :cheese:

278d7e64a374de26f==